THE BROWNS BOARD

Get Real

OldBrownsFan

But to answer the OP's question: I believe the Browns are in a good position. We can speculate and what-if forever, but the fact of the matter is that last year this FO used FA and the draft to make this team better.

Complain about the first round if you will, but compare rosters of '13 and '14 Browns and tell me which you'd prefer.

I don't see why Farmer couldn't use this offseason to take another step forward. I wouldn't mind seeing 12 and 19 both being spent on the D line and LB corps. Add Cecil Shorts in FA and another WR in the midrounds as well as some O line depth.

I also expect the continuity of the coaching staff to be very helpful. Overall, the Browns very well could compete for the division.

It all hinges on the decisions they will be making soon. I just don't see it as being far fetched this team being able to compete for the division next season.

we as fans will always dissect past drafts and the shouldas, couldas wouldas........

hell last year's draft was a dream sequence for me with gilbert and then they picked manziel and i thought..........'same old browns'....but farmer pushed up his sleeves and drafted a defensive secondary class that should be there for many many years to come. get us a NT a beast ILB and depth on the OL and we'll talk a ted stickwater next year. 'cept he'll be about 50 lbs. heavier, stronger arm, a bulldog run-over-a-LB stuff it up the gut QB in cardale jones.

somebody 'HIT ME'

It all hinges on the decisions they will be making soon. I just don't see it as being far fetched this team being able to compete for the division next season.

I think it is extremely far fetched to expect this team to compete for the division as long as the big bads have quarterbacks and we do not. I also don't trust winston to be good or Mariota to have enough nfl talent. I think we have to build the defense, and expect to suck balls next season.

Fail for cardale.

I think it is extremely far fetched to expect this team to compete for the division as long as the big bads have quarterbacks and we do not. I also don't trust winston to be good or Mariota to have enough nfl talent. I think we have to build the defense, and expect to suck balls next season.

Fail for cardale.

Did you think the Browns would compete with the big bads last season? They did compete with them. We had one of them on the ropes going into the fourth quarter with our little old third string QB. So why it is far fetched to think they won't compete this season?

And Bridgewater's first game he was 12-20 150 yds, no TD's in a 20-9 loss (all points by FG of Minn.).

Bridgewater got most of a season to prove himself. JM got a depleted O line that Hoyer could not move the O with either.

Well the realization that not only did JF not know what was going on the defensive side of the ball he didn't even know what was going on in his own back field. Hoyer looked like Montana compared to JF and that is hardly a stretch.

Well the realization that not only did JF not know what was going on the defensive side of the ball he didn't even know what was going on in his own back field. Hoyer looked like Montana compared to JF and that is hardly a stretch.

We were not comparing a veteran to a rookie. Just a rookie to a rookie who played 14 games.

I usually cringe at the race card, I'm surprised at myself for pulling it. I guess it's reserved for sheer lunacy that can't be explained in any other way. I'm not saying that Bridgewater is the next Aaron Rodgers, all I'm saying is that showed good growth as a rookie and has promise moving into the future, something Manziel hasn't even come close to doing. Furthermore, Bridgewater isn't a running QB, he had fewer rushing attempts than Andrew Luck. He's a guy who looks to pass first but has the ability to escape the pocket if needed.

Johnny Manziel was supposed to be the black quarterback that we all thought Russel Wilson could be.

Archived