THE BROWNS BOARD

Dwayne Bowe is a Brown

darren15

exactly how I see it too, TCPO......

Im not into "talent or potential", Im into proven production...and Bowe has a much more impressive and extensive history of it than Harvin does...

Also, the Browns needed a big physical receiver like Bowe, not another munchkin......Harvin just replicates Hawkins & Gabriel and we dont need yet another 5-8" burner type.....how does this add a new dimension to our corps?

And, with all the problems this team has experienced with drafting losers and head cases like JFF, Gordon and Edwards......why would we walk off that cliff again???.....especially for a guy who hasn't met his potential after 6 years in the league....????

So, I never said Harvin doesn't have talent(he might have boat loads of it).....just saying he doesn't use it enough.....and he's not the size/type/style of receiver this team was looking to add.....

Mud again I'm not disagreeing with who is a better fit for the Browns. Just saying if you are evaluating talent Harvin has more than Bowe. I just when you made the comment that Harvin was a way bigger threat to his team you were saying that his talent wasn't there, i know I shouldn't assume anything, my bad on that.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, his 500 receiving yards over the last two seasons combined sure are a ringing endorsement of his talent.

He played 1 game in 2013. Injuries are surely another issue with Percy but let's not be ignorant fans, Harvin isn't being targeted as much as a traditional WR and we he is he produces traditional yards.

You weren't responding to me.

Im sorry, my bad.....I actually thought I was.....(based upon your avatar, you 2 could be twins)

Mud again I'm not disagreeing with who is a better fit for the Browns. Just saying if you are evaluating talent Harvin has more than Bowe. I just when you made the comment that Harvin was a way bigger threat to his team you were saying that his talent wasn't there, i know I shouldn't assume anything, my bad on that.

And, to clarify, Im not debating Harvins potential or his talent.....I was simply replying to Unsypathetic(see, I got it right this time) who said Harvin would have been a better pick up for the Browns....period.

And I also was trying to protect Bowe....a little, I admit.....because there were comments like "he's terrible".....and "all he does is drop balls".....and "not run his routes"......and he would "slack off now that he has a contract".....

Which is all a bunch of fiction coming from someone who "apparently" has no clue......so I apologize for thinking it was you.....

Harvin has talent......but Im glad he's using it elsewhere....and would prefer to have Bowes "experience and maturity and professionalism"....all day every day......:)

A lot of the people shitting over signing Bowe are the same ones who were shitting over us NOT signing Revis. In my opinion, this is a much smarter football move. There was a clear deficit at WR, much more than at CB, and we signed a solid veteran who is just about the same age for a contract MUCH MUCH MUCH cheaper.

Revis, like Suh, was one of this FA season's "bright, shiny objects". He was always going to attract unwarranted desire regardless of practicality. I get that.

My reaction to Bowe is owed to some elevating him to nearly Revis/ Suh desirability. It seems to me to be a continuation of being overhyped from the time he entered the league. "Solid vet" is not a characterization with which I take issue, but he seems pricey and a poor value vs. other options.

Im sorry, my bad.....I actually thought I was.....(based upon your avatar, you 2 could be twins)

And, to clarify, Im not debating Harvins potential or his talent.....I was simply replying to Unsypathetic(see, I got it right this time) who said Harvin would have been a better pick up for the Browns....period.

And I also was trying to protect Bowe....a little, I admit.....because there were comments like "he's terrible".....and "all he does is drop balls".....and "not run his routes"......and he would "slack off now that he has a contract".....

Which is all a bunch of fiction coming from someone who "apparently" has no clue......so I apologize for thinking it was you.....

Harvin has talent......but Im glad he's using it elsewhere....and would prefer to have Bowes "experience and maturity and professionalism"....all day every day...... :)

Agreed on all counts!

Revis, like Suh, was one of this FA season's "bright, shiny objects". He was always going to attract unwarranted desire regardless of practicality. I get that.

My reaction to Bowe is owed to some elevating him to nearly Revis/ Suh desirability. It seems to me to be a continuation of being overhyped from the time he entered the league. "Solid vet" is not a characterization with which I take issue, but he seems pricey and a poor value vs. other options.

I'm with you on Bowe and would toss in Hartline. Don't hate either one, think they are solid vets, but I don't think that two possession receivers being thrown to by a below average QB really make a huge difference. I have made no bones that I'd like to see a hard nose D in Cleveland and taking a one year chance on Terrence Knighton and even a Ray Mcdonald may have been a bigger risk but a much bigger reward.

Archived