THE BROWNS BOARD

U.S. military 'hostile' to Christians under Obama; morale, retention devastated

OldBrownsFan

Took me all of 3 seconds to land articles from 08-010 about people being punished for not attending Christian rock concerts where the entire company was told to form up and march to the event. That wasn't even the big article I read back in 04 or 05 that was written by the Times that dealt with more serious events. I'd paste the links here but this site won't let me. So you'll have to google yourself.

But if you read one of those articles you would have known it was an isolated incident. It was clearly stated that it was not Army policy and being investigated, yet you're trying to sell it as something commonplace within the military.

I spent 4yrs. in the AF...never forced to attend a religious service or concert.

My kid is graduating from West Point this year, never was she force into anything religious.

You heard Cals experience in the military.

You heard Diehards testimony.

You heard Cysco's....and you expect us to take your word for it...one that never served? You got some gall man.

Here's some links for you.

Military bans Chaplains from saying "Jesus".

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/lawsuit-chaplains-banned-from-saying-jesus.html

Army punishes chaplain from using Bible verses to help those with suicidal thoughts.

http://dailysignal.com/2014/12/14/military-punishes-chaplain-for-referencing-bible-during-suicide-prevention-seminar/

Navy punishing chaplain for his beliefs.

http://patriotpost.us/posts/34186

Army removes cross..

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/army-removes-crosses-steeple-from-chapel.html

Feel better?

But if you read one of those articles you would have known it was an isolated incident. It was clearly stated that it was not Army policy and being investigated, yet you're trying to sell it as something commonplace within the military.

I spent 4yrs. in the AF...never forced to attend a religious service or concert.

My kid is graduating from West Point this year, never was she force into anything religious.

You heard Cals experience in the military.

You heard Diehards testimony.

You heard Cysco's....and you expect us to take your word for it...one that never served? You got some gall man.

Here's some links for you.

Military bans Chaplains from saying "Jesus".

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/lawsuit-chaplains-banned-from-saying-jesus.html

Army punishes chaplain from using Bible verses to help those with suicidal thoughts.

http://dailysignal.com/2014/12/14/military-punishes-chaplain-for-referencing-bible-during-suicide-prevention-seminar/

Navy punishing chaplain for his beliefs.

http://patriotpost.us/posts/34186

Army removes cross..

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/army-removes-crosses-steeple-from-chapel.html

Feel better?

well I had always been talking about the army cause that was always the culprit in every article. But yet again lord google showed me an article about the air force trying to force people into religious oaths, denying re enlistment to people unless they do so. That particular article I just read referenced Creech Air Force base in Nevada. And basically the MRFF put a stop to that. But of course this is construed as the admin's "war on Christianity" when it just basically says soldiers do not have to conform to govt imposed religiosity to re enlist.

Well, seriously, Cleve - in the military, you meet guys and gals from all over the country, all walks of life,

religions, creeds, lack thereof, etc.

If this was any kind of common occurence, it would have hit the fan a long time ago.

Some of us in the AF were badly harrassed for GOING to monthly church outings. It was ONE isolated

nutjob mastersgt. Other friends kept giving up going, until I was the last guy that was going to go to the next one.

And, I did. That's when I was threatened with getting my ass kicked and my life ruined. That's when

I solved that problem. My solution took hours of work. He put me on second shift to make SURE I would miss the

bus to the church retreat. (hey, it was coed and it was a great time)....

I ended up at the church retreat, had a wonderful time,

after repeated warnings for us to stop going because the dirtbag mstr sgt hated the "stupid God stuff", and after that weekend,

he was transferred out of our squadron to a WAF squadron, where the commander of our squadron told me

personally, that one foul word to one of those ladies over there, and he'd be out of the service on his ass.

The base IG, base chaplain, other chaplains on base, the commander (who had been out of town on leave) of

our squadron, and some other higher ups, including calls by a congressman got involved.

And, never again was anybody ever not allowed to go for no good reason. Base regs were rewritten to

reinforce that, and that was explained to all squadrons for at least that entire year, which I found out from a few

letters I received after I was stationed after leaving tech school.

One incident. I would have been all over youtube if it had existed back in the day. Trust me, the UCMJ rocks.

There is law against forcing military personnel to attend, not attend religious services on their own time.

And our weekends were our own free time.

Base commanders make their own judgements about on-duty time, etc, as long as it doesn't interfere with

military operations, etc.

I can imagine as commander turning to the chaplain and asking him or her what can be done to to raise morale. That would be the chaplain who has been forbidden to talk to the troops about Jesus.

What is going on in the military today is the inevitable result of the way the administration has trashed the military services, veterans, and the way of life veterans offered their lives to defend.

I can imagine as commander turning to the chaplain and asking him or her what can be done to to raise morale. That would be the chaplain who has been forbidden to talk to the troops about Jesus.

What is going on in the military today is the inevitable result of the way the administration has trashed the military services, veterans, and the way of life veterans offered their lives to defend.

Or, here's a thought....the military realized that forcing some sort of common religiosity on their soldiers is counterproductive and stopped doing it. And don't you dare point a finger at anyone concerning veterans affairs if you're a conservative, because those cunts have blocked EVERY single measure that would have allocated more money to Veterans. The republicans are all about current soldiers but afterwards? Too much money. They served in the military that's enough reward for them. That money now needs to go to new weapon systems or more foreign aid etc, etc. I"m not giving democrats any ez pass but for gods sake some of the most basic simpleton of measures that YOU WOULD SWEAR would be bi partisan have been blocked by the republicans because they are in oppositional defiant mode. The fucking VA should have been overhauled decades ago. The exact same complaints that are going on today went on under Reagan and they didn't do shit. Every single admin and every single house has dropped the fucking ball on veterans affairs. But if there's current problem children that blocked what would have at least been immediate short term alleviation of some of these problems...it was republicans. End of discussion.

And now, for a reprieve against the infantile emotional knee jerking above, we have

the truth of the matter:

Referring to recent budget deals that aim to bring down federal deficits, Republican Senator Jeff Sessions of Alabama said: "This bill would spend more than we agreed to spend. The ink is hardly dry and here we have another bill to raise that spending again."

and

http://www.nationaljournal.com/defense/democrats-set-trap-for-republicans-on-veterans-benefits-20140207

Just backed up everything I was saying. And that was from Feb of 2014, it's gotten even worse recently. More or less budget neutral measures can't even get passed. I'm not giving the democrats a free pass on the poisoned atmosphere that pervades DC though.

There has been way too much playing stupid games with attachments, etc....

but the dems go way bonkers with asinine association stuff put into bills to make them

objectionable, so they can say "hey, look at that ! Republicans hate "x" and voted against "x"."

it isn't what the American people put them there to do.

well, at least not most American people.

Archived