THE BROWNS BOARD

Here's what the Obama family did

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For sure, though certain things need to be accounted for - he's not exactly going to be going to coney island, or wherever with the great unwashed, for legitimate security reasons. Wherever he travels he'll need to have certain people with him making any holiday expensive compared to you and me. Also, it's not like he's getting all this stuff for free - it's part of the salary package as president.

BTW, I just noticed/remembered - you guys get *zero* statutory holiday days per year? Like, it's perfectly legal for your employer to not give you any vacation *at all* (that's how you do it cleve)?

Please, you basically have a pull cord on your back.

Everyone check your watches...10:07am here but i'm comfortable calling it now, Chris won the internet today. Laugh, my, fucking, ass......right the fuck off. Holy shit, had to spell that out cause lmfao just doesn't cut it when it lands that hard.

Apparently keeping up isn't your particular strong suit. Let's say if somebody from the far right was attacking a left-wing president for moral values yet the right winger was regularly getting drunk and frequenting houses of ill repute...

Which probably happens.

(have logic explain the difference for you)

WSS

Tell you what steve, go find who's house that was he stayed at. Did the dude dodge his taxes, or did he pay his fair share which is the only thing Obama has been saying anyway...not begrudging anyone their wealth. If you find something like that, ok fine we've got something here. But if you don't, than stfu ok thanks.

And everyone should be fair game when they are being a hypocritical douche. The president has come out railing against 1% while using tax payer money to pay for extravagant vacations....just like the very people he tried to rally the masses against. It is actually worse because it isn't his money he is spending on all of this. The rich guy pays out of his pocket. The Obamas are doing this on our dime while crowing on about the evil rich folks.

What part does the president pay for and what part do the taxpayers pay for?

That sounds familiar. As in, happens a lot? How many stories have we seen of a mayor/pastor/good ol' boy talking anti-gay rhetoric, only to be outed via grindr a month later? Or who cheat on their wife or other things.

It's not an uncommon occurrence. My favorite television preacher, Jimmy Swaggart, was once busted with a prostitute. (He's my favorite because of the quality of his theatrics during a sermon) But that was a big deal.

WSS

Tell you what steve, go find who's house that was he stayed at. Did the dude dodge his taxes, or did he pay his fair share which is the only thing Obama has been saying anyway...not begrudging anyone their wealth. If you find something like that, ok fine we've got something here. But if you don't, than stfu ok thanks.

As far as I know everyone pays his or her fair share of taxes. Do you believe otherwise? If so, or even if not shut the fuck up. :)

WSS

Fuck off dude, god damn. Everything with you is "follow along" or "you don't even understand" or whatever passive aggressive bullshit you type out.

You either have an answer or you don't. Don't tell me I don't explain while providing nothing on your end. Just try not being as big of a dick. Go for it...

Fuck off dude, god damn. Everything with you is "follow along" or "you don't even understand" or whatever passive aggressive bullshit you type out.

You either have an answer or you don't. Don't tell me I don't explain while providing nothing on your end. Just try not being as big of a dick. Go for it...

Oh alright hostile little moron.

~ he can go on whatever vacation he wants, visit palaces and eat in the most expensive and elegant restaurants on the planet with hordes of servants catering to his, his wife's and his children's every whim.

After which he can return to the White House and scold rich people for not being sensitive and having too much money.

WSS

No hostile, just annoyed by your act.

And you still haven't answered my question...

Is your question really just about what portion of the vacation should be paid for by the government?

"Since 2001, the president has earned a $400,000 annual salary, along with a $50,000 annual expense account, a $100,000 nontaxable travel account, and $19,000 for entertainment"

So, that's his salary and expenses. Outside of that he pays himself. What's not clear?

What level of presidential vacation is acceptable if you talk about income inequality? Where would you like the President of the United States to vacation?

Chris here is the exact question from your protege. Nothing about what portion should be paid for by whom, merely a snarky and in my opinion stupid, question about where should he go.

WSS

He's being a woodypeckerhead again. What a dimwit.

The question remains, does woodpecker deliberately miss points of

conversations?

or does he just not understand the points, and loves to change

the subjects of discussions more to his engineering pov?

Which often is impossible, I suppose, but he just keeps pecking and pecking and pecking....

and pecking...

Chris here is the exact question from your protege. Nothing about what portion should be paid for by whom, merely a snarky and in my opinion stupid, question about where should he go.

WSS

Where he goes is up to him, he's the same as anyone, has a budget, has interests, and make the two work for each other.

Is your question really just about what portion of the vacation should be paid for by the government?

"Since 2001, the president has earned a $400,000 annual salary, along with a $50,000 annual expense account, a $100,000 nontaxable travel account, and $19,000 for entertainment"

So, that's his salary and expenses. Outside of that he pays himself. What's not clear?

Ok, and what portion of his vacation is paid for out of his pocket and what do the tax payers pay for?

And did I not answer that he can go wherever he wants?

WSS

The question wasn't where can he go. Thr question was where can he go and still talk about income inequality. What vacation would you be ok with him taking if he were to return and talk about a growing income gap? Or is he just not allowed to talk about that at all because he's well off?

Ok, and what portion of his vacation is paid for out of his pocket and what do the tax payers pay for?

Depends. If his vacation is in his back yard, that's probably all expensable. If it's 4 months in Bora Bora, probably he's going to pay for that himself a bit. Why does it matter?

Depends. If his vacation is in his back yard, that's probably all expensable. If it's 4 months in Bora Bora, probably he's going to pay for that himself a bit. Why does it matter?

Well, I'm trying to get the main issue people are having. Whether that's where he's going, the tax payer's expense, or just the vacation in general.

If its about the taxpayer, understanding what we're billed for is important to understand IMO

Archived