THE BROWNS BOARD

2009 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em Contest

WVBrownsfan

I never said any of the big, bad (flat out terrible) o-linemen were "mad" at poor Ben Ben, I'm saying the dumb Steeler fans were mad at the offensive line and calling them flat out terrible while they helped erratic Ben and gimpy Parker to the Super Bowl

Quinn tore up a finger, tried to play with it, and finally the team sat him down. He didn't cry, wince, look for the camera, beg the coach, writhe in pain, or give a big juicy "thumbs up" like your drama queen would have ... and has.

I will say this about Ben though ... after seeing his sister play for the Lady Sooners ... remarkabley, he may have actually gotten the looks in the family.

20081028_roethlisberger2.jpg

Zombo

--But she got the toughness.

The line deserved credit when they earned it. They certainly earned it at the end of the season and playoffs when they had enough time to play together. At times earlier in the season, they just couldn't get it together.

"Quinn tore up a finger, tried to play with it".... Thats my point. Quinn couldn't handle an injured pinky and Ben had one of the best QB Super Bowl perfromances of all-time (in the sense that he was able to make big plays and get it done in the face of pressure) with fractured ribs. He didn't mention it leading up to the game and didn't even tell coaches. (They found out when they seen the x-rays) You think he is a drama queen but he hardly mentioned his broken ribs. When asked about it, that theres nothing that can been done and he has to play through the pain.

Bens lays motionless on the field. 65,000 thousand people watch live and the rest of the nation watch and hope he is okay. (Well, I have a feeling you weren't wishing he was okay) He wasn't seriously injured (as in near death or paralyzed) and he gave a thumbs up to show he was going to be okay. Why are you so mad at this action? He suffered a spinal cord concussion and came back to play the nest game. Quinn hurt his finger and missed a whole season.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ben had one of the best QB Super Bowl perfromances of all-time

No he didn't.

See, that's what is so gay about Steeler fans: It's all about Ben's drama, Hines smile, Troy's hair, and waving towels. You are shallow football fans.

In Cleveland, the story would be how the much-maligned offensive line regrouped itself, in spite of injury and free agent loss, pulled itself together, and despite being sometimes undermanned, persevered and rose to greatness and became champions.

In Pittsburgh it's all about how courageous Big Ben was to make it through the season behind that line, and how he had one of the "all-time greatest SB performances ever" (was he even MVP?) as he courageously played behind that terrible line with broken ribs caused by the terrible o-line breaking down on him time after time.

Not only is Big Ben a drama queen, but he is a product of Steeler fans, the biggest drama-loving fems out there.

In Cleveland the most popular player is the left tackle. We admire toughness and real football players. We respect how the game is won in the trenches.

In Pittsburgh, you win six Super Bowls, all because of defense, and all you want to talk about is your unspectacular quarterback and his well-publicized boo boos. It's a crying shame.

Ben lays motionless on the field. 65,000 thousand people watch live and the rest of the nation watch and hope he is okay...and he gave a thumbs up to show he was going to be okay ... and came back to play the nest game.

There you go again with the drama. In Cleveland the story would be: "Browns shutout steelers. Defense is #1 in NFL. Oh, and the QB got injured, but he'll be ok."

In Pittsburgh: "(cue smarmy music) Ben lays motionless ... a nation watches hoping he is ok ... he gives a thumbs up!! He's OK!!! ... and somehow, someway , he recovers from the minor concussion to play in two weeks. The nation needed a hero ... and Bennifer stepped up ... despite a worthless offensive line (more smarmy music)... long live Ben! Long live Ben!"

Zombo

No he didn't.

See, that's what is so gay about Steeler fans: It's all about Ben's drama, Hines smile, Troy's hair, and waving towels. You are shallow football fans.

In Cleveland, the story would be how the much-maligned offensive line regrouped itself, in spite of injury and free agent loss, pulled itself together, and despite being sometimes undermanned, persevered and rose to greatness and became champions.

In Pittsburgh it's all about how courageous Big Gay Ben was to make it through the season behind that line, and how he had one of the "all-time greatest SB performances ever" (was he even MVP?) as he courageously played behind that terrible line with broken ribs caused by the terrible o-line breaking down on him time after time.

Not only is Big Gay Ben a drama queen, but he is a product of Steeler fans, the biggest drama-loving fems out there.

In Cleveland the most popular player is the left tackle. We admire toughness and real football players. We respect how the game is won in the trenches.

In Pittsburgh, you win six Super Bowls, all because of defense, and all you want to talk about is your unspectacular quarterback and his well-publicized boo boos. It's a crying shame.

There you go again with the drama. In Cleveland the story would be: "Browns shutout steelers. Defense is #1 in NFL. Oh, and the QB got injured, but he'll be ok."

In Pittsburgh: "(cue smarmy music) Ben lays motionless ... a nation watches hoping he is ok ... he gives a thumbs up!! He's OK!!! ... and somehow, someway , he recovers from the minor concussion to play in two weeks. The nation needed a hero ... and Bennifer stepped up ... despite a worthless offensive line (more smarmy music)... long live Ben! Long live Ben!"

Zombo

Ha! I don't know where you got your quote from but I actually said this "...Ben had one of the best QB Super Bowl perfromances of all-time (in the sense that he was able to make big plays and get it done in the face of pressure) with fractured ribs". (why would you make up you own quote and claim I said it?) You can't name another qb who won the Super Bowl in such a dramatic fashion with such a great performance. Especially when you take into to account his busted ribs. Do you want to know why in Pittsburgh Ben, Hines, and Heath are some of the more admired players? THEY ARE TOUGH!

"In Cleveland, the story would be how the much-maligned offensive line regrouped itself, in spite of injury and free agent loss, pulled itself together, and despite being sometimes undermanned, persevered and rose to greatness and became champions."

We wouldn't have tried to blame FA losses or injuries (despite having quiet a few at both) both other than that this IS how Steeler Nation is reacting to the win. No one talks to you about it becuase you are too busy just attacking the players and fans with complete nonsese.

"well-publicized boo boos."

Like him not even mentioning he was about to play in the Supewr Bowl with broken ribs until the media kept asking questions concerning it. Yeah, "well-publicized".....

Its funny how you try to discredit our Super Bowl winning qbs and act like we always rely on defense.....It sounds like you don't know that Bradshaw made the HOF and it sound like you don't know Ben is probably just a probowl bowl season away from locking up a spot in the HOF. Everytime you think of your qb situation, just remember YOu COULD OF HAD BEN ISTEAD OF THAT TE YOU JUST TRADED AWAY! Of course, for whatever reason, you will deny wanting him, but its clear jealousy.

'There you go again with the drama. In Cleveland the story would be: "Browns shutout steelers. Defense is #1 in NFL. Oh, and the QB got injured, but he'll be ok."'

Now thats just funny becuase its was you who accused Steeler fans of being classless when they cheered after the AFC Championship game becuase Willis McGahee got hurt a few minutes early. It might even have been you who accused the fans at the game (and me) of actually hoping he dies....

"Browns shutout steelers. Defense is #1 in NFL. Oh, and the QB got injured, but he'll be ok."

I don't know where you were but thats how Steeler fans did react to the game...... With the except of shutting out the Browns becuase thats expected.

What do you want people to do when they see womeone laying motionless on the field? Cheer? Wouldn't surprise me if you were....

By "Minor concusion" I hope you meant "spinal cord concusion"...... Just remember, concusions are a more serious injury than a sore pinky.

I notice you continually attack Steelers fans and acted as if they are inferrior to you. Just remember this http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview08/co...tory?id=3530077

I notice you continually attack Steelers fans and acted as if they are inferrior to you. Just remember this http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview08/co...tory?id=3530077

yeah espn also said a few years ago that vince young and reggie bush had great pro potential. you're such a waste of life. these poles mean nothing. we know we are the best fans in football and possibly all of sports. however since you love online opinion poles by "experts", here you go:

http://www.bizjournals.com/specials/pages/33.html#l

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/59119-t...bases-in-sports

where is pittsburgh? oh that's right they only like baseball when the pirates are good... so they never like baseball.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14686579/

I actually said this "...Ben had one of the best QB Super Bowl perfromances of all-time ... You can't name another qb who won the Super Bowl in such a dramatic fashion with such a great performance.

Boy ... how DO you top Ben's 1 TD / 1 INT performace to edge a 9-7 team by four points, when you are favored by over a TD and you need a 100 yd return by your defense on the last play of the half to even be in the game? Where do I go to top that ??

HOW BOUT ALL THE WAY BACK TO 2008. When Eli Manning led his team down the field to score a touchdown and beat what was being considered the greatest team of all time???

Ever hear of Montana? Namath? Doug Williams ring a bell?

Here are Big Ben's Big Bad Super Bowl stats from his two appearances

9-21-123-0-2

21-30-256-1-1

30-51-379-1TD-3INT

Rating: 64.1

Wow. Move over Montana! Step aside Brady!

Are you starting to see how gay you are about Big Ben? At all?

I notice you continually attack Steelers fans and acted as if they are inferrior to you.

It's not an act.

Zombo

Guest ATENEARS

Where do I go to top that ??

HOW BOUT ALL THE WAY BACK TO 2008. When Eli Manning led his team down the field to score a touchdown and beat what was being considered the greatest team of all time???

Wow, someone's got to step in and stop this bout, Silverback has been beaten to a bloody pulp.

Silverback, just show us a 'thumbs-up' and let us know that your still alive.

large_roethlisberger_concussion.jpg

yeah espn also said a few years ago that vince young and reggie bush had great pro potential. you're such a waste of life. these poles mean nothing. we know we are the best fans in football and possibly all of sports. however since you love online opinion poles by "experts", here you go:

http://www.bizjournals.com/specials/pages/33.html#l

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/59119-t...bases-in-sports

where is pittsburgh? oh that's right they only like baseball when the pirates are good... so they never like baseball.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14686579/

Except not a single soucre you gave compares to what an actual sports network has done. I have no clue where you get what I showed you was an "opinion pole". No opinion was used to determine the Steeler fans base was superior to the Browns.

Boy ... how DO you top Ben's 1 TD / 1 INT performace to edge a 9-7 team by four points, when you are favored by over a TD and you need a 100 yd return by your defense on the last play of the half to even be in the game? Where do I go to top that ??

Ever hear of Montana? Namath? Doug Williams ring a bell?

Here are Big Gay Ben's Big Bad Super Bowl stats from his two appearances

9-21-123-0-2

21-30-256-1-1

30-51-379-1TD-3INT

Rating: 64.1

Wow. Move over Montana! Step aside Brady!

Are you starting to see how gay you are about Big Gay Ben? At all?

It's not an act.

Zombo

Nice of you to randomly bring up Super Bowl XL becuase I didn't mention it. Although thanks for reminding me we also won that Super Bowl.

Lets take a closer look at the three SUper Bowl game winning touchdown thrown with 35 second or less in the game.

Two of the passes the qb had a bunch of time in the pocket and had a wide open reciever. The last pass the qb had to scramble like crazy and threw to a tripled covered reciever in the corner of the endzone. The last touchdown described has been considered the best td pass in the Super Bowl and one of the best catches of all-time.

Its funny you mention "gay" and a qb in the same sentence. Reminds me of Quinn and that little boy......

The last pass the qb had to scramble like crazy and threw to a tripled covered reciever in the corner of the endzone. ...and one of the best catches of all-time.

That's right, your Dumbass QB threw into triple coverage, but your receiver made a great catch. In fact, he was named MVP ... yet I haven't heard his name from you yet.

It's all "Ben, Ben, Ben..."

Nobody blocked on that play, nobody showed outstanding balance making the catch, nobody returned an interception 100 yards to make it possible in the first place ... it was all Big Drama Queen throwing into triple coverage and pulling a horseshoe out of his ass once again.

Typical dumbass, bandwagon, football-illiterate, toothless hick Steeler fem.

Go ahead and spew some more silver on Big Ben's back ... he certainly deserves it, doesn't he?

Zombo

That photo remind me of something. The "One for the Thumb" Ben got us!

you still fail to realize that your superbowls mean nothing to us. they are meaningless. we do not envy you in the least bit because we all know how much you guys have to cheat in order to win. it's not just the steelers though. we don't envy any superbowls wins by any team. they mean nothing to us just liek you and all the other steeler morons.

N.C. over Mich. State - Beanpot & Tupa (155 pts.)

Mich. State over N.C. - Beanpot & Tupa (123 pts.)

Mich. State over Villanova - Beanpot & Tupa (107 pts.)

Villanova over Mich. State - Beanpot & Tupa (107 pts.)

*The tiebreaker is the score of the final game (Beanpot 84 - 79 & Tupa 78 - 69)

I'm out.

Looks like these two will tie, it all comes down to final score. (damn that beanpot! ... he is the Newman to my Seinfeld)

My same bracket is still alive in other contests I entered, so kudos to these guys ... good job.

three out four ain't bad ... but it wasn't good enough this year.

Zombo

(go Tupa!)

Yep, and then there were 2 - Beanpot & Tupa for the title. It doesn't matter which team wins, it all depends on the final score in Monday's game.

Yep, and then there were 2 - Beanpot & Tupa for the title. It doesn't matter which team wins, it all depends on the final score in Monday's game.

Crap ... Beanie won again, didn't he?

Zombo

--he gets so smug with all of his trophies

Congrats to Beanpot on his victory in this years Bracket Challenge with the tiebreaker and also hats off to Tupa for being oh so close. Here are the final standings.

Rank Bracket 1 2 3 4 Semis Finals Points Possible Pts

1 Beanpot 21 26 20 24 32 32 (North Carolina) 155 155

2 Tupa 19 20 20 32 32 32 (North Carolina) 155 155

3 Lambdo's bracket 21 28 20 16 32 32 (North Carolina) 149 149

4 Zombo 22 26 20 24 16 32 (North Carolina) 140 140

5 CIMO 25 24 24 16 16 32 (North Carolina) 137 137

6 nmills 24 22 24 16 16 32 (North Carolina) 134 134

7 GREENville Mayhem 21 20 20 16 16 32 (North Carolina) 125 125

8 We Need Old Man Holt!!! 23 22 20 8 16 32 (North Carolina) 121 121

9 Mercer95630 20 24 20 8 16 32 (North Carolina) 120 120

10 EERSandBROWNS 23 24 24 16 16 0 (Louisville) 103 103

11 Silverbackdpoy 24 26 28 24 0 0 (Pittsburgh) 102 102

12 lostinkorea 24 26 20 16 16 0 (West Virginia) 102 102

13 Mark O 22 24 16 16 16 0 (Memphis) 94 94

14 Dency's Winners 26 24 20 8 16 0 (Louisville) 94 94

15 WVBrownsfan * 23 24 20 8 16 0 (Louisville) 91 91

16 brownsfan72116 25 26 24 16 0 0 (Connecticut) 91 91

17 The Hammer 20 20 16 16 16 0 (Memphis) 88 88

18 DG 22 26 20 16 0 0 (Connecticut) 84 84

19 BrownsFanForLife 25 30 20 8 0 0 (Pittsburgh) 83 83

20 ATENEARS 23 18 16 8 16 0 (Memphis) 81 81

21 etensietbeingdeadasrecotmu 19 26 28 8 0 0 (Memphis) 81 81

22 ClevelandFanForLife 24 22 24 8 0 0 (Louisville) 78 78

23 Lumbergh 23 24 20 8 0 0 (Louisville) 75 75

24 ballpeen 19 26 20 8 0 0 (Pittsburgh) 73 73

25 JohnG's Bracket 26 30 16 0 0 0 (Louisville) 72 72

26 Tinks- Picks 20 28 16 8 0 0 (Memphis) 72 72

27 mz the pussy's Orange Bracket 24 26 20 0 0 0 (Syracuse) 70 70

28 Pitty the Fools 20 16 8 8 16 0 (Ohio St.) 68 68

29 Mr. Freeze 26 24 16 0 0 0 (Oklahoma) 66 66

30 Browns57 22 20 24 0 0 0 (Pittsburgh) 66 66

31 Mole's Bracket 24 22 20 0 0 0 (Memphis) 66 66

32 Furnier 20 14 12 16 0 0 (West Virginia) 62 62

33 Boner In Sweatpants 22 18 12 8 0 0 (Pittsburgh) 60 60

34 VaporTrail Go Dayton Flyers 23 22 12 0 0 0 (Louisville) 57 57

35 #1ClevelandFan - - - - - No Pick 0 -

35 FloridaBrownsFan - - - - - No Pick 0 -

What, no parade of WTG's?

Honestly, I didn't know what was involved in the tie-breaker thingy and was just stunned that I made it as far as I did.

Great job, toop. Looks like a tie to me.

Beanpot

and eff off (typed with a smug look) Z

Archived