THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns 2015 Dream Draft

Frenchie

One thing I'm thinking about maybe is if it's Winston-Mariota 1-2, look at trading up to get Leonard Williams, as someone who could be a truly disruptive force and help in both run and pass D. Probably would cost too much though.

How about Brandon Scherff

Overrated... So athletic of an OT that everyone projects him as an OG at the next level.

I was arguing with myself about my last mock above. Would the Browns draft one of the top three wr's...say, Parker, then hope Shelton was there at 19? Or, might they nab Parker, or one of those top 3 wrs.... and nab Collins, if they knew a NT they would reach for later? Then another wr later, and all the rest defense? But I finally decided that

A. The Browns signed some nice veteran free agents at wr.

B. They must stop the run, and I don't see a NT that would be

anywhere near a Shelton.

C. The Browns want a dominant defense.

D. I think the key in this division, is to dominate the los on both sides of the ball.

So, I really, really like the two wr sleepers I "drafted", although obviously they won't step in

NFL ready like Devante Parker. So, I went with Shelton and Collins. The other question was,

would Eli even be there? My second choice was Stephone Anthony instead of Harold at olb.

My favorite olb in this draft is Dupree, who will go in the top 15 or 20 picks. Beasely runs second to him, imhso.

Love the analysis that gets you to Shelton at 12, but not the Collins pick. You're spending a high pick on a guy you end up moving inside in most of your scenarios. Better IMO to draft an inside guy in Rnd 2 or 3.

I like Dupree, but not at 12. Should he fall to 19, I'd gladly nab him, but if not...

Yesterday Todd McShay labeled ILB, Eric Kendricks as the "best cover LB in the draft". That's a premium talent in Pet's scheme and settled me on a plyer that I've liked for a while. I think he's a bit early at 19, so I'd look to trade down a little, but if I can't get a trade down into the mid-20's, then I take him. This allows Robertson or Kirksey to move back outside. I think Craig has 3-down potential outside, but can share time with Mingo until we see what he brings to 2016.

Anyway here's my "dream"...

1.12 - Shelton NT

1.19 - Trade to mid-20's gaining mid-20's second

1.mid-20 - Eric Kendricks, ILB, UCLA

2.11 - Ali Marpet, OG, Hobart - He'd push Greco hard for RG. Could push John all the way to starting RT.

2.mid-20 - Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor - My 2015, "ya gotta keep looking" shot... I like his chances.

3.13 - Reese Dismukes, C, Auburn - tape really reminded me of Mack, will need to get stronger at next level.

4.12 - Henry Anderson, DE - if there, I just can't pass on him. Too much value in this true, 3-4 DE.

4.16 - Jeff Heuerman, TE or Justin Hardy, WR, ECU - going "or" as I feel we're "set" at least at one position.

5.11 - Craig Mager CB/SS - hitter out of Texas State with good size, speed and agility

6.13 - Justin Manton, K, LA-Monroe - can't see standing pat at this position.

6.26 - Matt Jones, RB, Florida - I see him as a potential FB convert.

7.12 - BPA

Fire away...

Love the analysis that gets you to Shelton at 12, but not the Collins pick. You're spending a high pick on a guy you end up moving inside in most of your scenarios. Better IMO to draft an inside guy in Rnd 2 or 3. Tour

Got it, but in my mind, I see Collins as versatile, to probably start at RT, and the other options are based on

possible injuries during the season. I took him as having more than inside guy ability, or yeah, that's way too high

for an inside guy.

I think Kendricks is excellent - Eli Harold has a slightly better grade, Stephone Anthony, not so much a great pick, imho.

So, I went with Harold, who might not even make it to the Browns in the second round, same thing for Kendricks.

I just know what I read, a bit of video, and that limits my stupid opinions.....,

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/eli-harold?id=2552494

1.12 - Shelton NT

A++
1.19 - Trade to mid-20's gaining mid-20's second
1.mid-20 - Eric Kendricks, ILB, UCLA

Tour, I'm fine with Kendricks, but given the choice, how do you eval Kendricks vs Harold?

Harold has a bit higher grade on NFL.com...

2.11 - Ali Marpet, OG, Hobart - He'd push Greco hard for RG. Could push John all the way to starting RT.

Love this guy, but I decided to go with Collins because he could start at RT... don't know if Marpet could.

2.mid-20 - Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor - My 2015, "ya gotta keep looking" shot... I like his chances.

He could end up being a great pick later on, I liked Grayson to be more NFL ready, but Petty has

a higher long term upside they say.. I finally got po'd and forgot about qbs.

3.13 - Reese Dismukes, C, Auburn - tape really reminded me of Mack, will need to get stronger at next level.

A** I never thought to draft a center.
4.12 - Henry Anderson, DE - if there, I just can't pass on him. Too much value in this true, 3-4 DE.

A
4.16 - Jeff Heuerman, TE or Justin Hardy, WR, ECU - going "or" as I feel we're "set" at least at one position.

A**
5.11 - Craig Mager CB/SS - hitter out of Texas State with good size, speed and agility

?
6.13 - Justin Manton, K, LA-Monroe - can't see standing pat at this position.

A**
6.26 - Matt Jones, RB, Florida - I see him as a potential FB convert.

Tour, I'm fine with Kendricks, but given the choice, how do you eval Kendricks vs Harold?

Harold has a bit higher grade on NFL.com...

I look at Harold as the edge rusher you settle for and Kendricks as the ILB you want. For me it's about stopping the run and Shelton/ Kendricks looks more promising than Shelton/ Harold.

Love this guy, but I decided to go with Collins because he could start at RT... don't know if Marpet could.

I doubt Marpet could, but while I think Greco could I do not think he has to... Schwartz is adequate. If I thought Collins was the long-term replacement for Thomas, I could justify the pick, but I don't so I can't.

He could end up being a great pick later on, I liked Grayson to be more NFL ready, but Petty has a higher long term upside they say.. I finally got po'd and forgot about qbs.

Later is better, but I don't mind reaching for a QB... especially with a non-existent pick...

A** I never thought to draft a center.

It's almost a luxury after drafting an OG, but I really liked this guy's tape.

Archived