THE BROWNS BOARD

Britain is getting the right idea - stop the unions from having so much power

calfoxwc

The underground here went on strike for a day last week. I don't know exactly, but it costs somewhere in the region of £1bn per day when they go on strike.

I don't mind unions striking, but only in extreme cases - underground workers are extremely well paid. When drivers are earning £50k, and doctors are earning £30k, something is wrong with society.

Anyway, I'm not sure these laws will be passed, and I suspect they're in retaliation to the strike last week, and the next planned for next month.

The underground here went on strike for a day last week. I don't know exactly, but it costs somewhere in the region of £1bn per day when they go on strike.

I don't mind unions striking, but only in extreme cases - underground workers are extremely well paid. When drivers are earning £50k, and doctors are earning £30k, something is wrong with society.

Anyway, I'm not sure these laws will be passed, and I suspect they're in retaliation to the strike last week, and the next planned for next month.

As you know that's my beef with allowing the unions to be monopolies. Seems to me someone could be trained to drive the underground a shit load more easily and quickly than training someone to be a physician.

WSS

I don't mind unions striking, but only in extreme cases

Correct. Public Safety shouldn't be compromised at any cost.

Archived