THE BROWNS BOARD

Latest trade rummon about quinn

why cant we win

What has to happen is Mangini to come out and say "We have no interest in trading Quinn."

Thing is, he hasn't said this about either of BQ or DA. You've got several people on this board saying Quinn's the QB, or deserves to be.. in reality you've got new management here who may have never chosen to have anything to do with either of the Brown's QBs and might be more interested in starting from scratch. They don't have to produce a bowl team this year, they can put a team in place they think will go bowling, and that may not include either of the current QBs..

Thing is, he hasn't said this about either of BQ or DA. You've got several people on this board saying Quinn's the QB, or deserves to be.. in reality you've got new management here who may have never chosen to have anything to do with either of the Brown's QBs and might be more interested in starting from scratch. They don't have to produce a bowl team this year, they can put a team in place they think will go bowling, and that may not include either of the current QBs..

You are right in one respect. The organization and the coaching staff have said nothing. They have leaked nothing. So, everything including who's the starter, who will get traded or who they like better, if either, is 100% pure speculation and totally unfounded.

So, the rumors are what they are, pure garbage without any foundation at all.

I don't think Cooley said anything about hearing management talking about it. What he posted on his blog is that his name has been brought up on the internet regarding a potential Cutler trade. He makes it clear that he doesn't think it'll happen & that he wouldn't welcome a move to Cleveland:

No need to worry about this rumor.

I would be pissed if I got my ass shipped to Cleveland.

Cooley won't be missed in Cleveland

What has to happen is Mangini to come out and say "We have no interest in trading Quinn." That might (but i doubt it) put all these dumb rumors to rest.

These are getting to be a joke. If everybody wants Quinn in a trade, then wouldn't you think Mangini might just want to keep him for some selfish reason? Just another dumb question.

I would not expect Mangini to come out and say that. The Browns organization needs a massive rebuilding and this time we dont even have the salary cap edge or the draft picks to address these issues. The only way for is to improve is for us to utilize our existing chips to the best of the trade value and get good return in players or draft picks. The way we are right now, I dont think either QB can make any difference what so ever. If Quinn can give us valuable trade picks to address our needs then so be it. This management inherited a mess and Josh McDaniels "Noone is untradable" is clearly apt here.

Jets may turn to Eric Mangini and Browns to try and land Jay Cutler

If the Jets decide to make a strong play for Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler, who could wind up on the trading block in the coming days, they may need help from a certain Cleveland resident whom they unceremoniously dumped - Eric Mangini. Wouldn't that be a trip? The Jets have the need, the cap room and the draft-pick ammunition to make a serious offer for Cutler, but the one thing they probably don't have is a quarterback the Broncos would take in return. That's where Mangini and the Browns would come in. The former Jets coach has two viable quarterbacks, Brady Quinn and Derek Anderson, neither of whom has received an endorsement from Mangini. Quinn might be appealing to Broncos coach Josh McDaniels because he played at Notre Dame under Charlie Weis, who used to work with McDaniels in New England. Quinn is well-versed in the Weis/Patriots offensive system, which McDaniels will use in Denver. That means the Browns could emerge as the third team in a potential three-way trade. The main components of a three-way deal would be the Jets getting Cutler, the Broncos getting Quinn and the Browns getting a premium draft pick (or picks) to help their rebuilding process. Without Mangini, the Jets would be hard-pressed to swing the deal. Ben's Take: If Mangini really wants to stick it to the Jets he'll help them land Cutler. Just what New York needs, another over hyped QB. -- NY Daily News

A lot of talk going around about Cutler and we seem to always be tied with it... I don't like that one bit unless it's shippin D.A. I don't want to see CLE just piss away our 2 first rd picks in sending Quinn away without seeing what he can do first and for a great player in Cutler but a whiny bitch. I guess if it's best for the team and this happens and it works I'll be the first to say I was wrong. I wouldn't do it just yet though.

And here we have the ramblings of another :o incompetent NY sports journalist. Makes his cake on offering some insight to marquee moves around the NFL. If Daboll (who is exactly the same as McDaniels- NE/Billy tree) hadn't have actually come from NY with Mangini, I'd actually give this writer a little slack. But holy shit, how about a little homework before powering up the Macbook.

Archived