THE BROWNS BOARD

Elizabeth Warren

Westside Steve

Well, since people have checked Catholic and Black off the presidential list, the next is another minority like Hispanics, or a woman president. Not because these creatures would be the best for the job, but because people would be told it would assuage past wrong doings or some such horseshit.

Well, since people have checked Catholic and Black off the presidential list, the next is another minority like Hispanics, or a woman president. Not because these creatures would be the best for the job, but because people would be told it would assuage past wrong doings or some such horseshit.

Yep. The Republicans clearly put forward the best candidate, but there was just too much white guilt...

Yep. The Republicans clearly put forward the best candidate, but there was just too much white guilt...

Exactly. When you have the mainstream media willing and able to demagogue the election it's hard to run against more free shit.

I don't think there's a human being the Republicans could have run for president who would not have been immediately demonized. Come on, get serious. Heck was the base and claimed do have liked Mitch McConnell or Jon Huntsman or chris Christie more than the others. Had any of them won the nomination they'd have been painted as Hitler. You know it Woodrow.

WSS

Nice try, but try is all a steer can do, also.

It's rare that "the best people" fun for any office above a local level anymore.

I have started to view Federal Politics the same way I view football forums. If I'm not in the game, I'm not affecting it. People have a decreasing-reaching infintesimal level of impact on their elected leaders, no matter if its a donkey or a elephant.

Exactly. When you have the mainstream media willing and able to demagogue the election it's hard to run against more free shit.

I don't think there's a human being the Republicans could have run for president who would not have been immediately demonized. Come on, get serious. Heck was the base and claimed do have liked Mitch McConnell or Jon Huntsman or chris Christie more than the others. Had any of them won the nomination they'd have been painted as Hitler. You know it Woodrow.

WSS

Oh that's nice. I see what you did there. Even fit in the "more free stuff" angle.

As much as Reps complain about how the other side won, and why it wasn't fair, you think they'd look into the reasons why they lost. No candidate is perfect, just don't pick a candidate that is seen as clearly worse than the other by a lot of people.

For all of the "he just won cuz he's black" or "he just won cuz he gave out free stuff", maybe the right should fix the issues resulting in their loss.

Idk. Just a crazy thought

okay. Let's pretend you knew anything about either candid except that cool guys like Obama and think hes neat. What is it about President Obama that you thought was superior to Mitt Romney. Okay? Or tell me a couple Republicans you thought would have been better candidates. And why if you have any idea. Remember your buddy Obama was against gay marriage and against the exact same health program as the Democrats rammed through.

And yes the fact the Democrats are across the board in favor of more free shit, as I call it, is attractive to people who want free shit. Especially the 48% the pay no federal income tax and would not be affected by a tax hike.

WSS

Woody, do you feel that Obama's race had nothing to do with the voter turnout by minorities and young (all races) voters?

Granted, I don't think the republicans put a good candidate out but I don't think that even a good, moderate republican would have won either.

Well, he definitely gained a benefit from certain groups. Other groups may have voted against him because of his race. I'd imagine it was a net benefit though.

Some people want to make the case that he won only because of his race. I think that's false, easily. His opponent was an old John McCain and what can only be described as a desperate, fumbled attempt at female voters.

Obama wasn't perfect, but he was better than his opponent. Black or not.

okay. Let's pretend you knew anything about either candid except that cool guys like Obama and think hes neat. What is it about President Obama that you thought was superior to Mitt Romney. Okay? Or tell me a couple Republicans you thought would have been better candidates. And why if you have any idea. Remember your buddy Obama was against gay marriage and against the exact same health program as the Democrats rammed through.

And yes the fact the Democrats are across the board in favor of more free shit, as I call it, is attractive to people who want free shit. Especially the 48% the pay no federal income tax and would not be affected by a tax hike.

WSS

I mean, why respond? Your post clearly laid out that I don't know what I'm talking about...

I agree with that statement. Why respond?

And the best reason to not respond is that you don't know anything about what you were complaining about. You're mad because the Republicans didn't pick a better candidate and I asked you who would you have chosen. But you don't know any. And you don't know why you would have preferred Obama to Romney. So yes it's pointless to answer unless you have a counter argument. So far it's just that you think heck is a smart guy, which he is, and he loves Obama. And didn't like any Republicans. Also you don't like it that I mention free shit. Sorry. Tell me I'm wrong and why. Or if you're unable to of course follow your own advice and don't respond. Earned Income Tax Credit for poor people free or discounted health care for poor people more food stamps, more welfare more grants and forgiveness for student loans. All paid for with higher taxes on people who receive the very least of those benefits. Triumph for black people who think they have been overlooked by electing a black president. I understand that sentiment actually. I might ask if they are better off now 6 years later but that's after the fact. I always give you a chance to refute the things I say or show me where I'm wrong. When you refuse it makes you seem stupid which is why people pick on you.

I don't think I've ever challenged or picked on you unfairly.

WSS

and to the racial aspect sure some people wouldn't vote for a black man. But he won the white vote. And almost every black vote. So blacks will vote for a black guy because he's one of their own and they feel comfortable. Understandable. Some weights won't but many will because they see it as a positive step in the evolution of American politics. I don't think there's a good reason to vote for him because of his color one way or the other. I like Alan Keyes and Condoleezza Rice.

WSS

WSS

Rachel Madcow is, already, demonizing "The Bush's" (Jeb). Personally, I lack interest in him and would have to hold my nose if I ever voted for him. Tired about America's obsession with The Cult Of Personality.

Others have demonized Scott Walker, even though he has been elected 3 times in 4 years in a state known for its solid Union base - government and otherwise.

There is NO candidate that the media will portray as palatable other than ANY Democrat.

To me, the most interesting candidate would be Rand Paul - somebody with positions strongly held by the far left, albeit from the 'wrong party'. To me, Paul is so Right that he comes around to Far Left.

I agree with that statement. Why respond?

And the best reason to not respond is that you don't know anything about what you were complaining about. You're mad because the Republicans didn't pick a better candidate and I asked you who would you have chosen. But you don't know any. And you don't know why you would have preferred Obama to Romney. So yes it's pointless to answer unless you have a counter argument. So far it's just that you think heck is a smart guy, which he is, and he loves Obama. And didn't like any Republicans. Also you don't like it that I mention free shit. Sorry. Tell me I'm wrong and why. Or if you're unable to of course follow your own advice and don't respond. Earned Income Tax Credit for poor people free or discounted health care for poor people more food stamps, more welfare more grants and forgiveness for student loans. All paid for with higher taxes on people who receive the very least of those benefits. Triumph for black people who think they have been overlooked by electing a black president. I understand that sentiment actually. I might ask if they are better off now 6 years later but that's after the fact. I always give you a chance to refute the things I say or show me where I'm wrong. When you refuse it makes you seem stupid which is why people pick on you.

I don't think I've ever challenged or picked on you unfairly.

WSS

Jesus Steve, you went full on rant there. You even included statements that were incorrect and told me what I was thinking... Haha.

I'll respond when I'm out of work. Hopefully it is up to your standards. I have no free thoughts of my own though, and its only me that doesn't....

Give me a fucking break

I think denying that Obamas race was instrumental in his election is somewhere between naive and delusional. Black voters never came out in greater numbers and voters under 30 probably didn't either. The sad part is for all his promises he hasn't done much for them. Certainly not as much as someone like lbj.

Oh Steve, please stop. I thought you were supposed to be better than this. Now you're just Cal or a less angry Walter

Yeah that hurts. ;) Come on Woody, people give you the opportunity to argue or debate like a man but apparently that's beyond you. I just figured you'd be more comfortable with yet another woodpecker video. We don't have any true blue Obama apostles here anymore but we have a couple guys who will take the left position once in awhile.

if you can't hang with the big dogs stick with your global warming websites.

WSS

Archived