THE BROWNS BOARD

Would you take Dorial Green-Beckham in the 2nd round?

secondwave

Yes, please.

6'6" 230 pound WR with Velcro hands and superstar potential? And you say NO? Because 2 years ago he smoked some weed as a young college kid? really? I think that he's learned from his mistakes and what better way to let Gordon's missteps serve a purpose than to be an excellent example of what happens if you don't take care of your personal business? I say to trade up early in the second to swipe this monster. Then find a way to get Perryman or Williams and a FB and you can call it a draft. :)

I'm flip flopping on it. On one hand, he seems to have a good support system via his adopted family, BUT.. another WR with a rocky past with weed makes me wanna throw up

He's so good though...

Edit: on further inspection, he's having a kid, that might be the motivation that keeps him on the straight and narrow path

Absolutely not... and neither will the Browns.

If we did not take Shane Ray, there is no way DBG becomes a Brown.

Our NFL Franchise is officially risk adverse.

I don't think he has the drive to cut it in the NFL. I remember watching him in drills at the combine and it looked like he was just going through the motions. He looks like his talent has gone to his head and he won't be able to just beat people on the NFL because he's bigger than them. At the same time if he ever find the motivation to be great, there is very little to like about his game. He does have small hands

I laughed at the thought of him being selected with the 19th pick. But in the 2nd round....hmm.

Would you do it?

Not even tempted at all. No thanks! Why waste an upper 2nd round pick on a guy where history hasn't lied about him yet? We'd basically be drafting a guy that will remain parked next to Josh Gordon off the field contemplating what if this guy liked football more than marijuana? There's just too many intriguing prospects that WANT to prove themselves prioritizing football to do so.

No i would not. Yes he is incredidly talented and has a chance if he wants to to be great, but this is all about the hatitude you bring to a losing team thus far. These are not the kind of individual that will be beneficial to a rebuilding organization and to a locker room.

I would look a 5 players at 43 : Eli Harold, Jaelen Strong, Maxx Williams, Denzel Perryman and Grady Jarrett

No flippin way. The Browns are looking at character.

I can see Strong, though.

I really want Tre McBride, wr in a later round, and a quick pass catching

TE.

6'6" 230 pound WR with Velcro hands and superstar potential? And you say NO? Because 2 years ago he smoked some weed as a young college kid? really? I think that he's learned from his mistakes and what better way to let Gordon's missteps serve a purpose than to be an excellent example of what happens if you don't take care of your personal business? I say to trade up early in the second to swipe this monster. Then find a way to get Perryman or Williams and a FB and you can call it a draft. :)

He smoked his way out of two schools. That is exactly who the Browns need. A guy who is too fucking stupid to put down the joint. Why take him when we already have Gordon to fill that role?

We are in no position to take the risk on this guy. He has so much in common with Gordon. He has a history of being kicked out of schools, using marijuana, bad attitude, and low effort on the practice field... He has all the talent in the world, and somebody will get to see it... until he dive bombs just like JG did...

No thanks... maybe in the 7th...

DGB would be nice to have and with Bowe, Hartline, HAWK, Gabriel and Benjamin there wouldn't be an immediate need to start off as the number 1 but to develop into that over time. And when Gordon comes back next year to line up opposite DGB it would be downright scary. It all depends on the evaluation that Farmer has done on him, whether or not he believes that the past is in the past.

I understand that his resume is nearly identical to that of Josh Gordon. Kicked out of one school for dope. Transferred to another but didn't play there because of positive tests.

I don't think the Browns FO wants to see the movie "Up in Smoke, Part Deux"

In the 3rd? Still a no here...

Maybe Day 3...

I would take him in the third. Being risk averse and drafting for character is a solid plan that I agree with. However, at some point, the reward far outweighs the risk. A top ten talent in the third is where I think the scales tip in DGB's favor.

If he flames out and never plays a single down in the NFL, it's not a huge whiff. If he even achieves half of his potential, he's a legitimate #2 receiver. And if he straightens out and becomes what he could be....that's the steal of a century.

Denver or Seattle will draft him because half the risk is legal there.

Not in the NFL. Doesn't matter if it's legal in the state.

I would take him in the third. Being risk averse and drafting for character is a solid plan that I agree with. However, at some point, the reward far outweighs the risk. A top ten talent in the third is where I think the scales tip in DGB's favor.

If he flames out and never plays a single down in the NFL, it's not a huge whiff. If he even achieves half of his potential, he's a legitimate #2 receiver. And if he straightens out and becomes what he could be....that's the steal of a century.

All true, but what gives me the additional pause is a work ethic question.

Would he ever "Play like a Brown"? Full effort, every play for an entire game? Or would he be an "I play when I wanna play" kinda guy?

Archived