THE BROWNS BOARD

OSU Pro Day

Guest Aloysius

Guest Aloysius

Some interesting info coming in:

Sources have confirmed that Beanie Wells was timed between 4.35-to-4.45 seconds in the forty.

Malcolm Jenkins was not as lucky. He ran times which ranged between 4.46-to-4.53 on Ohio State's super fast track. These numbers will be adjusted accordingly and Jenkins "official" time is likely to be in the range of 4.55-to-4.62 seconds.

Early results have defensive tackle Nader Abdallah unofficially running a 5.09 in the forty, 7.40 in the cone and 4.64 in the short shuttle. His vertical jump was 32-inches.

Guest Aloysius

Haven't heard anything, but I wouldn't be surprised if he just did defensive back drills - he has to be pretty content with his Combine times.

Guest Aloysius

Another update:

Twenty nine NFL teams were on hand in Columbus for the Ohio State workout. Malcolm Jenkins ran poorly again, timing between 4.46-to-4.53 on Ohio State's super fast track. The times are usually marked down anywhere from .07-to-.1 seconds because of the lightning fast surface. After the workout, Jenkins seemed resigned that he'll likely make the move to safety in the NFL.

Chris "Beanie" Wells was super fast, timing from 4.34-to-4.46 before any adjustments were made. Wells said he worked hard to get his time down, sometime staying up as late as 10PM to work on his start. James Laurinaitis ran uninspired, timing between 4.68-to-4.78. Brian Robiskie was in the 4.47 second range.

Just draft Beanie........if he is there

this from me a blitering xxxxing moron who who gets it right 95% and gets 60% his posts deleted by the dimwits moderators.............save stan who is indeed the genius

this from me a blitering xxxxing moron who who gets it right 95% and gets 60% his posts deleted by the dimwits moderators.............save stan who is indeed the genius

If curry isn't there and we can't trade down, I think Beanie would be the best value pick for us. We don't need a OT in the top 5 and the DE to OLB conversion players are to risky for top 5 money. Top RB's make around 6 million so you wouldn't have to much money invested, I think thats the way to go

Saying "Ohio State will win" and "the Browns will lose" are nothing to brag about when right. It's just about the shortest limb you could go out on.

BTW, you're going to find in the NFL that your boy Beanie isn't in love with contact in between the tackles, when it's not some DB he can just shoved to the ground.

Saying "Ohio State will win" and "the Browns will lose" are nothing to brag about when right. It's just about the shortest limb you could go out on.

BTW, you're going to find in the NFL that your boy Beanie isn't in love with contact in between the tackles, when it's not some DB he can just shoved to the ground.

I'd love to have Robiskie in the black and gold. The times for Wells should always shoot him up the draft board a bit. He's a big boy with some wheels. However I too am curious about Donald Washington.

Laurenitis looks just as sluggish to me on the field most of the time as he showed he was running his 40 times.

He probably led the nation in "show up after the play is over and the ballcarrier has been tackled" plays, though.

You just got done deepthroating Beanie via Youtube clip, and your avatar is Jim Tressel.

You're probably not wearing your scarlett covered glasses when it comes to Laurenitis, or anything.

not at all when I watch Laurenitis I see a great blitzer, good in coverage, and most of the time he's fighting through 2 o-lineman cause are d-line sucks. Im not saying that he's top first round but come on late second early third thats crazy.

Yeah, I suspect a bit of OSU homerism, which is fine. I just never thought he was all that much better than a guy like J Leman at Illinois. Then Leman ran poor times and nobody drafted him.

Maybe slipping out of the second round is a bit much, but I don't think Laurinitas is a first rounder anymore. Maybe because the quality of the draft overall is so poor someone reaches for him. But he's not the type of LB prospect that has gone in round one in the last few years, and I don't suspect that this year will be any different.

I think he goes between 40 and 55.

I know you think he's good in coverage, but that's the whole point. How does a guy who runs in the 4.7s or 4.8s stay with slot receivers who run 4.4? What about TEs like Dustin Keller and Ben Watson who run a 4.5? Well, he doesn't.

And that's why they make them run while timing them with stop watches. Because everyone is faster in the pros and you need to find out which guys are going to be able to keep up.

The Laurinitas time is going to make a lot of news as well. That's pretty bad on that track.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him make it to round three now. I don't think he goes in the top 50.

JL certainly hurt himself with that time, but it won't drop him past mid-second round. If you remember, Ray Lewis has (had) a lousy 40 time too. :) Personally, I'd have no issues with the Browns taking him with the pick they got from Tampa.

Wells' time certainly got my attention, but I still think the D is in worse shape than the O. What worries me is Wells seemed to have more than his share of nicks- and the hitting is a tad fiercer in the NFL

Yeah, I suspect a bit of OSU homerism, which is fine. I just never thought he was all that much better than a guy like J Leman at Illinois. Then Leman ran poor times and nobody drafted him.

Maybe slipping out of the second round is a bit much, but I don't think Laurinitas is a first rounder anymore. Maybe because the quality of the draft overall is so poor someone reaches for him. But he's not the type of LB prospect that has gone in round one in the last few years, and I don't suspect that this year will be any different.

If he falls to 50 I'd be in heaven. Everyone talks about taking clay3 mid 1st, he doesnt even come close to producing on the field like JL. So if you want to talk about homerism there's alot of it there

lol wow you got to be joking. Watch some video its about football speed not track speed.

Thank you, I agree 100%. Guys going goffy over a DT that can run a 4.6 40. I never saw a DT run 40 yards without taking oxygen half way through.

I rather watch him on film and see what kind of burst he has, how he uses his hands, can he drop into coverage, can he get off of blocks and can he move sidline to sideline. Who gives a shit what his 40 time is. You end up with a guy like Hubbard who runs a 4.3 40 but can't catch and runs poor routes. The greatest receiver in football, Jerry Rice, ran a 4.6 in his pro day.

OSU does have a fast track but it isn't worth a .1 of a second. That's unrealistic. There are all kinds of schools that have the same track as OSU, so I would qualify it as a fast track but you won't see scouts adjusting their times by .1 of a second.

I can't believe the guys trying to diss the OSU players. Trying to find any excuse. A 3 time all-american, multi award winner for LB and defensive player of the year and guys are looking for things to knock him on.

Damn, just watch the film.....................................Same with Maualuga.

He won't make it to the second round................................glad you aren't his agent.

Watch some film man.

I know you think he's good in coverage, but that's the whole point. How does a guy who runs in the 4.7s or 4.8s stay with slot receivers who run 4.4? What about TEs like Dustin Keller and Ben Watson who run a 4.5? Well, he doesn't.

And that's why they make them run while timing them with stop watches. Because everyone is faster in the pros and you need to find out which guys are going to be able to keep up.

Its not about staying with receivers that run 4.4's its about covering your area, he's an inside LB he's not going to be expected to cover receivers. As for tight ends you bump them at the line and take proper angle's. He's one of the most fundamentally sound LB's in the draft, doesn't get outta position and covers his area very well

Middle linebackers don't have to cover slot receivers and tight ends? What game are you watching?

You know how they talk about some guys being two-down LBs, and others who can stay on the field all the time? Why do you think they make that distinction?

how many times have you seen andra davis lined up on a slot receiver one on one? Thats the OLB's job and even then its rare

Many on here want to see Brian Orakpo drafted with the 5th pick.....He runs a 4.7 too. Where is the questions about his speed?

Is he going to be able to keep up with the same guys you mentioned?

Jon Beason ran a 4.72 at the combines and was drafted #25 overall. I think Lofa Tatupu ran something like a 4.8!

Brian Cushing played the outside at USC and he ran a 4.74 at the combine....His stock went up!

I'm a Buckeye fan but do not wear those Scarlet and Gray glasses. Never have when it comes to the Browns or the NFL.

But JL is a very very good cover guy. He also has soft hands for a LB and will make INT's when the ball is thrown to him.

I remember all the same arguments about Chris Spielman too.......He's too slow!

Archived