THE BROWNS BOARD

"Respecting peoples privacy" is a lie.

WalterWhite

I'm so tired of these fucking progressive revolutionaries who spout about their privacy rights being violated by The NSA and how Edward Snowden's documentary was so powerful (which it was) but then they go and hold Donald Sterling, Mel Gibson, Tiger Woods, Bill Clinton, Mitt Romney, Barry Bonds, and now The OU SEA fraternity to the flame for things said/recorded/documented in private.

It's fucking bullshit, you don't get told hold people to the flame for offensive things said in private unless you're willing to upload all of your pictures, videos, emails, messages, snapchats, tweets, instagrams,

I'm implying that we constantly criticize others while rarely criticizing ourselves. If you're going to pretend you've NEVER said anything offensive or racist in private then you're a fucking phony because we know that's not true.

I can honestly say I've never drunkenly chanted about how no black people will ever be allowed in my douchey little club

I can honestly say I've never told someone else to not let black people into my business establishment.

I can honestly say I've never gone on a rant against Jews.

This wasn't posted by someone who participated and thought it was all in good fun, beca I se they thought it would be funny or whatever. It was posted by someone with an agenda and they got what they wanted. Now the whole country can be up in arms over some white guys being racist and they have another excuse to not look at what actually plagues black culture.

This wasn't posted by someone who participated and thought it was all in good fun, beca I se they thought it would be funny or whatever. It was posted by someone with an agenda and they got what they wanted. Now the whole country can be up in arms over some white guys being racist and they have another excuse to not look at what actually plagues black culture.

Or this person happened to be there already, saw this happening, and filmed it. They may not have been sneaking around, plotting to take these evil white devils down.

Or this person happened to be there already, saw this happening, and filmed it. They may not have been sneaking around, plotting to take these evil white devils down.

Who knows?

But just to be clear you are fully in favor of taking those particular evil white Devils down correct?

WSS

Who knows?

But just to be clear you are fully in favor of taking those particular evil white Devils down correct?

WSS

I don't disagree with any of the punishment that has been placed on them yet. I also wouldn't disagree with an expulsion.

I'm not actively trying to take down any of them, but I don't feel sorry for them at all.

I also don't blame OU for anything ot has done so far. They need to protect their brand and distance themselves from these idiots.

I don't disagree with any of the punishment that has been placed on them yet. I also wouldn't disagree with an expulsion.

I'm not actively trying to take down any of them, but I don't feel sorry for them at all.

I also don't blame OU for anything ot has done so far. They need to protect their brand and distance themselves from these idiots.

Fair enough.

I would argue that other businesses are prosecuted for defending their brand but thanks for an honest answer.

WSS

and what sterling said?

I hate to say this but what you say to your crazy girlfriend is public as well for purposes of this discussion.

If we are talking about speech for which you could face criminal penalty, there are certain relationships attorney-client, doctor-patient and spouse that are protected.

In addition it was my hope that the 4th Amendment would remain intact but that ship has sailed.

A couple points. offensive speech is protected by the Constitution. and maybe Oklahoma should not be allowed to take state funds or perform as a public institution because a public institution can't rewrite the Constitution to their own preferences. I would assume if these guys would have put a giant cross or a 10 commandments somewhere there would be hell to pay.Maybe if they had chosen to burn a pile of American flags?

What I see is some offensive speech but moreover a bunch of grandstanding people raising their voices in faux outraged.

We get it folks, you're sensitive.

WSS

I hate to say this but what you say to your crazy girlfriend is public as well for purposes of this discussion.

You're an absolute fucking dolt if you think what you say to your girlfriend in the privacy of your home is public information.

Please upload all your text, emails, pictures, etc. between you and your girlfriend since you feel that information is public.

I think we should inspect all of your text, emails, pictures, and conversations and report them to your employer or school if we find anything offensive.

Stop with your pyschotic lynch mob liberal bullshit

I think we should inspect all of your text, emails, pictures, and conversations and report them to your employer or school if we find anything offensive.

Stop with your pyschotic lynch mob liberal bullshit

There you go, calling what I said "psychotic lynch mob liberal bullshit". That sure makes whatever I said sound bad, huh?

Freedom of speech is not freedom of consequence. These students didn't have their privacy violated.

The only faux outrage his is yours. In every. Single. Thread.

A couple points. offensive speech is protected by the Constitution. and maybe Oklahoma should not be allowed to take state funds or perform as a public institution because a public institution can't rewrite the Constitution to their own preferences. I would assume if these guys would have put a giant cross or a 10 commandments somewhere there would be hell to pay.Maybe if they had chosen to burn a pile of American flags?

What I see is some offensive speech but moreover a bunch of grandstanding people raising their voices in faux outraged.

We get it folks, you're sensitive.

WSS

Well, some offensive speech is legal. And these students wont have their rights violated, they won't go to jail. I don't see how them getting expelled though violates any constitutional rights. Could you expand on that?

Well, some offensive speech is legal. And these students wont have their rights violated, they won't go to jail. I don't see how them getting expelled though violates any constitutional rights. Could you expand on that?

Expand? I could but I don't see how that would make it any easier for you to understand if you can't. These assholes paid for a service in a public institution. They committed no crime and said nothing illegal. Certain people are offended. Now you are championing depriving them of that service, its benefits and the money they paid for it because the exercised their distasteful but constitutional freedom of speech.

The Supreme Court defense it as well as burning the American flag, displaying works of art depicting the Virgin Mary painted with elephant shit, Martin Luther King in womens underwear and Jesus in a bottle of piss. those things would offend many people yet noner of those artists have been punished to my knowledge.

We either have a rule of law or we don't. If we do I don't see how you can support selective persecution on the basis of race, creed or color in public businesses. WSS

Expand? I could but I don't see how that would make it any easier for you to understand if you can't. These assholes paid for a service in a public institution. They committed no crime and said nothing illegal. Certain people are offended. Now you are championing depriving them of that service, its benefits and the money they paid for it because the exercised their distasteful but constitutional freedom of speech.

The Supreme Court defense it as well as burning the American flag, displaying works of art depicting the Virgin Mary painted with elephant shit, Martin Luther King in womens underwear and Jesus in a bottle of piss. those things would offend many people yet noner of those artists have been punished to my knowledge.

We either have a rule of law or we don't. If we do I don't see how you can support selective persecution on the basis of race, creed or color in public businesses. WSS

If any of those artists has employers that felt their business would be hurt by these acts, then I'm fine with them being fired. If they were part of an organization that felt their works hurt the org, then I'd have no problem with them getting removed.

You sign papers when you go to college. Part of that is agreeing to be expelled if you violate certain policies. It's not illegal to break the honor code, but you can get kicked out of school for it.

If any of those artists has employers that felt their business would be hurt by these acts, then I'm fine with them being fired. If they were part of an organization that felt their works hurt the org, then I'd have no problem with them getting removed.

You sign papers when you go to college. Part of that is agreeing to be expelled if you violate certain policies. It's not illegal to break the honor code, but you can get kicked out of school for it.

Those artists were paid and sponsored by the National Endowment for the Arts.

WSS

Those artists were paid and sponsored by the National Endowment for the Arts.

WSS

There you go. If that group thought it hurt their image, they would have acted accordingly.

What I wanted you to expand on was how what OU did was unconstitutional? For the reason I said in my previous post, I don't think it is

Archived