THE BROWNS BOARD

U.S. military 'hostile' to Christians under Obama; morale, retention devastated

OldBrownsFan

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2015/04/is_hostility_to_christianity_driving_devout_believers_out_of_the_military.html

Just another sad example of political correctness taking control over every area. The left are free thinkers as long as you think just like them. As the Christians leave the military I hate to think about what is replacing them?

The first Christians who ever witnessed to me I met in the military. I liked them but I did not understand them (I do now). They had the freedom though to share their faith back in the 70's. When the ship was out to sea they had bible studies and they were not under any pressure not to share their faith. That environment seems to be gone now.

This was backlash against the compulsory Christian services military personnel were forced to attend for years. Big article about this 5 or so years ago where military people were coming home from Iraq saying we were "forced" to attend Christian services where we were forced to read from the bible. Even had quizzes about certain sections of the bible to make sure they were reading it on their spare time. I don't know what happened to just quietly going about your own business. If people want to attend Christian services that's their business, or whatever services they want to attend...or don't want to attend.

Really? I thought the president was the commander in, oh, gee whiz, what's the word??

WSS

Do you think presidents are micro managing at this level? You think Obama gave the military an edict that thou shalt repress Christians when probably at least 80% of military personnel are Christians? Be serious for once.

Do you think presidents are micro managing at this level? You think Obama gave the military an edict that thou shalt repress Christians when probably at least 80% of military personnel are Christians? Be serious for once.

You're the guy claiming the president has got his finger on every button for every situation in the country. I'm the one who says the simpleton plays golf and let's someone else take care of the real work.

:D

WSS

You're the guy claiming the president has got his finger on every button for every situation in the country.

:D

WSS

Nope never said that. Never said the POTUS micro manages everything. But, if he delegates certain responsibilities he is responsible to an extent. Again unless I hear otherwise, like some kind of proof, I find it hard to believe that the president is sending edicts to the military about how they should worship. It's possible that some military lawyers advised the govt that the current state of almost enforcing Christianity in the military was a bad idea and would lead to trouble down the road.

Nope never said that. Never said the POTUS micro manages everything. But, if he delegates certain responsibilities he is responsible to an extent. Again unless I hear otherwise, like some kind of proof, I find it hard to believe that the president is sending edicts to the military about how they should worship. It's possible that some military lawyers advised the govt that the current state of almost enforcing Christianity in the military was a bad idea and would lead to trouble down the road.

I can feel safe in saying you never served in the military. I was in the Air Force for seven years, which is not much next to diehard, but enough to know they don't force Christianity on anyone and are inclusive of all religions.

This was backlash against the compulsory Christian services military personnel were forced to attend for years. Big article about this 5 or so years ago where military people were coming home from Iraq saying we were "forced" to attend Christian services where we were forced to read from the bible. Even had quizzes about certain sections of the bible to make sure they were reading it on their spare time. I don't know what happened to just quietly going about your own business. If people want to attend Christian services that's their business, or whatever services they want to attend...or don't want to attend.

You're full of shit as usual. I spent 22 years in and was never 'forced' to attend any religious service.

You're full of shit as usual. I spent 22 years in and was never 'forced' to attend any religious service.

Took me all of 3 seconds to land articles from 08-010 about people being punished for not attending Christian rock concerts where the entire company was told to form up and march to the event. That wasn't even the big article I read back in 04 or 05 that was written by the Times that dealt with more serious events. I'd paste the links here but this site won't let me. So you'll have to google yourself.

Took me all of 3 seconds to land articles from 08-010 about people being punished for not attending Christian rock concerts where the entire company was told to form up and march to the event. That wasn't even the big article I read back in 04 or 05 that was written by the Times that dealt with more serious events. I'd paste the links here but this site won't let me. So you'll have to google yourself.

You're full of shit. I read the articles. A few 'atheist' soldiers complained that they were forced to go to a concert. Sounds like a load of shit to me. No proof of anything again mental midget.

and the officer that provoked that complaint was in serious trouble,

because that violates the UCMJ.

The problem I had in the AF, tech school, was I got in deep do for GOING

to church retreats.

I'd told that story before. And the nutjob master sgt who provoked my solution?

Ended up in big, serious trouble. The UCMJ rules.

its more like praise and worship - and its actually very good!

but if you were talking Stryper, then well.....

Stryper, is about all I know about it, so my previous statement stands

So is that article just referencing theoretical situations and anecdotal evidence?

I also like the story about how moms and dads don't want their kids joining the military now. Lol. Like THIS is what did it...

then you must be referring to the fact that many parents think that the (-ahem) commander in chief does not have the military (their kids)

best interests at heart?

Bob Dylan for me made three of the best gospel albums back in the 80's which I still listen to. My wife and daughter however think Bob Dylan is the worst singer on the planet. :)

Another gospel album I like is from an old rock and roll singer Dion. I saw him on a Christian show once and he talked about how his mother worked two jobs and although his father was a nice guy he never worked at all. He said his father would have loved Obama.

I love Ray Charles. He was a gospel singing.

Even though he was a junkie, he sure did sing the gospel well

You're full of shit. I read the articles. A few 'atheist' soldiers complained that they were forced to go to a concert. Sounds like a load of shit to me. No proof of anything again mental midget.

lol they filed a formal complaint. You're an idiot. And they weren't all atheists either, some of the ones that filed the complaint were catholics. They just didn't want to be forced to go to a concert with major evangelical undertones. If you bothered to actually read the articles you might not come off like an idiot.

lol they filed a formal complaint. You're an idiot. And they weren't all atheists either, some of the ones that filed the complaint were catholics. They just didn't want to be forced to go to a concert with major evangelical undertones. If you bothered to actually read the articles you might not come off like an idiot.

Oh STFU pussy.

Archived