THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns sign Corey Ivy

Guest Aloysius

Guest Aloysius
IVY PICKS THE BROWNS

Posted by Mike Florio on March 18, 2009, 9:00 p.m. EDT

Cornerback Corey Ivy has decided to stay in the division.

The former Ravens defender has agreed to terms with the Browns.

Per a league source, it’s a one-year deal.

The nine-year veteran spent three years in Baltimore. He appeared in every game last season, starting one. In 2007, he started 13 of 16 games.

Ivy previously played for the Rams, Buccaneers, and Patriots. He appeared in all 19 regular-season and postseason games of Tampa Bay’s Super Bowl championship season of 2002.

I like Cribbs as much as anyone, but it is crazy to think that he can just step in and learn how to play the position at the drop of the hat. He has never played safety, and this is the NFL. If Cribbs were to become a good safety it would take at least a few seasons.

I like Cribbs as much as anyone, but it is crazy to think that he can just step in and learn how to play the position at the drop of the hat. He has never played safety, and this is the NFL. If Cribbs were to become a good safety it would take at least a few seasons.

I disagree 100%. Cribbs is a pure football player.

Guest Aloysius
Where's that safety we need???

I noticed that the Colts haven't re-signed Matt Giordano. He'd be a solid addition: a great special teams player with experience playing at both safety spots. Most likely a backup, but - if we're lucky - he could have a Jim Leonhard-like breakout year.

Guest TheJokersWILD
I vote we move DA to safety.

If he can keep his production the same on the other side of the field we could expect 14-20 picks a season out of him.

Oh great, someone mentioned his name. This went from an Ivy thread to A Cribbs thread now if Lumberg somehow sees this, this will turn into a fullblown DA/Quinn thread.

i'll take giordano. can't be worse than anyone else we've got back there, though he is more a FS type than a SS. either way, mangini, it seems, likes to play with two safeties over the top, so his speed would be put to good use.

@ heck: if these are gonna be our corners and safeties and we don't go to a more aggressive scheme or seriously hit on a pass-rushing OLB in the draft, we're in major, major trouble.

though mangini's bringing in 'his guys,' he's not upgrading the talent all that much. yes, barton's better than andra davis, but he's still a marginal player on the downswing of his career.

while i like the sensible approach to FA and the plan to build through the draft, we need a major talent upgrade that five draft picks and a handful of middling signings won't address. i know i need to be patient if we want to build for long-term success, but, damn, the 2009 season is looking effing bleak.

Guest TheJokersWILD
Funny that you have 97 posts in 8 days

Your right. I am disappointed with myself, I thought I would be well into the hundreds by now :( I am a competitor :) and I do believe this post puts me at the 100 mark ;) Well on my way to the posting hall of fame B)

Your right. I am disappointed with myself, I thought I would be well into the hundreds by now :( I am a competitor :) and I do believe this post puts me at the 100 mark ;) Well on my way to the posting hall of fame B)

what are you....12?

its not a race.....on the internets, that just makes you a post whore.

postwhore.jpg

Happy Birthday Thaak !

And, Tob:

this was hiliarious:

"I vote we move DA to safety.

If he can keep his production the same on the other side of the field we could expect 14-20 picks a season out of him. "

i'll take giordano. can't be worse than anyone else we've got back there, though he is more a FS type than a SS. either way, mangini, it seems, likes to play with two safeties over the top, so his speed would be put to good use.

@ heck: if these are gonna be our corners and safeties and we don't go to a more aggressive scheme or seriously hit on a pass-rushing OLB in the draft, we're in major, major trouble.

though mangini's bringing in 'his guys,' he's not upgrading the talent all that much. yes, barton's better than andra davis, but he's still a marginal player on the downswing of his career.

while i like the sensible approach to FA and the plan to build through the draft, we need a major talent upgrade that five draft picks and a handful of middling signings won't address. i know i need to be patient if we want to build for long-term success, but, damn, the 2009 season is looking effing bleak.

I'm with ya.

Guest TheJokersWILD
what are you....12?

its not a race.....on the internets, that just makes you a post whore.

postwhore.jpg

Have you ever heard of a laptop? Besides that computer does not look like it has enough power for my daily posting needs.

I really like this signing I wanted him last year. He is a decent spot starter so when we go dime we can slide McDonlad to the slot. Add in a pick from the draft and a few UDFA and we will look much better at CB then last year plus we havent overpaid

McDonald is not a slot player. When Holly was healthy he would move inside and McDonald would take over the outside position. Ivy and Poteat can both play in the slot.

Archived