THE BROWNS BOARD

Edwards for Kiwi?

So what you're saying is since Dallas made a totally Retarded trade with Detroit that all other trades will be based on those values? The whole league laughed at Dallas and their desperation even before the trade turned into a colossal failure.

That's not how it works. Sure, there is a basis to go by a lot of times, but it certainly doesn't dictate the future trade barriers. Randy Moss garnered a 4th round pick, remember?

As far as Winslow/Shockey goes, Shockey brought more value than he should have. He is oft injured and not near the player Winslow is, so technically, Winslow should have garnered more. Obviously, although Winslow is younger, his injury history and shortening career were mitigating factors, along with his contract coming up. All in all, the teams gaining the picks from both of these overrated players will make out in the long run.

The same principal holds true for Edwards. If we can get a high second and a third for example, that's a win win. If it were an actual first, there is no way we would be getting a third and a sixth with it, more like a first and a seventh or a player.

I for one would jump for joy with a first rounder and something else, and Mancock would be stupid not jumping on that IMO.

No what im saying is the going rate for a young top tier receiver is around a 1st and 3rd. What would you expect to get outta Fitzgerald or Calvin Johnson.

And Moss had all kinds of issues with him, kinda like T.O. and nobody wanted to take a chance on him thats why they only got a 4th

No what im saying is the going rate for a young top tier receiver is around a 1st and 3rd. What would you expect to get outta Fitzgerald or Calvin Johnson.

And Moss had all kinds of issues with him, kinda like T.O. and nobody wanted to take a chance on him thats why they only got a 4th

What you're forgetting is why we would trade him in the first place. The guy is not close to Fitz, and although Grossi jokingly mentioned a straight up swap for Edwards and Johnson awhile back, Edwards is not an equal value right now.

I realize you're an Edwards fan and are still clinging to his 2007 season, but the fact remains he was goddawful last year and a huge contributor to the suckage this team put forth. A claim can be made that he was first and foremost the reason the team started so terrible and along with DA basically put us too far behind to catch up. When we did try to catch up, he was right there to give the Ravens game away. Season over: kaput after that.

This is a young man's game, and Edwards has already had a full on knee reconstruction, so let's not act like he's still a spring chicken. He certainly should have gotten over the dropsies by now, and as far as "not giving up on young players" as you stated, that's one of this franchises biggest problems. Get value while you can for guys like this and move on. Right now is the time to do it and hopefully the Serial Drive Killer will be following closely behind. See ya DA and Edwards. Oh, and DA is a perfect example of what I'm talking about, he should have been moved last year at his highest value. Instead, our franchise chose to turn a blind eye to all his issues and acted like they would miraculously get resolved in the right cockpit.

I still am of the belief that Phillip's blind loyalty to DA ultimately cost him his job, and I think DA had a helluva lot to do with Edwards shitting the bed. Edwards is the kind of guy who needs a solid chemistry with his QB, and that's not possible with someone like DA.

About Moss, yes he had a few issues as always, but let's not pretend Edwards has been some kind of prince here. He obviously gave up at times last year and refused to accept blame for his shittyness. Instead he chose to try to turn it on the fans because he was from Michigan etc. Total bush league stuff, so don't think he doesn't have a diva reputation around the league. Certainly not to Moss' extent, but it's there.

What you're forgetting is why we would trade him in the first place. The guy is not close to Fitz, and although Grossi jokingly mentioned a straight up swap for Edwards and Johnson awhile back, Edwards is not an equal value right now.

I realize you're an Edwards fan and are still clinging to his 2007 season, but the fact remains he was goddawful last year and a huge contributor to the suckage this team put forth. A claim can be made that he was first and foremost the reason the team started so terrible and along with DA basically put us too far behind to catch up. When we did try to catch up, he was right there to give the Ravens game away. Season over: kaput after that.

This is a young man's game, and Edwards has already had a full on knee reconstruction, so let's not act like he's still a spring chicken. He certainly should have gotten over the dropsies by now, and as far as "not giving up on young players" as you stated, that's one of this franchises biggest problems. Get value while you can for guys like this and move on. Right now is the time to do it and hopefully the Serial Drive Killer will be following closely behind. See ya DA and Edwards. Oh, and DA is a perfect example of what I'm talking about, he should have been moved last year at his highest value. Instead, our franchise chose to turn a blind eye to all his issues and acted like they would miraculously get resolved in the right cockpit.

I still am of the belief that Phillip's blind loyalty to DA ultimately cost him his job, and I think DA had a helluva lot to do with Edwards shitting the bed. Edwards is the kind of guy who needs a solid chemistry with his QB, and that's not possible with someone like DA.

About Moss, yes he had a few issues as always, but let's not pretend Edwards has been some kind of prince here. He obviously gave up at times last year and refused to accept blame for his shittyness. Instead he chose to try to turn it on the fans because he was from Michigan etc. Total bush league stuff, so don't think he doesn't have a diva reputation around the league. Certainly not to Moss' extent, but it's there.

Im a browns fan not an Edwards fan, I just dont want to give away playmakers. If the offer is to our advantage then im all for it. And there's no way a WR can make a team suck as bad as the browns did last year, thats a team effort.

Why would you draft a WR #3 overall if your gonna give up on him and trade him for a 2nd or 3rd, thats not getting value while you can thats losing major value.

Braylon had one bad year...

Quite the contrary. He's had one good year. I'm getting tired of arguing this point.

Year - - G - - GS - - C - - Yds - - Avg. - - TDs - - Comments

2005 - - 10 - - 07 - - 32 - - 512 - - 16.0 - - 3 - - (Rookie gets the benefit of the doubt)

2006 - - 16 - - 15 - - 61 - - 884 - - 14.5 - - 6 - - (Better, but not $8m per year better)

2007 - - 16 - - 16 - - 80 - - 1,289 - 16.1 - 16 - - (That's #3 overall, $8m per year #s!)

2008 - - 16 - - 16 - - 55 - - 873 - - 15.9 - - 3 - - (Back to the same old Braylon)

I hate to give up on him, but the plethora of dropped passes and his scared eyes locked on incoming defenders instead of being locked in on the ball is too much for me to overcome.

-Al

Quite the contrary. He's had one good year. I'm getting tired of arguing this point.

Year - - G - - GS - - C - - Yds - - Avg. - - TDs - - Comments

2005 - - 10 - - 07 - - 32 - - 512 - - 16.0 - - 3 - - (Rookie gets the benefit of the doubt)

2006 - - 16 - - 15 - - 61 - - 884 - - 14.5 - - 6 - - (Better, but not $8m per year better)

2007 - - 16 - - 16 - - 80 - - 1,289 - 16.1 - 16 - - (That's #3 overall, $8m per year #s!)

2008 - - 16 - - 16 - - 55 - - 873 - - 15.9 - - 3 - - (Back to the same old Braylon)

I hate to give up on him, but the plethora of dropped passes and his scared eyes locked on incoming defenders instead of being locked in on the ball is too much for me to overcome.

-Al

Id take them first three seasons anyday from a young receiver. He improved every year dramatically except last year and now you wanna get rid of him. Like I said one bad year, at that a bad year that 75% of widereceivers in the nfl would love to have

Im a browns fan not an Edwards fan, I just dont want to give away playmakers. If the offer is to our advantage then im all for it. And there's no way a WR can make a team suck as bad as the browns did last year, thats a team effort.

Why would you draft a WR #3 overall if your gonna give up on him and trade him for a 2nd or 3rd, thats not getting value while you can thats losing major value.

I guess maybe you didn't read my lengthy posts before, but I thought I made it pretty clear where the value stood.

Who gives a shit where Edwards was originally drafted BTW? And yes, he was a huge part of this team sucking early on last year. You just said you want playmakers, well what do you call dropping every other pass? Is that being a playmaker? How about the Dallas drop? They still had a good shot in that game. He left balls laying all over the field last year, it didn't matter if they were a slant for 6 yards on third and five, a deep post for six or just a normal square in that bounced off his chest.

Playmakers.....how about guys that can catch the ball and help move the chains? Besides, he will be moving on next year or we will be forced to franchise him. What will his value be then?

You also made another point for me when you said it couldn't possibly be all Edwards' fault last year, and that's because this team has so many holes to fill. Edwards can help us fill some of those holes. If you get a 2 and 3, you take Crabtree to fill his void while stockpiling more holes in the second and third. How is that not value for a guy who simply drops every third ball thrown his way? Last year wasn't the first time he dropped balls BTW, it just reached epic proportions.

I guess in true Cleveland fashion we can all by the hype that this year he is determined and will be a better player blah blah blah until he comes out game one and drops the pass that could make or break the game. There's a cycle here with this guy just like with DA, but people want to buy the hype that everything will be fine. That's what us Cleveland fans do, but I'm trying to be proactive about it and the opportunity is now.

Wide Receiver. Let's break that down.

Wide - Meaning the player lines up wide.

Receiver - Here's the important part. It means that the player catches the ball.

1 out of 2 isn't what I call a "playmaker."

Dependability is very important to me. It's important to a QB's confidence in his WR, as well. If I can't depend on a guy to do his job, then it's time for a change. A hope and a prayer is not the best strategy for football. A QB can't throw a ball thinking, "Please, catch it. Please, catch it."

-Al

I guess maybe you didn't read my lengthy posts before, but I thought I made it pretty clear where the value stood.

Who gives a shit where Edwards was originally drafted BTW? And yes, he was a huge part of this team sucking early on last year. You just said you want playmakers, well what do you call dropping every other pass? Is that being a playmaker? How about the Dallas drop? They still had a good shot in that game. He left balls laying all over the field last year, it didn't matter if they were a slant for 6 yards on third and five, a deep post for six or just a normal square in that bounced off his chest.

Playmakers.....how about guys that can catch the ball and help move the chains? Besides, he will be moving on next year or we will be forced to franchise him. What will his value be then?

You also made another point for me when you said it couldn't possibly be all Edwards' fault last year, and that's because this team has so many holes to fill. Edwards can help us fill some of those holes. If you get a 2 and 3, you take Crabtree to fill his void while stockpiling more holes in the second and third. How is that not value for a guy who simply drops every third ball thrown his way? Last year wasn't the first time he dropped balls BTW, it just reached epic proportions.

I guess in true Cleveland fashion we can all by the hype that this year he is determined and will be a better player blah blah blah until he comes out game one and drops the pass that could make or break the game. There's a cycle here with this guy just like with DA, but people want to buy the hype that everything will be fine. That's what us Cleveland fans do, but I'm trying to be proactive about it and the opportunity is now.

Yea I said he had a bad year this year, but what about last year was that a fluke, you dont catch 16 td passes in a season on accident

getting a 2nd and 3rd is hardly filling holes, we would be very lucky to get one starter outta them picks. Id rather stick with my Pro Bowl WR then pray i hit on one of these guys in the draft

Archived