THE BROWNS BOARD

Survey Friday

The Gipper

Here is your survey for Friday, May 29. Give your opinions:

1. Who wins Cavs or Warriors?

2. Who wins the NHL: Rangers/Lightning/Blackhawks/Ducks

3. Name the three players who have long been eligible for the Pro Football Hall of Fame but have not been selected as yet that you think should have gone in?

(for this...do not choose near sure things who are not yet eligible, like a Brett Favre....choose some old timer that has been left out)

4. What is your favorite TV Game show?

5. School's Out for Summer. In my opinion Alice Cooper was about the best in the business when it came to creating "Rock Anthem's" . State which band/act you think was great at creating "Rock Anthem's"....and give a few of your favorites.

CAVS....all the way !!

Dont know or care.

3. Name the three players who have long been eligible for the Pro Football Hall of Fame but have not been selected as yet that you think should have gone in?

(for this...do not choose near sure things who are not yet eligible, like a Brett Favre....choose some old timer that has been left out)

Clay Mathews, Jim Marshall & T.O.

The GONG Show....

5. School's Out for Summer. In my opinion Alice Cooper was about the best in the business when it came to creating "Rock Anthem's" . State which band/act you think was great at creating "Rock Anthem's"....and give a few of your favorites.

Queen has to be at the top....especially with "sports" anthems.......We are the champions & We will rock you come to mind quickly....probably others....

My answers:

I am ever the pessimist.....from the Drive to the Shot to the Fumble to the 9th inning fuckup to the blow 3-1 lead in 2007 to the Sweep to the Northcutt drop to all that shit.....I am always of the opinion that something will go wrong. Why do I feel that this will be no different.

Probably the team I least want to win: Blackhawks. Nothing against the except for the fact that they have won like 2 of the last 3 or 4.

Jerry Kramer, Jim Marshall, Ken Anderson

In Browns terms: Dick Shafrath, Clay Matthews, and maybe Gary Collins or Hanford Dixon

Jeopardy....naturally. This new show 500 Questions is pretty good. I like shows that are rapid fire trivia.

Since I am an old goat my tastes are naturally old school so:

Queen....with a whole slew of Rock anthems like We Will Rock You, We are the Champions, Another One Bites the Dust etc. etc.

The Who....My Generation.....and all those songs that you hear at the beginning of the various CSI shows.

KISS....Strutter, Rock n Roll All Night, Detroit Rock City etc.

Lynyrd Skynyrd....Sweet Home Alabama, Freebird, Simple Man etc.

Springsteen....Born to Run alone gets him high marks...but there are others: Badlands,

CAVS....all the way !!

Dont know or care.

Clay Mathews, Jim Marshall & T.O.

(T.O. would be the kind of guy that I am talking about....he is probably a sure fire HOF, just not yet eligible)

The GONG Show....

Queen has to be at the top....especially with "sports" anthems.......We are the champions & We will rock you come to mind quickly....probably others....

How healthy will Kyrie be?

Ducks... and they should still be "The Mighty Ducks".

3. Name the three players who have long been eligible for the Pro Football Hall of Fame but have not been selected as yet that you think should have gone in? (for this...do not choose near sure things who are not yet eligible, like a Brett Favre....choose some old timer that has been left out)
Jerry Kramer (OG-Packers); Ken Anderson (QB-Bengals); Charles Haley (DE-49ers)

Forced to choose one? Jeopardy

Loved Alice... saw him hung in the Public auditorium and guillotined in the Akron Rubber Bowl, but...

Hands down... Queen... We Will Rock You/ We are the Champions

Honorable mentions to:

Def Leopard: Pour Some Sugar

Pink Floyd: We Don't Need no Education

How healthy will Kyrie be?

Ducks... and they should still be "The Mighty Ducks".

3. Name the three players who have long been eligible for the Pro Football Hall of Fame but have not been selected as yet that you think should have gone in? (for this...do not choose near sure things who are not yet eligible, like a Brett Favre....choose some old timer that has been left out)

Jerry Kramer (OG-Packers); Ken Anderson (QB-Bengals); Charles Haley (DE-49ers)

Charles Haley is in. Elected this year.

Forced to choose one? Jeopardy

Loved Alice... saw him hung in the Public auditorium and guillotined in the Akron Rubber Bowl, but...

I was at both of those shows as well!

Hands down... Queen... We Will Rock You/ We are the Champions

Honorable mentions to:

Def Leopard: Pour Some Sugar

Pink Floyd: We Don't Need no Education

One of them, probably

One of them, probably

One of them, probably

We have a few satirical shows that are nominally 'quiz shows' that are very good. In terms of pure games, University Challenge is quite good.

Similar to alice cooper? How about:

AC/DC - highway to hell

Scorpion - rock you like a hurricane

twisted sister - we're not gonna take it

Guns 'n' Roses - sweet child of mine

Probably a load more that I can't remember right now.

I was at both of those shows as well!

Gotta chime in here.....just saw him again at Classic Park a few(5 maybe?) years ago......just as good as it was 30 years ago,,,,,

Cavs

Ducks

No idea

Catchphrase

Suede and Pulp

One of them, probably

One of them, probably

One of them, probably

GFT: I think you need to take some online courses: http://www.ccis.edu/online/academics/degrees.asp?BAAS

We have a few satirical shows that are nominally 'quiz shows' that are very good. In terms of pure games, University Challenge is quite good.

Similar to alice cooper? How about:

AC/DC - highway to hell

Scorpion - rock you like a hurricane

twisted sister - we're not gonna take it

Guns 'n' Roses - sweet child of mine

Probably a load more that I can't remember right now.

Gip - you're asking about very american things. I don't really care about basketball, and certainly don't care about hockey. As for HoF players, my football knowledge doesn't go as far back as most here, so it's difficult to say. If I ask you who's going to win the FA cup tomorrow, or who'll win the rugby world cup, you may have about as much of a clue as me about basketball/hockey.

Gip - If I ask you who's going to win the FA cup tomorrow, or who'll win the rugby world cup, you may have about as much of a clue as me about basketball/hockey.

Oh great.....now you've done it!

Here come 14 pages of google facts about UK sports.......

Gip - you're asking about very american things. I don't really care about basketball, and certainly don't care about hockey. As for HoF players, my football knowledge doesn't go as far back as most here, so it's difficult to say. If I ask you who's going to win the FA cup tomorrow, or who'll win the rugby world cup, you may have about as much of a clue as me about basketball/hockey.

The New Zealand All Blacks will win the rugby world cup......and my wish would be that Liverpool would win the FA cup

Common people - to people of a certain age, it's a proper anthem. That, along with Ash's Oh Yeah, Blur's Country House, and Oasis' Definitely Maybe album were basically the soundtrack to the 90s for people who didn't find the spice girls all that great.

Exactly.

Are you saying "exactly....those are the right answers"....or "exactly...see, you have no clue"?

I do wish that the Rugby WC would get the same attention as the FIFA WC......hopefully the organization that runs Rugby isn't as corrupt.

Common people - to people of a certain age, it's a proper anthem. That, along with Ash's Oh Yeah, Blur's Country House, and Oasis' Definitely Maybe album were basically the soundtrack to the 90s for people who didn't find the spice girls all that great.

Well, either one of two things....or both apply here: A. I may be an old fogey and just don't know those songs, or B. Those were not major hits here in the US. Fair enough on either account.

Are you saying "exactly....those are the right answers"....or "exactly...see, you have no clue"?

I do wish that the Rugby WC would get the same attention as the FIFA WC......hopefully the organization that runs Rugby isn't as corrupt.

Liverpool are not in the FA cup, the final is tomorrow between Aston Villa (my team, Randy Lerner's team), and Arsenal.

Rugby isn't as corrupt as FIFA, because there's not nearly as much money, because there's not nearly as much of a global appeal. It's in England this year, so I expect high attendances, but it's still somewhat of a colonial sport - the major powerhouses being the 'home nations' - England, Ireland etc. - and the antipodean three of Australia, NZ and South Africa. Outside of that, few countries are interested in a big way, and fewer are any good. France are decent, and Italy have come along a bit, but neither will come close to winning a world cup any time soon.

Well, either one of two things....or both apply here: A. I may be an old fogey and just don't know those songs, or B. Those were not major hits here in the US. Fair enough on either account.

Absolutely, I doubt all or even most of them made it over. Oasis are the best known globally, so if you've heard of any, it'd be them. Described often, loosely, as 'what the beatles would have sounded like if they started in this era' they were one of the iconic bands in modern UK music history.

Liverpool are not in the FA cup, the final is tomorrow between Aston Villa (my team, Randy Lerner's team), and Arsenal.

I was referencing general preferences...not specifics to this year. That would be like me saying : I want the Browns to play in the Super Bowl (but with full knowledge e.g. that the Patriots and Seahawks are the two teams playing) Besides...it was my understanding that AV was doing sucky and everyone was bitching about Randy's ownership....how did they all of a sudden get into the finals?

Rugby isn't as corrupt as FIFA, because there's not nearly as much money, because there's not nearly as much of a global appeal. It's in England this year, so I expect high attendances, but it's still somewhat of a colonial sport - the major powerhouses being the 'home nations' - England, Ireland etc. - and the antipodean three of Australia, NZ and South Africa. Outside of that, few countries are interested in a big way, and fewer are any good. France are decent, and Italy have come along a bit, but neither will come close to winning a world cup any time soon.

But...am I right or am I right about the All Blacks being the favorite?

Cavs!!.. It's our year!

I really dont care.

Clay Mathews Sr. Steve Largent, Dick Shafwrath

Jeopardy

Cleveland Rocks / Mott the Hoople.

Well, interesting question. When you have 20 participants and 3 of them are Tonga, Samoa, and Fiji, and another 4 are England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland.....I guess it could be a bit provincial (which is the word I think you were going for).

But...both Canada and the US are a couple of the participants....so that helps. And if, for example a final game for the title came down between the US and England....it would help the sport a lot in my opinion. I don't know if New Zealand vs. Georgia would help its global image so much.

Cavs!!.. It's our year!

I really dont care.

Clay Mathews Sr. Steve Largent, Dick Shafwrath

Largent is already in......and I love it: "The Wrath of Shaf".

Jeopardy

Cleveland Rocks / Mott the Hoople.

Absolutely

Archived