THE BROWNS BOARD

Prehaps a way to actually fight Global Warming gasses

sadbrownsfan

http://money.cnn.com/2015/04/28/technology/audi-diesel-air-water/index.html

"The fuel is produced in three steps. First, the researchers heat up steam to very high temperatures to break it down into hydrogen and oxygen. This process requires temperatures of over 800 degrees Celsius (1,472 Fahrenheit) and is powered by green energy such as solar or wind power. Audi said using that's is more efficient than conventional techniques.

Second, they mix the hydrogen with carbon dioxide under pressure and at high temperature to create so-called blue crude. Lastly, the blue crude is refined into fuels in a similar way fossil crude oil is refined into gasoline.

Audi (AUDVF) said its lab tests have shown the "e-diesel" can be mixed with fossil fuels or used as a fuel on its own"

better description of the process http://www.sciencealert.com/audi-have-successfully-made-diesel-fuel-from-air-and-water

All that fancy hi tech processing should result in about 20 bucks a gallon........ ?

please google "economies of scale". Do you realize the cost in extracting oil from deep sea reservoirs? Why isn't oil $20 then? In this process they're heating up water. DOn't have to drill for that do you. Of course this kind of fuel could be used standalone, some alterations to engine designs I'm sure would have to take place...but apparently using it as an additive to current gas wouldn't require that. And you caught the point that this process could be powered from solar or wind farms right?

It sounds interesting as hell. Utilizing hydrogen for fuel while finding a stable form of it you would think is the holy grail to our energy problems.

Cool. Wake me up when it's ready. As to the Holy Grail keep in mind at the automobile has only been around for about a hundred and thirty years. Try to remember that history didn't begin yesterday. This could be the next step and by then I'm sure there will be something else for people to be hysterical about.

WSS

All that fancy hi tech processing should result in about 20 bucks a gallon........ ?

According to the article they are hoping to sell it between 1 and 1.50 Euro's per liter which would be roughly the same as gas.

Cool. Wake me up when it's ready. As to the Holy Grail keep in mind at the automobile has only been around for about a hundred and thirty years. Try to remember that history didn't begin yesterday. This could be the next step and by then I'm sure there will be something else for people to be hysterical about.

WSS

Yeah, probably removing to much CO2 from the atmosphere causing global cooling.

Its not in the sand...please enlighten me wonder boy!

OK, putting aside anything to do with the environment, at the current rate*, oil will run out in about 40 years; gas less than 10 years afterwards. We have enough coal to pick up the slack, but that'll run out in about 70 years and really, do we want to rely on burning coal for all our energy? I'm pretty sure cars won't be able to do it.

Now, about that current rate. In 40 years, the population will have roughly doubled, with estimates I can find ranging from 40-60% or so. So that consumption rate goes right up, meaning you can look for about 30 years of oil, 35 of gas, and coal, maybe 50 years?

But no, we're fine, let's just carry on as we are, there are plenty more things dying and spending millions/billions of years being turned in to fossil fuels in the next couple of decades, we'll be fine.

please google "economies of scale" Cleve

Please google "research and development costs". If that is too tough on ya, just

type in "R&D".

They have known how to drill for oil for decades.

Remember asking me yesterday "why the insults"? This is why. The willful stupidity is mind numbing at this point. We found a decade or so of natural gas and now everyone thinks it's over.

OK...then try to make the insults interesting? ;)

please google "economies of scale" Cleve

Please google "research and development costs". If that is too tough on ya, just

type in "R&D".

They have known how to drill for oil for decades.

They know how to drill for oil, but they're having to go deeper and deeper. That's why the costs continue to rise significantly while our cost is more affected by these assholes in the middle east and the asshole speculators on wall street. With the high price of extraction as it is already and will only continue to rise, the reason our cost don't utterly soar is economies of scale...and simply the market wouldn't tolerate insanely high gas prices. People would fucking walk to work if gas was $20 gallon. Our entire economy would grind to a halt cause no one would go anywhere that wasn't in walking distance.

According to the article they are hoping to sell it between 1 and 1.50 Euro's per liter which would be roughly the same as gas.

Yeah, probably removing to much CO2 from the atmosphere causing global cooling.

could be. Anyway I figure we will keep finding new and better ways to do shit for as long as mankind exists. I wasn't denigrating this technology just saying it's a step of thousands of steps. somebody told me a great way to get a grip on how important the issues we freak out over our is to read a newspaper from 20 years ago.

WSS

Just a public service announcement - we are all electric. No global warNing gas usage.

And Obamao can send a thousand brownshirt nazi stormtroopers from the UN to take

our woodburner stove. When the smoke clears, and all is said and done,

we'll be fine and our woodburner will still be there.

The UN should know better than the mess with Americans with American woodstoves, dangit.

Just a public service announcement - we are all electric. No global warNing gas usage.

And Obamao can send a thousand brownshirt nazi stormtroopers from the UN to take

our woodburner stove. When the smoke clears, and all is said and done,

we'll be fine and our woodburner will still be there.

The UN should know better than the mess with Americans with American woodstoves, dangit.

What does this even mean? Are you afraid someone is going to take your wood-stove?

What does this even mean? Are you afraid someone is going to take your wood-stove? Sad

Obamao.

http://offgridsurvival.com/epa-woodburningstoves-illegal/

Where does your electricity come from? Chris

From God. No, man did not create lightning.

Do you genuinely have a lightning-harnessing device to power your home? Cos that's pretty cool.

Have I ever called a corporation evil?

I work for a giant multinational company lol

I'm saying that giant multinational corporations will probably do a better job of finding the next cool energy source, like this one, than the UN, liberals, politicians and yes, even Obamao!

;)

WSS

Archived