THE BROWNS BOARD

Ted Nugent speaks the truth about racism - Liberals are enraged

No. That cyst was legit, and was a legit reason for the military to give

anyone who had one a deferment.

And, you confuse "draft avoidance", which is fine, and "draft dodging", which is

not fine - it's illegally refusing to comply in one fashion or another.

Not registering for a draft, not reporting, fleeing to Canada, etc.

And I was drafted in 1970, and my really bad knee even then, kept me out

of the service with that old 1Y whatever classification - "only in time of war",

duly granted to me by the military physical folks.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/limbaugh.asp

Tell the story of your bad knee to soilders who are injured in battle yet returned to the field to fight with their fellow soilders You could have assisted in some way to the war effort if you wanted. Avoid/dodge.....either way, thats getting out of the war. Im sure you were distraught having to "avoid" the jungles of Nam ? Tell the truth and shame the devil !

Tell the story of your bad knee to soilders who are injured in battle yet returned to the field to fight with their fellow soilders You could have assisted in some way to the war effort if you wanted. Avoid/dodge.....either way, thats getting out of the war. Im sure you were distraught having to "avoid" the jungles of Nam ? Tell the truth and shame the devil !

Omg.....this is funny shit!!

not to defend Cal, but if he was precluded from service he couldn't get in as a volunteer or a draftee. With the scale of the war in Vietnam, they could draft and be very discerning about who they drafted or allowed in as volunteers.

Tell the story of your bad knee to soilders who are injured in battle yet returned to the field to fight with their fellow soilders You could have assisted in some way to the war effort if you wanted. Avoid/dodge.....either way, thats getting out of the war. Im sure you were distraught having to "avoid" the jungles of Nam ? Tell the truth and shame the devil ! Emotional Knee-jerk Furious

Omg.....this is funny shit!! Emotional Knee-jerk htown

Ohhhhhhh, I KNEW you'd knee jerk over that ! :D I KNEW IT ! I KNEW IT !!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

You see, I couldn't help it, they refused to draft me because I had a reconstructed knee since the 9th grade.

And, you emotionally knee-jerking knuckleheads - that was 1970. I went to college for two years, and then

I ENLISTED in the Air Force. Mostly, because my family was facing a really long strike at Dad's work,

as in, all sorts of families lost their homes and cars etc because the strike was so bad. But I took most all

of every paycheck over the winter months, and gave it all to them. They did fine through the strike, the union couldn't help everybody enough.

I really, really wanted to go into the Navy, because Dad was in the Navy.

But I chose the AF, because, the recruiters said I would never make it through basic

in the other services. So, when I ENLISTED, I was going through the physical again, and only when it came down

to my knee, did they say they weren't going to approve me. But, I had been doing pretty good on my knee the

last few years, and told em I wasn't taking a deferment this time. That I could do it, and was going to.

And, the surgeons took a few xrays of my knee, and tried to tell me my knee wouldn't make it through

even AF basic. But once in a while, I am a tiny bit bullheaded, and the surgeons met in a group with whoever,

kept looking at me and asking questions about the surgery and the big screw in my knee.

And, becaues I warped their psyches with my Clint Eastwood steeley eyes, they let me enlist,

but they were concerned my knee would bust apart. Well, it didn't. And as our plane flew out of

Lackland AFB, Texas, I looked back and smiled...then realized I was going to be in the AF for 4 years

partly because I wanted to prove that my knee would hold up. "oi"

That's funny, but helping my family through what would have been very tough times... was more important than anything.

Btw, my knee did act up in basic, the last two weeks, pretty badly, and I was limping pretty obviously,

marching, and going up the frickin stairs,the last two weeks. Had a lot of pain when I set my heels in...

and got bronchia asthma in both lungs... but I got through it and wouldn't quit.

How that worked out ... that's another story from another time. I would never have been put in combat with my knee.

It is what it is. Knee-jerk Knuckleheads.

Archived