THE BROWNS BOARD

My Take from Game 1

stillmotion

On holding... yes, holds occur every play. Since 1978 O-line have been permitted to place their open hands on defenders, it's been a fact of NFL life. But the principles that separate the calls from non-calls are pretty simple: position, duration and effect.
- If you grab the outside of your opponent's frame... you are more likely to be flagged.
- If you pull an opponent to either yourself or the ground... you get flagged.
- If you prevent an opponent from disengaging from you... you get flagged.

It's the last one that bites teams with scrambling QBs. When latched onto an opponent trying his damned best to rush through you, it is unnatural to "give up" control when he suddenly tries to pull away from you.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Good point Tour and explains why an O line would be making a big adjustment from a qb like McCown to a scrambler like Manziel.

Once he tucks and runs he becomes a ball carrier, not subject to the QB protections.

Neither McCown or Manziel "tucks" the ball, they carry it like a loaf of bread. You can't be that careless with the football, that's one of the main reasons why we lost.

The other main reason IMHO is sub par LB play. Nobody out on the edge to make a tackle.

My take is the same as it has been since 1999, and despite all this goofy horse-shit analysis by all you "experts"

• The LBs and DBs aren't covering the corners
  • If (this) didn't happen, and (that) didn't happen, and if we just made (that play) we have a chance to win that game
  • We need more Offensive Linemen

Man, it's ALL the same fucking nonsense with you dick-heads year in and year out.

No QB - No TDs, a defense that gets exhausted, injured and demoralized

No WRs - No TDs, a defense and OL that gets exhausted, injured and demoralized

No RB's - Dito

Weak TE's - Ditto

The Browns consistently have some of the worse talent at the positions that matter most, and asshole fans waste time every year analyzing all this bullshit that has absolutely nothing to do with why the Browns suck cow cocks.

If I owned the Browns I would trade the entire team for offensive linemen. Holy shit, you ass-clowns would cum in your pants, you would be so happy.

When will Manziel be ready? LMAO.

man we need to replace greco. OL first pick next year......

if we do that i'm moving in with you. hope there's enough room in the basement. wait..do trailers come with basements nowadays?

Archived