THE BROWNS BOARD

Kenny "The Snake" Stabler Passes Away

Zombo

If you don't think political correctness has infected everything in this country including football I can't help you. Go no further than the Washington Redskins and I don't remember the controversy in the 70's do you?

Yes. This controversy has been around awhile. Difference is in the 70's there were not multiple 24 hr news networks and unlimited social nedia to put issues on the forefront.

I'm not anti-anybody as long as they leave my Confederate money alone. It's worth more now than when it was printed. Best thing is I've been fucking a Yankee for 45+ years now. And her parents paid me to do so with Confederate money. LOL!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

And people had much thicker skin.

If Madden even heard about that comment from the announcer would he have demanded an apology or would he have had some comments of his own about the announcer and just moved on? I think he would have totally just blew off the announcer and ignored him. I don't disagree with 24 hour news plus so many sports talk shows today who thrive on any kind of controversy does stir the pot but I also think people did not get so easily offended.

I remember all the trouble Bernie Kosar got into when doing local color commentary for the Browns and making a joke about the Rams and right away I heard the coach of the Rams talking to the media about how offended he was and although Bernie apologized ...Bernie was gone.

I'm just Pro-Get-Rid-Of-Dumb-People and Anti-Hate-People-For-Something-That-Matters-Little-In-The-Real-World.

perfectly said and the solution to most of what ails this country today. people have a 'stake' in something that they really don't even remember what it's about or care just as long as they can yell at someone else and tell them they're wrong. if everyone could just get over themselves and realize that what was taught to them by their parents might not be all true then this world might be a whole lot better to live in.

(look what being a strong not-bending idealogical turd has wrought upon us: ISIS. just another fucked up reason why religion with be the death of us all)

If you don't think political correctness has infected everything in this country including football I can't help you. Go no further than the Washington Redskins and I don't remember the controversy in the 70's do you?

May I suggest an Alzheimer's check... or has your head been up your ass for 40+ years...

williamscartoon614a.jpg

And if you do not think that things have grown increasingly uncivil in the past 25 years, then I cannot help you.

Damn, that was a highly uncalled for rant.

... but a good one...

I give the people of South Carolina credit the way they came together after the white racist murdered 9 black people in a church. There was no rioting just people black and white praying together and working together. Same way with the video that came out of a white officer shooting a black man in the back in South Carolina (and now is charged with murder) but the reaction of the black people was nothing like the reaction in Baltimore with the death of Freddy Gray or in Ferguson Missouri with Michael Brown. There you had looting and arson and rioting which you did not see in South Carolina.

Apples and Oranges since both SC shooters were almost instantly apprehended and charged. Not exactly the case in BLT and Ferg...

And people had much thicker skin.

Apparently including white people...

I think some people just need to take a look in the mirror and realize they are ALWAYS looking to find something to bitch about.

This here is a thread about a cool dude and great football player who just died too young.....yet you disrespectful bitches immediately turn it into a bitch fest about pc gone wrong...confedferate fucking flags and north vs south.....

Grow the fuck up....read this thread....and then look in the mirror if you want to know whats wrong with this country....

This crap belongs on the political board(if anywhere) and of all the threads, yall gotta go and pick this one...shameful

Oh yeah....back to topic.....Kenny Stabler....great quarterback....gone too soon....

Sorry to prolong this, Z. But if folks choose to post their mind-numbing drivel outside of the Political section, then I'm going to respond.

folks choose to post their mind-numbing drivel outside of the Political section, then I'm going to respond.

I was typing when you posted this....not a reply to your post.....I did see you twice try to get things back on track....;)

Like this.....

This is a different thread... ;)

Some just cant take a hint.....

Posted Today, 01:11 PM

OldBrownsFan, on 11 Jul 2015 - 11:54 AM, said:snapback.png

May I suggest an Alzheimer's check... or has your head been up your ass for 40+ years...

williamscartoon614a.jpg

And if you do not think that things have grown increasingly uncivil in the past 25 years, then I cannot help you.

***************************************************************************************************************************

the mods can delete this if they want but if I get attacked I am going to respond. I think tour you proved your own point with being *civil* in your comments towards me.

Here is something even more recent about the politically correct insanity sweeping the nation tour, now the New Orleans Saints logo is under attack by the PC crowd. Mind-numbing isn't it ?

Now The Symbol Of New Orleans Is Considered Racist

http://dailycaller.com/2015/07/10/now-the-symbol-of-new-orleans-is-considered-racist/

if this freakin thread is more important than walking your dog or taking out your trash then there is something wrong with you......

sorry oldbrownsfan but you're wrong here. it's people like you with some wavering power of a book holding you to a certain line in the sand that you can't see the forest from the tree. same can be said about extremists in every religion. ISIS anyone? now i'm not saying you're a terrible person or your faith in something is wrong but there are bigger problems in the world and if some PC politician is what sets you off then you need therapy. i think if you thought about it for a second and looked at what you have compared to what other people have your problem with anti-religion or liberalism or whatever the frick the day's problem is, you'd see you got it pretty well off.

i mean i don't see someone in war torn nigeria logging onto the browns board to complain about how bad his PC politicians have fucked him over.

If I post on religion or politics I try to keep it on the political side of the message board. Mudfly is right the thread is about Ken Stabler's death and I should not have gotten sidetracked. But I was not the only one who got off topic on this thread.

I love a debate with the passive-aggressive...

I was typing when you posted this....not a reply to your post.....

I know... we're cool...

Hell... I'm good with anyone here on football...

Sorry to prolong this, Z. But if folks choose to post their mind-numbing drivel outside of the Political section, then I'm going to respond.

That's a great attitude, just don't be a hypocrite about it. Someone posts a rant about the South and you're cool with that even though that has nothing to do with the thread and should be in the political section. But glad to see you were the guy leading the way to get the topic back on track but you weren't really were you?

**************************************************************************************************************

Tim Couch Pulls Out, on 11 Jul 2015 - 8:15 PM, said:snapback.png

Damn, that was a highly uncalled for rant.

... but a good one...

Posted Today, 01:11 PM

OldBrownsFan, on 11 Jul 2015 - 11:54 AM, said:snapback.png

williamscartoon614a.jpg

***************************************************************************************************************************

the mods can delete this if they want but if I get attacked I am going to respond. I think tour you proved your own point with being *civil* in your comments towards me.

Here is something even more recent about the politically correct insanity sweeping the nation tour, now the New Orleans Saints logo is under attack by the PC crowd. Mind-numbing isn't it ?

Now The Symbol Of New Orleans Is Considered Racist

http://dailycaller.com/2015/07/10/now-the-symbol-of-new-orleans-is-considered-racist/

Whats "mind numbing" is this

"Seck also believes it shouldn't be taken down as it is now embraced as a symbol of unity".

Quite the opposite of the point you were attempting to make. Quit googling for reasons to be scared !

Snake Stabler was a baaaaaaaad man ! Before QB's started wearing skirts.

Whats "mind numbing" is this

"Seck also believes it shouldn't be taken down as it is now embraced as a symbol of unity".

Quite the opposite of the point you were attempting to make. Quit googling for reasons to be scared !

Snake Stabler was a baaaaaaaad man ! Before QB's started wearing skirts.

No it is exactly the point I am making. This is even being brought up today in 2015 because of the PC mania sweeping every aspect of the United States and including football. It hasn't been asked to be removed *yet*.

I don't remember hearing about any problem with the Redskins name in the 70's. Maybe if it was discussed It was more of a local issue in DC and not a national issue? In the late 80's I heard some talk but it was a very small minority (and polls still show those wanting to change the Redskins name are still clearly the minority) but today you have the full weight of the PC crowd who are going to force the issue.

Nothing to do with googling to be scared of anything but googling to show there are many others who are tired of political correctness invading just about every area of our society including football.

Mike Ditka Is Tired Of Political Correctness

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/mike-ditka-is-tired-political-correctness/30376/

The NFL Has Become A Circus Of Political Correctness

http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/the-nfl-has-become-a-circus-of-political-correctness

Scoring A Politically Correct Touchdown Against The Redskins

http://www.returnofkings.com/19827/scoring-a-politically-correct-touchdown-against-the-redskins

Are You Ready for Some Politically Correct Football?

http://www.redstate.com/diary/chrisshugart/2013/05/13/are-you-ready-for-some-politically-correct-football/

Redskins Name Controversy: Proof Political Correctness Is a Liberal Disease

http://conservativesunited.com/political-correctness-redskins/

No it is exactly the point I am making. This is even being brought up today in 2015 because of the PC mania sweeping every aspect of the United States and including football. It hasn't been asked to be removed *yet*.

Yet you feel it's important to bring it up over and over and over again. Even though NO ONE has asked for the Saints logo to be removed and NO ONE has complained about the announcer calling Madden fat...it is your quest to make sure(in this football thread) that we all know about it(like 5 or 6 times)....cause it has EVERYTHING to do with Kenny Stabler....

So to clarify...you are complaining about people who "arent" complaining about the madden video, because "they would if they could" and you are complaining about the people who "arent" complaining about the Saints logo, because "they probably will" and your complaint is that they complain too much(or would if they could.....or will eventually)....correct?

Do you see the irony in complaining about people complaining, who aren't actually complaining? And do you see how it doesn't belong on a sports thread totally on a different(sports) subject??? And do you see how it all spirals out of control, because NOW, even though it's obviously NOT an issue, it has now become an issue? And do you see who and where it all started?(hint, your second post)......

Nothing to do with googling to be scared of anything but googling to show there are many others who are tired of political correctness invading just about every area of our society including football.

The irony is that instead of PC invading my Browns board, it's you political iextremists that cant stop complaining(about people who aren't "yet" complaining") and you have no sense about when or where it's appropriate. There is a "political" board for a reason. And the sports talk should be a refuge from that shit, not a soapbox for your agendas.

So...Kenny Stabler died....rip....then we get....

Pc has gone wrong(3 or 4 times from OBF)

Confederate flags gone

Washington Redskins

The south sucks

Fuck yankees

Blacks riot in Furgeson

Blacks riot in Baltimore

Liberals in Austin

Saints name "not" an issue yet...

Oldbrownsfan....you once sent me a message literally thanking me for being one of the reasonable ones here....remember?....so, why is it that you cant see that the 9 things I just listed above DONT belong on a sports thread and are just baiting.........(constant baiting, just praying someone will disagree, so you can fight about it).....THATS THE ISSUE....

And after dropping the bait(6 times), Tour responds with a counter point and you say you've been attacked....holy jeezus you guys got issues....

You extremists....(both the right and left)....all complain too much and are fucking everything up.... .including this Browns board.......

That's a great attitude, just don't be a hypocrite about it. Someone posts a rant about the South and you're cool with that even though that has nothing to do with the thread and should be in the political section. But glad to see you were the guy leading the way to get the topic back on track but you weren't really were you?

**************************************************************************************************************

Tim Couch Pulls Out, on 11 Jul 2015 - 8:15 PM, said:snapback.png

... but a good one...

It was a quality rant... that was what I commented upon. Not sure where the hypocrisy lies in that... besides in your mind.

What it also was: original. An attribute you have yet to display (How many times are you going to repeat that you do not remember a logo controversy in the 70's?). If you think TC's rant was anti-South, then you either did not read it or did not comprehend it.

And I never claimed to be leading the topic back on track. In fact I said just the opposite. What I did try to do (and failed at) was avoid the derailing spill over of the WSH Logo thread here.

See post #14: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37444&do=findComment&comment=515875

But I'll give it a shot now...

This just in... Kenny Stabler is still dead!

Yet you feel it's important to bring it up over and over and over again. Even though NO ONE has asked for it to be removed and NO ONE has complained about the announcer calling Madden fat...it is your quest to make sure(in this football thread) that we all know about it....cause it has EVERYTHING to do with Kenny Stabler....

So to clarify...you are complaining about people who "arent" co,plaining about the madden video, because "they would if they could" and you are complaining about the people who "arent" complaining about the Saints logo, because "they probably will" and your complaint is that they complain too much(or would if they could.....or will eventually)....correct?

The irony is that instead of PC invading my Browns board, it's you political iextremists that cant stop complaining(about people who aren't "yet" complaining") and you have no sense about when or where it's appropriate. There is a "political" board for a reason. And the sports talk should be a refuge from that shit, not a soapbox for your agendas.

So...Kenny Stabler died....rip....then we get....

Pc has gone wrong(3 or 4 times from OBF)

Confederate flags gone

Washington Redskins

The south sucks

Fuck yankees

Blacks riot in Furgeson

Blacks riot in Baltimore

Liberals in Austin

Saints name "not" an issue yet...

Oldbrownsfan....you once sent me a message literally thanking me for being one of the reasonable ones here....remember?....so, why is it that you cant see that the 9 things I just listed above DONT belong on a sports thread and are just baiting.........(constant baiting, just praying someone will disagree, so you can fight about it).....THATS THE ISSUE....

And after dropping the bait(6 times), Tour responds with a counter point and you say you've been attacked....holy jeezus you guys got issues....

You extremists....(both the right and left)....all complain too much and are fucking everything up.... .including this Browns board.......

I agreed with what you said about the thread being taken over when it was about Ken Stabler and I had made some posts off topic as well as others. But my post I thought was just stating the obvious that today more than ever you have to guard every word you say. It was a light hearted, not mean spirited post and was not directed at anyone on this board. I didn't post that to start a debate, just thought I was stating something most people agree on that we have become way to politically correct and was surprised anyone would even comment on it. I did message you and appreciated the fact if you disagreed with someone you were civil about it and just didn't come back and say you are full of BS, like tour did with my post.

I can't think of anything I posted on the political side of the message board I would apologize for. I tried to keep the political side (which by nature is going to get conservatives and liberals at odds with each other) separate from the Browns football board. Look at my actual posts on the political board and tell me where I went wrong with my posts? To my knowledge I can't think of one time I ever personally attacked anyone on the political board but I did respond and state what I felt. I posted on topics that belonged on the political board. The wrongness is bringing it into the football side of the board but even then you have subjects like Tim Tebow, or Michael Sam or the Washington Redskins which does bring politics into the discussion at times.

Tour also is the one who liked the rant about the South which was off topic and political. I admitted I was wrong for posting off topic and I'm not sure what kind of bait Tour was using to turn the thread back on topic when he voiced approval for the rant about the South.

I remember Stabler as the strong armed qb who could throw the football

anywhere, and crazy long-haired Fred Biletnikoff would be sliding into the turf to

catch it...again and again and again, when I was rooting against the Raiders.

America's colon cancer rates are a huge indication we need to re-eval the way

the large food producers grow our food.

too many pesticides, herbicides, and artificial fertilizers that leaves the soil

sterile, with little minerals and micronutrients.

Sad that Stabler was lost...and that far too many folks still don't know that they should

get colonoscopies at least a first time. If somebody has a family history, it's even more important,

and every 3-5 yrs is a great idea.

Where's General Lee when we need him most?

Funny thing is that even though I was born in the south, my childhood friends would now probably accuse me of being a damn Yankee. That's what happens when you marry one. :wub:

But back to the topic - R.I.P. to a real southern QB.

Primarily the progressive/libfuck Yankee.

Oh how they wish the U.S was like Europe, if they could only get rid of the fuckin South.

Since you can't get rid of it, you must reform it....the South is where the Confederate flag is, the South is where every shotgun and bible is, the South is where every beat up pick up is, the South is where every pro lifer is, the South is where you'll see pregnant barefoot women in the kitchen.

The South is whats wrong with America.

Kenny Stabler...great QB. The Steelers Raiders mirrored each other..the baddest, bloodiest rivalry ever.

Well, the South was where a racist went into a church and murdered 9 innocent people over racial hatred.

Now, I am not saying that such a thing could not happen elsewhere.....but it didn't happen elsewhere.

I mean, if a Muslim comes here and kills innocent people over religion....you probably wouldn't be so flippant about protecting their symbols.

So let's apply an equal standard.

I remember Stabler as the strong armed qb who could throw the football

anywhere, and crazy long-haired Fred Biletnikoff would be sliding into the turf to

catch it...again and again and again, when I was rooting against the Raiders.

America's colon cancer rates are a huge indication we need to re-eval the way

the large food producers grow our food.

too many pesticides, herbicides, and artificial fertilizers that leaves the soil

sterile, with little minerals and micronutrients.

Sad that Stabler was lost...and that far too many folks still don't know that they should

get colonoscopies at least a first time. If somebody has a family history, it's even more important,

and every 3-5 yrs is a great idea.

When I saw this posted on the death of Stabler I was stunned. I hadn't heard anything about him even being ill. I am not so big a fan of other football players outside my homer ism with the Browns but Stabler and Biletnikoff were a couple of may favorite players back in the 70's. (Although with Biletnikoff's longer hair back then I have seen recent photos of him and mother nature has helped give him a haircut today :) ). RIP Snake and thanks for those memories.

Archived