THE BROWNS BOARD

14 week old fetus

So ghettos aren't filled with criminals because we have kids roaming around with junkie parents or parents who just simply don't give a shit?

Oh they certainly are. And that isn't confined to only the ghetto but... I would say that has nothing to do with abortions. As much whining and crying as we hear from the left about conservatives wanting to stop abortion it is alive and well. It's readily available to anybody that wants one and through all sorts of programs easily affordable just like the phony birth control controversy. These teenage girls aren't squirting out pups because they can't get an abortion but because it somehow validates their miserable useless lives.

WSS

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We could all just start with a rough estimate on when we think it should be illegal, and go from there. Hell, we could all be on the same side

We'll start on the fringes. Anyone think any point after conception is illegal? Anyone think it should still be legal in the third trimester?

We could all just start with a rough estimate on when we think it should be illegal, and go from there. Hell, we could all be on the same side

We'll start on the fringes. Anyone think any point after conception is illegal? Anyone think it should still be legal in the third trimester?

There are so many forms of birth control and even plan b and that. I don't think it should be legal at all. If you need an abortion so badly you get a back alley abortion and die, no great loss.

I'll concede to professionally performed doctor ordered for medical reasons and extreme exceptions.

But if the liberals insist child murder for convenience should be acceptable I'd cut its legality after the heart starts bearing around six weeks.

Geez, should I be worried I'm on your mind so much recently?

Be worried that with every inane liberal talking point out there your name is attached to it.

But yes, I am pro choice

Case in point.

You're pro abortion.

Right Woody? Call it what it is.

Be worried that with every inane liberal talking point out there your name is attached to it.

Case in point.

You're pro abortion.

Right Woody? Call it what it is.

That's like taking someone that's pro-death penalty and calling them pro killing.

I'm pro choice. I believe the woman (and man) should have a choice. I do not want women to get abortions, I am not pro abortion. I'd rather, if they aren't in a position to support a child, never get pregnant in the first place. Increased access to birth control, education, etc will help, but it wont eliminate the issue.

I don't see why a woman and her chip should be punished because other people in this country want to make ger choice for her. They want to impose their views, even when they don't have a logical basis .

There are so many forms of birth control and even plan b and that. I don't think it should be legal at all. If you need an abortion so badly you get a back alley abortion and die, no great loss.

I'll concede to professionally performed doctor ordered for medical reasons and extreme exceptions.

But if the liberals insist child murder for convenience should be acceptable I'd cut its legality after the heart starts bearing around six weeks.

Back alley and die?

Child murder?

This seems to be a touchy subject for you.

Continuing to call it "child murder" when it isn't doesn't help your case. A fetus isn't a child.

Yes. Six weeks when the heart beats is when the gray area is done being gray for me.

In my mind it's viability - whether it could survive outside the womb, with minimal extra nursing. But that's a different conversation to 'all abortion is murder'

In my mind it's viability - whether it could survive outside the womb, with minimal extra nursing. But that's a different conversation to 'all abortion is murder'

Why is that a different conversation? if, in fact, the baby or fetus or tumor depending on your definition can survive outside the womb then why wouldn't abortion be tantamount to murder?

Does inconvenience serve as a good reason for abortion?

WSS

Why is that a different conversation? if, in fact, the baby or fetus or tumor depending on your definition can survive outside the womb then why wouldn't abortion be tantamount to murder?

Does inconvenience serve as a good reason for abortion?

WSS

I thought this was a discussion about whether abortion should be legal. Assuming it's legal, the age of the foetus (I think you misunderstand what a tumour is) becomes the question. For you, it should all be illegal. For others here it should be legal up until 6 weeks, 14 weeks, 24 weeks - that's a different conversation.

I thought this was a discussion about whether abortion should be legal. Assuming it's legal, the age of the foetus (I think you misunderstand what a tumour is) becomes the question. For you, it should all be illegal. For others here it should be legal up until 6 weeks, 14 weeks, 24 weeks - that's a different conversation.

I thought it had morphed into a conversation about when its murder and when it should be illegal. It all seemed to be part of the same conversation but ok.

WSS

Ok so then is it ok to kill special needs people who can't take care of themselves? How about old people who can't? That's ridiculous. Hell woodpecker head himself couldn't live on his own without the aid of society.

Ok so then is it ok to kill special needs people who can't take care of themselves? How about old people who can't? That's ridiculous. Hell woodpecker head himself couldn't live on his own without the aid of society.

Special needs people who can't take care of themselves, old people, people in a coma, whatever. No. A foetus that wouldn't survive outside of the womb, regardless of the amount of care? Yes.

Foetal viability, with the best available current medicine, only reaches 50% at around 24 weeks. At 6 weeks, its chance is zero. At 14 weeks it is zero. The most premature baby ever to survive was 21 weeks, according to records.

This is the difference you don't seem able to grasp between a foetus and a special needs person - one will survive with appropriate care; the other won't.

Hard to draw that line in a logical manner. since most abortion is purely from and irresponsibility coupled with inconvenience issue. So why should someone be forced to deal with the inconvenience of caring for a special needs newborn? merely from a scientific standpoint for all you anti spiritualism fellows.

WSS

Hard to draw that line in a logical manner. since most abortion is purely from and irresponsibility coupled with inconvenience issue. So why should someone be forced to deal with the inconvenience of caring for a special needs newborn? merely from a scientific standpoint for all you anti spiritualism fellows.

WSS

Draw which line in a logical manner?

Archived