THE BROWNS BOARD

Better Accept Jesus!

gftChris

The title of the thread seems to be the point in question - it's a direct quote of the lady from the article, as Logic pointed out. It's in the first sentence of the article:

Talking now to those people who claim others are 'apologists' for muslims or whatever - I haven't heard a single person here actually condemning the attack. Instead, people seem to be saying 'it's only one person' and that since 'muslims are worse' we shouldn't care about it.

I'm not saying that people here would condone this kind of assault, but it's quite easy to see how *not condemning* turns in to passive condoning in the eyes of some.

Publicly "condemning the.." anything is just being an insincere political vagina.

Say it out loud, in a mirror, while wagging your finger in your sternest press secretary/ publicist voice. Trust me, you'll look, sound, and feel like a douche.

I agree, 'publicly condemning' stuff is pretty much pointless for anyone but politicians who need to be seen doing something to appease their base, yet every time we have news like this it gets posted up here as if we need to respond to every single attack, and if we don't, it's "but nobody's saying x, y and z so you must all approve of it"

I agree, 'publicly condemning' stuff is pretty much pointless for anyone but politicians who need to be seen doing something to appease their base, yet every time we have news like this it gets posted up here as if we need to respond to every single attack, and if we don't, it's "but nobody's saying x, y and z so you must all approve of it"

That

Optics.

Perhaps rational people get confused when the responses to similar stories are along the lines of "ha ha ha! Scary brown people!"

(if we didn't know better we might guess these types of statements were made by dimwits.)

WSS

"To Chris, a nutjob beating up on somebody they really don't like, is the same as toturing and beheading a lot of

innocent men,women and children." Me

Chris, it's childish to backtrack and defend your comments by claiming none of us condemned the beating up on somebody.

Obviously, "nutjob" implies a condemnation.

But the attempt to flip the situations as equal, tit for tat, is really, really ignorant.

Archived