THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns 2015 Dream Draft

Frenchie

With players moving up and down the board, what's your draft dream scenario (with some fantasy/realism mixed in). So without trades, would you prefer Mariota/Winston, or Cooper/White/Parker, or Fowler/Beasley if one of them were to fall to us at 12 . I would "dream" Mariota. Then, Shelton at 19 (I can't see Scherff fall that far). Erving might be tempting if Mack is gone next year but we need a NT. Maxx (TE) won't fall to the third round so I would pick him in the second, but Strong or Beckmann-Green could fall to the third.

So my dream draft: Mariota, Shelton, Maxx, Strong. (And I don't know enough to go beyond our first four picks LOL.) Your turn!

Beckman-Green whatever his name is... I wouldn't draft him for the Browns

if he came in the 7th round and a dowry of a thousand longhorns and 20 acres

of prime hunting and fishing land in Alaska.

Beckman-Green whatever his name is... I wouldn't draft him for the Browns

if he came in the 7th round and a dowry of a thousand longhorns and 20 acres

of prime hunting and fishing land in Alaska.

But you haven't offered your dream draft - so what's your best case scenario?

12th Pick : Malcom Brown, DT Texas

19th Pick : Eli Harold, OLB Virginia

43rd Pick : Jake Fisher, OT Oregon

77th Pick : Paul Dawson, ILB TCU

111th Pick : Nick O'Leary, TE Florida State

115th Pick : BJ Finney, C Kansas State

147th Pick : Dezmin Lewis, WR Central Arkansas

188th Pick : Adrian Amos, S Penn State

201th Pick : Bryan Bennett, QB Southeastern Louisiana

229th Pick : Terry Williams, DT East Carolina

I would pay for this

12th Pick : Malcom Brown, DT Texas

19th Pick : Eli Harold, OLB Virginia

43rd Pick : Jake Fisher, OT Oregon

77th Pick : Paul Dawson, ILB TCU

111th Pick : Nick O'Leary, TE Florida State

115th Pick : BJ Finney, C Kansas State

147th Pick : Dezmin Lewis, WR Central Arkansas

188th Pick : Adrian Amos, S Penn State

201th Pick : Bryan Bennett, QB Southeastern Louisiana

229th Pick : Terry Williams, DT East Carolina

I would pay for this

I don't recognize any name except Brown, who could be there at 19 (especially in a fantasy draft. Don't you want someone at 19 that somehow falls, like Mariota?

Shelton falling to 19 is a dream, rolling the dice if he makes it to 12. No way we should give up pick 12 with the talent at that pick. If pick 19 can somehow land us White or Cooper moving up what else are we giving up??? White and Shelton would be one hell of a First Round IMO..

But you haven't offered your dream draft - so what's your best case scenario? Frenchie

My best case scenario, is considering White is gone, I'd go with
Shelton. Have got to stop the run.
1st Round
12 Shelton.
19 La'el Collins (can play either OT or OG. Great addition, sure thing player.)
2nd Round
Eli Harold, 3-4 OLB, Virginia (Fast, quick, instinctive lb...hope he would be there)
3rd round
Anthony Harris, SS/FS, Virginia 6-1, 183, 4.59 (versatile . Solid)
4th Round
4th A. JEFF HEUERMAN, TE, Ohio State (faster than I ever gave him credit for, a **football player**
4th B. TYRELL WILLIAMS
Big Reach?
Nah, I think the Browns hit the bigtime with this kid.
School: Western Oregon (Division II)
Position: Wide receiver
Height: 6-foot-3, 204, 4.42 40, 39.5" vertical
5th Round
Tre MCBRIDE, WR, WILLAIM AND MARY 6' 210 4.41
6th Round
A. Justin Manton, PK, Louisiana Munroe
B. ?

But that is what Eli Harold is, unless you are talking about

a DE, which is tempting. I just think that going with Taylor and Kitchen, however it's spelled, lol,

that an injury to Taylor means disaster again.

Sometimes I think they could draft Shelton at 12, then Erik Armstead, DE, at 19.

That would rock, except you have to find a solid, versatile OG/OT later, as well as

an OLB later...

this draft is so complicated. who knows. I sure don't.

But that is what Eli Harold is, unless you are talking about

a DE, which is tempting. I just think that going with Taylor and Kitchen, however it's spelled, lol,

that an injury to Taylor means disaster again.

Sometimes I think they could draft Shelton at 12, then Erik Armstead, DE, at 19.

That would rock, except you have to find a solid, versatile OG/OT later, as well as

an OLB later...

this draft is so complicated. who knows. I sure don't.

Sorry, I completely missed that guy - probably because it was a name I didn't recognise :blush:

So, Frenchie, what do you think? This mock is the best I can muster.

This draft is going to be crazy.

I like Shelton, the TE (go buckeyes!) and two WR's (I can see that happening). I'm surprised by Collins and Harris in a dream draft. I think we would dream better with a NT and #1 WR in a dream first round. My fear is that NT Shelton is gone by 12 and Brown by 19. We might have to go Parker and best available NT, OLB, or OL.

Going NT/OL in the first round doesn't feel right to me - your draft doesn't really deal with our lack of outside pass rushers, something I think will be addressed early in the draft.

NT is probably a high probability in the first round. I agree that OL is a luxury given our current roster and the depth of this draft. You are right that OLB needs to be addressed early, so if not in the first round, it's a second round must!

So, if it's a dream draft, then my dream includes JFF or McCown playing well......here goes nothing....

1-A - Vic Beasley - OLB (opt 2 Alvin Dupree-DE/OLB)

1-B - Danny Shelton - DL (opt 2 Malcolm Brown-DL)

2 - Cameron Erving - OL (opt 2 Breshard Perriman-WR)

3 - Sammy Coates - WR (opt 2 Denzel Perriman-OLB)

4-A - Cody Prewitt - FS/SS (opt 2 Arie Kouandijo-OG)

4-B - Jeff Heuerman - TE (opt 2 Justin Hardy-WR)

5 - Gerod Holliman - SS (opt 2 Chris Conley-WR)

6-A - Justin Manton - K (opt 2 Tyler Varga-FB)

6-B - Jordan Richards - SS (opt 2 Tony Lippett-wr)

7 - BPA

That is what is tough about mocks. Mud,

I'm not big on Prewitt much, but Holliman - wasted pick, I wouldn't

even sign him as an UFA.

That's how I ended up picking Harris in the third round - a very weak draft for safeties, but I

really like Harris., and I think he's gone somewhere in the late third round and is the last

of the safeties I'd draft, so...I had to grab him early.

I like both of your second round options, but I figured they would both be gone, realistically.

And Sammie Coates would be a great fit, I don't know how soft his hands are... but my mock

kept going one way and then another, and usually I couldn't fit Sammie in until he was already

supposed to be gone - which I think is by the end of round 2.

That is what is tough about mocks. Mud,

I'm not big on Prewitt much, but Holliman - wasted pick, I wouldn't

even sign him as an UFA.

That's how I ended up picking Harris in the third round - a very weak draft for safeties, but I

really like Harris., and I think he's gone somewhere in the late third round and is the last

of the safeties I'd draft, so...I had to grab him early.

I like both of your second round options, but I figured they would both be gone, realistically.

And Sammie Coates would be a great fit, I don't know how soft his hands are... but my mock

kept going one way and then another, and usually I couldn't fit Sammie in until he was already

supposed to be gone - which I think is by the end of round 2.

Yeah...Im not that high on Holliman either....I just have this nervous twitch about getting some safeties this year.....

Gotta say...it's really hard to mock when no one else is taking players off the board.....dont know whos gonna be there or not, but def tried to keep it real on who might......

About Collins - he is a solid upgrade at OG and ROT, with the ability

to flip to the LT postion if he needed to, he could step in at LOG and Bitonio

could move to LT if that is really an option.... Those guys don't grow on trees -

and the Browns need him insurance wise in case Joe Thomas GOD FOREBID,

gets malaria or something and has to sit out a while....

"they say" that Collins is one of the safest picks in the first round.

I really like Cameron Irving, but I would be surprised if he is still there

at the middle of round two. No way he gets to the third round, I think.

I see a lot of defenseive picks. I guess I'm the only one that thinks 3 and outs on this team are a problem.

It really boils down to the team & coaches philosophy....which is defense.....

And both Pettine and Farmer have publicly stated(recently) that they are focused on building a dominant defense and will approach this draft with that goal in mind.....

And the reality is that our run defense was clearly our achilles heel this past season. The O moved the ball really well and we were a top scoring scoring team...until our QB forgot how to play.......

So, yeah....3 and outs were an issue....but QB seems to be the reason.....and thats just 1 pick(if there is even one they like)....

It really boils down to the team & coaches philosophy....which is defense.....

And both Pettine and Farmer have publicly stated(recently) that they are focused on building a dominant defense and will approach this draft with that goal in mind.....

And the reality is that our run defense was clearly our achilles heel this past season. The O moved the ball really well and we were a top scoring scoring team...until our QB forgot how to play.......

So, yeah....3 and outs were an issue....but QB seems to be the reason.....and thats just 1 pick(if there is even one they like)....

QB play deteriorated after our run game deteriorated after our O-line couldn't cope with Mack's injury. The PAP which was working so well early in the season faltered, and teams challenged us to beat them in the air, which we couldn't. So, either new QB and/or more consistent run game.

I kind of chalk that up to Mack getting hurt......which(I assume) will be corrected with his return and the development of some backup players like Bowe(for example).....and possibly, a middling pick for G/C......

But, in terms of this discussion and the draft "going offense".....dont see it.....not one bit......

I agree - like you said, our O was doing what it needed to to win games until our run game ground to a halt. People still respected it for a few games after Mack's injury, but once we stopped going over 140 ypg, they zoned in on our QB, which didn't hold up.

Mack doesn't get injured, or we have competent backups that don't cause such a huge dropoff, and we're in much better shape.

Personally, I'm thinking, if it aligns with BPA, I'd look at going OLB and either NT/WR in the first round. Then look at picking up an extra 2 with our excess of picks, and get either NT/WR and OL in the second.

Just my 2c.

I was arguing with myself about my last mock above. Would the Browns draft one of the top

three wr's...say, Parker, then hope Shelton was there at 19? Or, might they nab Parker,

or one of those top 3 wrs.... and nab Collins, if they knew a NT they would reach for later?

Then another wr later, and all the rest defense?

But I finally decided that

A. The Browns signed some nice veteran free agents at wr.

B. They must stop the run, and I don't see a NT that would be

anywhere near a Shelton.

C. The Browns want a dominant defense.

D. I think the key in this division, is to dominate the los on both sides of the ball.

So, I really, really like the two wr sleepers I "drafted", although obviously they won't step in

NFL ready like Devante Parker. So, I went with Shelton and Collins. The other question was,

would Eli even be there? My second choice was Stephone Anthony instead of Harold at olb.

My favorite olb in this draft is Dupree, who will go in the top 15 or 20 picks. Beasely runs second to him, imhso.

I hope Dupree doesn't fall to the squealers, or I hope Canton Mike doesn't mind me needing a barf bag with me to hang

out at his man cave during the draft..... B)

Personally, I'm thinking, if it aligns with BPA, I'd look at going OLB and either NT/WR in the first round. Then look at picking up an extra 2 with our excess of picks, and get either NT/WR and OL in the second. Chris

I think that is a solid thought - The second round seems like a real solid quality of

players to nab. Wouldn't be surprised at all. We'll see.

Archived