THE BROWNS BOARD

Latest trade rummon about quinn

why cant we win

just seen it on sprts extra that there is a rumor about a 3 team trade between us and denver and washington that will ship BQ and another player to denver Cutler to washington and Jason cambel and Chris Colley to cleveland

wtf i am not for this move at all this would not b a smart move IMO

Well I guess if this happens I can be glad I live in TX and wont have to watch the train wreck that is bound to occur. I would lose all faith in this regime if they did a jackass trade like that.

Wtf has "Jason Campbell" done for the Redskins anyways..................................NOTHING. I'm sorry that I'm P.O. but This rumor has to stop. I'm a die hard Browns fan, always will be, but trading Quinn would be the dumbest move.

Guest TheJokersWILD
just seen it on sprts extra that there is a rumor about a 3 team trade between us and denver and washington that will ship BQ and another player to denver Cutler to washington and Jason cambel and Chris Colley to cleveland

Don't you mean Cooley?

Guest TheJokersWILD
lol u know what i mean

Sorry, don't mean to correct you I just wan't sure who you were referring to. I have no idea wwho washington has on thier roster :P

Guest TheJokersWILD
Just thinking about the possibility of this trade being true made me throw up in my mouth.

If it happens I may just run over the first steeler fan I see. Hell I may just do it anyhow just for fun :rolleyes:

This rumor has already been shown to be a satire report on some fan-site. No truth to it at all.

HA.....HAHA......HAHAHA.......HAHAHAHA.......HAHAHAHAHA............HAHAHAHAHAHA.

.............HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh snap.... This made me laugh.... good one...... Give up Quinn and get Cooley & Cambell.... HA.... My God... if that happened I would burn a browns flag... Thats just straight up wrong.... I'd take Vick over Cambell.... hell.. I might take Vick over Quinn....... But whomever started this rumour is on crack... not cocoaine, but straight up white rock shit. This is awefull, if this happenss, I feel bad for Manginis eye doctor, because he's gonna have a load on his hands when Mangini try's to see through the shit storm he will face for this one

I don't know if this would be a bad thing. Campbell showed some promise last year? He has the Redskins franchise record, Most Consecutive Pass Attempts without an Interception - 252 (12/02/07 - 11/03/08). Passed for 3,200 yards?

Not saying we should do this, but just thinking about it.

Cooley says he does not want to play here. Royal is a blocking TE. Cooley might fit in with that?

just saw this:

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/03/18/skins-n...mpbell-extensi/

Skins Not Interested in Cutler, but Won't Give Campbell Extension Either

Posted Mar 18th 2009 12:30PM by Ryan Wilson (RSS feed)

Filed Under: Broncos, Redskins, NFC East, NFL Rumors

There's good news and bad news for Jason Campbell. According to Vinny Cerrato, actor, radio personality and Redskins football executive, the team isn't actively trying to trade for Denver's Jay Cutler. Unfortunately, the organization has no plans to give Campbell, entering the last year of his rookie deal, a contract extension this offseason, either.

That decision means that if Campbell flops in 2009, we could be entering the Colt Brennan era. (Or more likely, the Anybody-But-Colt era. No offense to Brennan, but, come on, he's not a guy you build a team around; he's an NFL backup. There are worse fates -- he could be a blogger, for example.)

Campbell appears unfazed by all this and is instead focusing on next season.

"I don't worry about that because I always have confidence in my ability," said Campbell, scheduled to be paid about $2.8 million in 2009. "I know what I can do to help this team win, especially with having the opportunity to be in this offense for my second year. I know what I can do, I know the things I've done and where I can go in this game.

"I'm still a young quarterback, but I'm growing and improving. That's what you want to do. I always put team goals first, I'm always going care about that before anything individual. But as long as we win as a team, everybody will get what they deserve. That's what it's about."

And that's exactly what Campbell should say -- publicly, at least. Whining about things beyond your control makes you look petty and selfish. So unless that's what you're going for, it's better to just put on a happy face for the cameras and let your agent quietly handle the financial discussions.

In January, the Washington Post's Jason La Canfora wrote that he thought "the relationship could become contentious" if the 'Skins didn't make an effort to extend Campbell's contract, but two months later, that doesn't seem to be the case.

There's also this: Is Campbell the franchise's future? Jim Zorn is admittedly excited about working with his quarterback, but we've been down this road before: Campbell struggles, fans and media call for him to get benched. There's certainly nothing wrong with that -- particularly in light of the Redskins winning two of their final eight games last season -- it's just that if Campbell isn't the guy, who is?

this should put this three-way trade rumor to bed. i didn't really think it would have happened anyway.

Jets may turn to Eric Mangini and Browns to try and land Jay Cutler

If the Jets decide to make a strong play for Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler, who could wind up on the trading block in the coming days, they may need help from a certain Cleveland resident whom they unceremoniously dumped - Eric Mangini. Wouldn't that be a trip? The Jets have the need, the cap room and the draft-pick ammunition to make a serious offer for Cutler, but the one thing they probably don't have is a quarterback the Broncos would take in return. That's where Mangini and the Browns would come in. The former Jets coach has two viable quarterbacks, Brady Quinn and Derek Anderson, neither of whom has received an endorsement from Mangini. Quinn might be appealing to Broncos coach Josh McDaniels because he played at Notre Dame under Charlie Weis, who used to work with McDaniels in New England. Quinn is well-versed in the Weis/Patriots offensive system, which McDaniels will use in Denver. That means the Browns could emerge as the third team in a potential three-way trade. The main components of a three-way deal would be the Jets getting Cutler, the Broncos getting Quinn and the Browns getting a premium draft pick (or picks) to help their rebuilding process. Without Mangini, the Jets would be hard-pressed to swing the deal. Ben's Take: If Mangini really wants to stick it to the Jets he'll help them land Cutler. Just what New York needs, another over hyped QB. -- NY Daily News

A lot of talk going around about Cutler and we seem to always be tied with it... I don't like that one bit unless it's shippin D.A. I don't want to see CLE just piss away our 2 first rd picks in sending Quinn away without seeing what he can do first and for a great player in Cutler but a whiny bitch. I guess if it's best for the team and this happens and it works I'll be the first to say I was wrong. I wouldn't do it just yet though.

What has to happen is Mangini to come out and say "We have no interest in trading Quinn." That might (but i doubt it) put all these dumb rumors to rest.

These are getting to be a joke. If everybody wants Quinn in a trade, then wouldn't you think Mangini might just want to keep him for some selfish reason? Just another dumb question.

Guest Aloysius
but this comes from the same managment that cooley said he heared them talking about it

I don't think Cooley said anything about hearing management talking about it. What he posted on his blog is that his name has been brought up on the internet regarding a potential Cutler trade. He makes it clear that he doesn't think it'll happen & that he wouldn't welcome a move to Cleveland:

Trade talk is a weird wake up at 6:30. Obviously something was said between teams to cause this internet trading shit storm. I would be pissed if I got my ass shipped to Cleveland. But seriously, when the internet is the first news I hear about something this big I would hope it to be speculation. Really, it could have been a couple owners bullshitting and joking around about guys and someone leaked it. No big deal. I would be blown away to hear anything more. It is nice to read extreme skins posts about not wanting me to go. Thanks!

No need to worry about this rumor.

Archived