THE BROWNS BOARD

Leftovers

Solon16

Will Allen, Butler and the most underated FA left in the Market....Mike Petersen(Ilb) from Jags....Not Doubt in my mind he'd really help the Browns!

Peterson is at the end of his career. His play last year proved his downward slope. Going on 33...I'll pass. He doesn't have much left in the tank.

Will Allen, Butler and the most underated FA left in the Market....Mike Petersen(Ilb) from Jags....Not Doubt in my mind he'd really help the Browns!

I thought I read where Will Allen was going to resign with TB.

Peterson is at the end of his career. His play last year proved his downward slope. Going on 33...I'll pass. He doesn't have much left in the tank.

Whatever...two year deal in a heartbeat...very good ILB. Nasty football player, great against the run. stopgap for sure but still a good ILB!

Whatever...two year deal in a heartbeat...very good ILB. Nasty football player, great against the run. stopgap for sure but still a good ILB!

Used to be.........................................................

I'd rather see what Beau Bell can do. Were not going to contend next year and Peterson will be gone by time we do so miles well give or young guys a chance to develop

yea and they got rid of there older players like Jason taylor and Zack Thomas and played there young guys.

Again...whatever :blink: ....get on your knees now and pray DQ and BB don't get hurt. Pray BB is all that was SAID of him and has the mental capacity and can play 3 downs. Who do we have as backup??? leon williams shouldn't even be on our roster and AD is gone(thank god)! So go ahead into the season with 1 ILB 1 unknown ILB or go into the season with a pro-bowl ILB that's 33! Heartbeat!

Again...whatever :blink: ....get on your knees now and pray DQ and BB don't get hurt. Pray BB is all that was SAID of him and has the mental capacity and can play 3 downs. Who do we have as backup??? leon williams shouldn't even be on our roster and AD is gone(thank god)! So go ahead into the season with 1 ILB 1 unknown ILB or go into the season with a pro-bowl ILB that's 33! Heartbeat!

Or sign the guys from the Jets...who know Mangini...and take a LB at 5 if Curry is there...or with one of our 2nds if he isn't.

Not as big of a deal as you are trying to make it. Chances are a 33 year old LB is NOT on our radar.

I would imagine were gonna get 1 or 2 lbs in the draft along with mangini's guys from New York.

I wouldn't make roster decisions on the possibility of someone getting hurt. I dont no what peterson would cost but id be open to bringing him in for depth, but i wouldnt start him. And relax man im just telling you my opinion and im listening to yours, dont take it as a personal attack because i dont agree. Its good to be dissagreeable, thats a quality mangini looks for in his coaches. :)

Guest Aloysius

Peterson isn't a good fit for the 3-4 and was temporarily banished from the Jaguars last year for arguing with Jack Del Rio.

Pass.

Or sign the guys from the Jets...who know Mangini...and take a LB at 5 if Curry is there...or with one of our 2nds if he isn't.

Not as big of a deal as you are trying to make it. Chances are a 33 year old LB is NOT on our radar.

2 Ilb's worth a damn on roster isn't a big deal? We need a Good backup that can compete for a starting position and with the HUGE holes at Safety, depth needed at Corner, a RB, Petersen would be a terrific pickup IMO! No doubt he'd give us depth, experience, smarts and toughness at the position! Poo Poo it all you want to, I believe it would be an excellent pickup!

Peterson isn't a good fit for the 3-4 and was temporarily banished from the Jaguars last year for arguing with Jack Del Rio.

Pass.

BLAH BLAH freakin Blah with fitting into systems...He'd give us good depth and is a good Inside Linebacker. i want football players! So sick and tired of the TIRED system argument...I'll take nasty Inside linebackers all day! to me it doesn't apply to nasty ILB's They can play in any system!

BLAH BLAH freakin Blah with fitting into systems...He'd give us good depth and is a good Inside Linebacker. i want football players! So sick and tired of the TIRED system argument...I'll take nasty Inside linebackers all day! to me it doesn't apply to nasty ILB's They can play in any system!

so let's draft Raji and put him in as SILB! Great football guy...who says he needs to fit the system...and that means POSITION.

LB's either fit the system or not.

Andra Davis was a pretty damn good MLB in a 4-3....but sucked canal water as a 3-4 SILB. What makes you think this guy will be any better in a 3-4?

At 6'1" 238...he is UNDERSIZED for the SILB position. He also has NEVER played in the system...and at 33 isn't likely going to WANT to learn it. This will be his last contract...so I don't see a lot of incentive for him to try it.

Add into that the fact his run in with his HC...and he doesn't excite me in the least.

so let's draft Raji and put him in as SILB! Great football guy...who says he needs to fit the system...and that means POSITION.

LB's either fit the system or not.

Andra Davis was a pretty damn good MLB in a 4-3....but sucked canal water as a 3-4 SILB. What makes you think this guy will be any better in a 3-4?

At 6'1" 238...he is UNDERSIZED for the SILB position. He also has NEVER played in the system...and at 33 isn't likely going to WANT to learn it. This will be his last contract...so I don't see a lot of incentive for him to try it.

Add into that the fact his run in with his HC...and he doesn't excite me in the least.

I'll take nasty Inside linebackers all day! to me it doesn't apply to nasty ILB's??? At 6'1" 238...he is UNDERSIZED for the SILB position. ... What backup do we have to DQ, nearly identical to Petersen size wise???? Andra Davis was a pretty damn good MLB in a 4-3....but sucked canal water as a 3-4 SILB. OK so why did Ad go to a team starting a 3-4?

Andra Davis was a pretty damn good MLB in a 4-3....but sucked canal water as a 3-4 SILB. OK so why did Ad go to a team starting a 3-4?

I guess you haven't noticed the number of ex Browns defensive players going over there?

Guest Dacaddyman

Personally I think there are too many holes to fill on this team this year. I say draft the best players at positions that are "musts" then wory about our "needs" next year. It seems safety is a big concern now so I would go with linebackers and safties in the draft and at the tail end maybe RB or corner.

Guest Masters

Why did AD go to DEN? Come on. That is easy. First, they paid him. Second, yes they are going to a 3-4 and need LB that know how to play it. AD does know how to play it and came pretty cheap. He's a stop gap that has the experience to play the system. Still doesn't make him a better fit in the 3-4 or even a good one. But I bet DEN thinks its better to plug in a stop gap that knows the scheme well enough to play in it than a player who has never been in it.

You don't teach old dogs new tricks, and old dogs don't like to learn new tricks. That is why Petterson would be a dumb move by CLE

Why did AD go to DEN? Come on. That is easy. First, they paid him. Second, yes they are going to a 3-4 and need LB that know how to play it. AD does know how to play it and came pretty cheap. He's a stop gap that has the experience to play the system. Still doesn't make him a better fit in the 3-4 or even a good one. But I bet DEN thinks its better to plug in a stop gap that knows the scheme well enough to play in it than a player who has never been in it.

You don't teach old dogs new tricks, and old dogs don't like to learn new tricks. That is why Petterson would be a dumb move by CLE

Your Opinion....Not a dumb move at all, IN MY OPINION. Experienced backup to DQ should he get hurt...that's dumb in your opinion, fine. He is a good ILB regardless! And best LB left in free agency....hence the title of the thread.

Will Allen would be a good fit here as well! best safety left on market....we should re-sign Adams IMO as well!

Peterson played Middle LB. That is actually different than playing ILB in the 3-4 (yes both positions are inside). Different type of players fit into different roles...I'm sorry you hate the system but it defines the defense. MP is tough and I've always liked his play. However, he played poorly last year and has little upside. You MUST get past his previous pro bowl selections...they mean NOTHING. He is the player he is today. Which, is at a much lower level then a few years ago. We will bring in a solid ilb for depth and he won't be the guy. Glad you like him...he was fun to watch. He just won't be a Brown for a ton of reasons.

I'm hopeful that Adams can return. He played hard and is versatile. Funny that we've heard him making trips in FA but not a word on Sean Jones.........

Peterson played Middle LB. That is actually different than playing ILB in the 3-4 (yes both positions are inside). Different type of players fit into different roles...I'm sorry you hate the system but it defines the defense. MP is tough and I've always liked his play. However, he played poorly last year and has little upside. You MUST get past his previous pro bowl selections...they mean NOTHING. He is the player he is today. Which, is at a much lower level then a few years ago. We will bring in a solid ilb for depth and he won't be the guy. Glad you like him...he was fun to watch. He just won't be a Brown for a ton of reasons.

Don't hate the system, but if the argument is his size prohibits him playing in a 3-4 when he is identical to Dqwell Jackson...I call Bullshit. My point is if you can play as an Ilb in this league and do so at a high level and is only 33, He would be a good pickup as backup. What happens if DQ goes down? tell me one guy on the team that could fill in well?

Guest Masters
Your Opinion....Not a dumb move at all, IN MY OPINION. Experienced backup to DQ should he get hurt...that's dumb in your opinion, fine. He is a good ILB regardless! And best LB left in free agency....hence the title of the thread.

Will Allen would be a good fit here as well! best safety left on market....we should re-sign Adams IMO as well!

But he's not an experience backup in a 3-4. Guys don't just plug and play from a 4-3 into a 3-4. Not after 12 years of nothing but 4-3. You want to go grab a backup for DQ, get Barton.

CLE should certainly resign Adams and likely will.

We're going to draft and sign FA LBs. None one here thinks we'll go into the season as is...

Size aside. Peterson is NOT the player he used to be. He played quite poor last year and is known to be a loud mouth. He just doesn't fit the role we're looking to fill. Masters is right, the guy played a 4-3 for 12 straight years. Why risk signing a guy so he can switch roles as a backup when you can sign guys that are playing better football (compared to his level of play now...not his pro bowl years) and know the system already?

We're going to draft and sign FA LBs. None one here thinks we'll go into the season as is...

Size aside. Peterson is NOT the player he used to be. He played quite poor last year and is known to be a loud mouth. He just doesn't fit the role we're looking to fill. Masters is right, the guy played a 4-3 for 12 straight years. Why risk signing a guy so he can switch roles as a backup when you can sign guys that are playing better football (compared to his level of play now...not his pro bowl years) and know the system already?

Well I, unlike you, don't see his diminished skills. That about covers it. You either can play linebacker or you can't....Petersen can. I'll take experience,nastiness,smarts at ILB. especially if we can get his ass cheap!

Look James Harrison Undrafted fa, cut many times, because he didn't FIT into the size you want at 3-4 outside linebacker... the argument then becomes....he was coached up....well , coach em up! it's the same argument...you have to WANT it...I think Petersen WANTS it! Can't place a meter on heart!

Archived