THE BROWNS BOARD

Liberal sick gov overreach gone wild

calfoxwc

Why so liberal? I think it is a good idea to keep your kid unsocialized and indoctrinated. The world will welcome them with open arms as an adult.

I kind of agree. If I had to do my life over again I would want to be homeschooled too. Not homeschooled by raging fundamentalists mind you.

there are kids who were homeschooled that were the happiest kids you would ever find.

They have their own social things - they get together with other homeschoolers.

Then there are those who choose to go to a public school, like high school, and their

parents let them.

Those kids do very well, too.

It sounds like certain school districts hate the home schooling because it takes away

from their numbers as far as gov grants go, and conforming to expected overal academic

standards.

Why are these kids being called infront of a board then? There's some background to this we aren't being told.

Are you for real?

Kid supposedly suspended from school for drawing a crucifix...denied by school, but rather the kid was forced to undergo psychological evaluation.

Psyco evaluation? Really?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2009/12/16/school-denies-suspending-student-for-jesus-drawing/

Student suspended for saying "bless you"...

http://fox6now.com/2014/08/20/student-suspended-for-saying-bless-you-after-classmate-sneezed/

Because of the sickness of liberalism, a fucking law had to be passed to guarantee the right of a student to say "Merry Christmas" in school. These students clearly need a psycho eval eh Woody?

http://www.kvue.com/story/news/state/2014/12/08/merry-christmas-law-public-school/20114955/

Student banned from wearing cross necklace...

http://www.khou.com/story/news/2014/07/11/11315088/

No candy canes with Jesus affixed to them.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/01/07/jesus-is-not-allowed-teacher-reportedly-bans-first-grade-student-from-handing-out-christmas-candy-cane-story/

I kind of agree. If I had to do my life over again I would want to be homeschooled too. Not homeschooled by raging fundamentalists mind you.

Why would you want to be homeschooled?

I realize these kids have "homeschool groups" and what not, where they actually get to be social. But going to school is a huge learning and growing experience outside of just academics. Then, with academics, how good is someone's mom at really teaching the subject matter?

Pretty excellent, since many of them are degreed in education.

The problem is the public schools being more and more anti-family values,

along with bullying, and common core makes it worse yet.

There are many aspects of socialization that are far healthier than

being taunted, bullied, lost in the shuffle of groups, and peer pressure.

The public education system has done it to themselves, they've allowed themselves to

become arrogant, affected by different problems in society, and pandering to the rabid left,

and to the squeaky wheels of militant minorities, and lawsuits by liberals with a culture war

mindset.

Homeschooling is an excellent thing, and so are privately run Christian schools. The freedom to

choose.

Odd that most all liberals are not pro-choice when it comes to kids choosing to not be in a liberal environment.

I realize these kids have "homeschool groups" and what not, where they actually get to be social. But going to school is a huge learning and growing experience outside of just academics. Then, with academics, how good is someone's mom at really teaching the subject matter?

I know, right?

Zero chance "someone's mom" has or had prior teaching experience, a phd in education, or one of those useless STEM degrees.

That's right you nanny state liberal, people are incapable and govt. knows best.

Considering that pro home schooling parents have the best interest of their children in mind, I'm sure that these parents are smart enough to realize that it would be detrimental rather than beneficial to their kid if they felt they were not capable of teaching the subject matter.

Teacher can be poor at teaching subject matter.

You've had teachers that were poor at teaching subject matter...I can tell.

I know, at least in the state of West Virginia, the kids have to be able to cover all of the material that is on a standardized test given to the public school kids. It just ends up being the parents teaching a public school teaching plan but without getting any of the socialization. I know that I have never met a home school kid that wasn't off. People have every right to make their kid a semi-Aspbergers case but it usually isn't in your kid's best interests to totally exclude them from interactions with other kids.

Pretty excellent, since many of them are degreed in education.

The problem is the public schools being more and more anti-family values,

along with bullying, and common core makes it worse yet.

There are many aspects of socialization that are far healthier than

being taunted, bullied, lost in the shuffle of groups, and peer pressure.

The public education system has done it to themselves, they've allowed themselves to

become arrogant, affected by different problems in society, and pandering to the rabid left,

and to the squeaky wheels of militant minorities, and lawsuits by liberals with a culture war

mindset.

Homeschooling is an excellent thing, and so are privately run Christian schools. The freedom to

choose.

Odd that most all liberals are not pro-choice when it comes to kids choosing to not be in a liberal environment.

I sent my children to Christian school and I don't think much of our public schools. My son made it all the way to the first grade in a public rural school when we started having problems. It was show and tell time and he brought a green Gideon's bible to school to show the class. At 6 years old (and green being his favorite color) he wanted to show the class a little green bible he had. Not only did the teacher stop him in his presentation she scolded him for "bringing that THING into class, to put it in his locker and never bring it to school again". My wife and I were furious and got a hold of this teacher ASAP and she initially said she could not have him reading the bible to other school children and then we reminded her he was 6 years old and she knew very well he could not read and he was only showing the bible because it was his favorite color. I also told her I was not happy with him being scolded publicly in front of the class and making it seem like bringing a bible to school was such a horrible thing to his classmates. She finally admitted she was wrong and said she would apologize to him in front of the class and we dropped it but I knew at that point my children being taught Christian values at home and church were going to have problems in the public schools. I was glad we had the alternative of sending them to a Christian school where the 10 commandments were on the walls and Jesus lifted up everywhere in the school. A school where daily they would have local ministers come to the school and open the school day with a Christian message and prayer. A school where "THAT THING" was honored and appreciated.

I sent my children to Christian school and I don't think much of our public schools. My son made it all the way to the first grade in a public rural school when we started having problems. It was show and tell time and he brought a green Gideon's bible to school to show the class. At 6 years old (and green being his favorite color) he wanted to show the class a little green bible he had. Not only did the teacher stop him in his presentation she scolded him for "bringing that THING into class, to put it in his locker and never bring it to school again". My wife and I were furious and got a hold of this teacher ASAP and she initially said she could not have him reading the bible to other school children and then we reminded her he was 6 years old and she knew very well he could not read and he was only showing the bible because it was his favorite color. I also told her I was not happy with him being scolded publicly in front of the class and making it seem like bringing a bible to school was such a horrible thing to his classmates. She finally admitted she was wrong and said she would apologize to him in front of the class and we dropped it but I knew at that point my children being taught Christian values at home and church were going to have problems in the public schools. I was glad we had the alternative of sending them to a Christian school where the 10 commandments were on the walls and Jesus lifted up everywhere in the school. A school where daily they would have local ministers come to the school and open the school day with a Christian message and prayer. A school where "THAT THING" was honored and appreciated.

While I am not religious, sending your kids to a private Christian school is a far better option than 90% of the people who choose to homeschool on a whim. Your son was learning how to socialize with others and wasn't going to be facing having to learn how to do that at college or at a job where things are far less forgiving.

While I am not religious, sending your kids to a private Christian school is a far better option than 90% of the people who choose to homeschool on a whim. Your son was learning how to socialize with others and wasn't going to be facing having to learn how to do that at college or at a job where things are far less forgiving.

When I got my children enrolled in Christian school I had a real nice conversation with the Superintendent and the idea of sheltering children was brought up. Are we trying to protect students too much and will they be at a disadvantage when facing obstacles in the world. I like his answer. He used the illustration of a large oak tree. That tree started out as a very small tree that needed some protection until it got strong enough. Our students are the same way. They need some sheltering while they can go strong in their beliefs and values so when they leave school and face the challenges of the world they will have a strong foundation and strong in character to face the issues they will find in life.

everyone knows the indoctrination of the public screwel system.....

tumblr_mu4dhfjoPn1rvcjd7o2_500.gif

69561327_tumblr_lfcupmXLVx1qbpdcto1_500. and cleve getting his due.....

sorry

Looking at that from a disciplinary point of view, actually A LITTLE of that may be good for todays kids, but liberals won't have any of it....you know the "low self esteem" liberal psychobabble.

Speaking for myself, and the homeschooled kids I know, they have a great socialization.

There are plenty of groups who get together for dances, intramural events, bowling outings...

they just don't get home schooled all at one place.

Now, if there was just one kid, with no friends, no social outlets,

that would be pretty unfair. That would be a tough environment for self-actualization,

and developing social skills.

But public schools are not necessarily the good environment, either.

Are you for real?

Kid supposedly suspended from school for drawing a crucifix...denied by school, but rather the kid was forced to undergo psychological evaluation.

Psyco evaluation? Really?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2009/12/16/school-denies-suspending-student-for-jesus-drawing/

Student suspended for saying "bless you"...

http://fox6now.com/2014/08/20/student-suspended-for-saying-bless-you-after-classmate-sneezed/

Because of the sickness of liberalism, a fucking law had to be passed to guarantee the right of a student to say "Merry Christmas" in school. These students clearly need a psycho eval eh Woody?

http://www.kvue.com/story/news/state/2014/12/08/merry-christmas-law-public-school/20114955/

Student banned from wearing cross necklace...

http://www.khou.com/story/news/2014/07/11/11315088/

No candy canes with Jesus affixed to them.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/01/07/jesus-is-not-allowed-teacher-reportedly-bans-first-grade-student-from-handing-out-christmas-candy-cane-story/

I don't have the time to go through all of those articles but the first one I tried was the "bless you" story, it's a lie. The student chose to walk out of the class because of a disagreement with the teacher and another student. I'm not surprised. Most of these stories are trumped up for the benefit of simpletons like you who buy into these improbable narratives and spread them with reckless abandon. Giving not the slightest hint of critical consideration. It's literally every time. The old saying if it's too good to be true...holds here. There's always a backstory or simply some other factual contradiction that simpletons gloss over because it doesn't further their narrative.

You don't read well. The student was reprimanded for saying "Bless You", and when the student

said she should be fine with saying that, the liberal wingnut teacher told her to leave and see

the admin - at their office.

Cleve- you are all wet in Egypt.

I would "never" want to go through adolescence again with these subhuman mongrels. And I went to catholic schools my whole life. You're just exposed to too many little mongrels being raised by other mongrels. To think how much those years affected our entire course in life....it's not something I would ever subject myself to again. Honestly I'm not doing the whole human thing ever again but if I absolutely had to....I would be homeschooled by hippies. The ego is branded into us during this time of impressionability. And by ego I mean the Buddhist/Taoist explanation of it...not the rudimentary western version that translates most closely to arrogance. The ego is far far far more profound than just simple arrogance.

You don't read well. The student was reprimanded for saying "Bless You", and when the student

said she should be fine with saying that, the liberal wingnut teacher told her to leave and see

the admin - at their office.

Cleve- you are all wet in Egypt.

except it didn't happen like that cal.

ah. the old liberal emotional knee jerk -" I know the facts, and they don't matter,

what I say may not be true, but it is what I believe"

ah. the old liberal emotional knee jerk -" I know the facts, and they don't matter,

what I say may not be true, but it is what I believe"

you could say that, or you could do yourself a solid and do some research. Or not, you could just lie there and continue to be stupid your entire meaningless life.

162434-3798-hg6dn-a.jpg

Edu-of-Pre-k-through-secondary.jpg

https://nces.ed.gov/programs/digest/d13/tables/dt13_209.30.asp

This would be a good starting point for why I am not a big fan of homeschooling. Add in the fact that many of those teachers have degrees in Education and their primary subject matter, and it becomes ever more skewed.

Going to school also builds the social side of a child. You aren't just learning academics, but also vital social skills. I met a homeschool kid at Michigan, he was a little off. (And the private school kid was full of himself) The last intern we had at my work was homeschooled up until commuting to the local college. She was not ready for the working world, let alone a manufacturing plant. That's my anecdotal evidence.

Similarly, there was the kids in the "gifted program" in Elementary school. They all went to one school and only had classes with each other. I got into this, but didn't join because I thought those kids were weird. Get to high school, and you can point out the kids that were in that program (though others became my best friends. It wasn't all encompassing). Point is, they had limited social interaction and it showed.

This is a reality of homeschooling a kid. Even setting up playdates here and there may not make up for what they'd learn on their own in school.

I am not saying Public Schools are perfect, and I am not saying all homeschool kids turn out weird, I just think all of the positive and negatives should be considered. Most parents aren't going to be as qualified as the average teacher. I am happy I wasn't homeschooled and I wouldn't homeschool my kids.

To each his own I guess, though I don't think it would be in the best interest of the child. From an academic or social standpoint.

i'm being dead serious if I were to ever have a child, which I won't, I wouldn't let them near any private school or any public school. Not anymore. The intense brainwashing that goes on at these schools is universal, you can't get away from it. I would never let my own child be normalized to this absurd culture. I went to private catholic schools my whole life and they were bad enough. The things you learned to say and do in order to synchronize with everyone else, you pretty much have to rid yourself of when you become an adult. Or become what unfortunately I see on a daily basis, here at this very chat board for instance. And yes, it does start that early. I would encourage my kid to get a job as early as possible so he/she gets that "social education" in at least a semi professional environment. Schools either public or private have become and incestual cesspool of false narratives spoon fed to children by a corrupt economic structure that begins to feed on them as early as possible.

For just "one" example, I would never allow my child to go anywhere near fast food or have candy or have any kind of soda's which have chemicals in them that are purposefully structured to embed themselves in the brains of developing children. Read the book "the end of overeating". It was written by a former head of the CDC and he had CEO's of food companies admit to him how they have white coats working in labs on ways to hook children as early as possible so they can set consumptive behaviors as early as possible. Now, is it even remotely feasible in this society to keep a kid away from fast food? It isn't. They're gonna get food at school that is virtually the exact same thing, they're gonna go out with friends etc, etc. You can't stop it. You can't tell a kid he/she can't have something and then expect them to be around other kids having all those things and not consume it themselves. It's isn't remotely possible. So homeschooling is the only answer.

One of the first lessons of this world I would ever teach a kid is what they ingest means "everything". I would have to teach them what food really is and how it was really supposed to be consumed....ie not kept on a shelf for months on end laden with preservatives. And what the ramifications are of indulging in the westernized food chain. That lesson would be lost on young kids, even in the most mature of children. You would have to insulate a child from our free market for at least a decade before they were intellectually capable of rationalizing what was proper for them and what wasn't. Impossible if you leave it to the village to raise your children, cause the village these days are 90% bonafide idiots.

Uh, just for shits and giggles I wonder how many professional football head coaches played at a high level in the pros?

As long as you have an aptitude, a desire and a little more understanding of the subject than a teenager you can teach. I don't think a degree means jack shit.

WSS

Archived