THE BROWNS BOARD

Obamao must be gay himself. Nominates gay to lead our army.

calfoxwc

Break it down by age. That paints the picture clearly enough. So unless you expect that 65+ demo to outlive the 18-35 demo (or something like that).... It doesn't look good for the anti gay side.

That being said if the death rate is lower than the birth rate, as is the case (and not taking in to account immigration) that's not necessarily going to be a very quick transition. Let's also go out on a limb and suppose that a lot of the immigrants (legal or not-quite-so-legal) come from places like central america, middle east, south asia, where being gay is less widely accepted.

I mean, of course the support will only increase, but there's more to it besides just old anti-gay people dying and young pro-gay people being born.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That being said if the death rate is lower than the birth rate, as is the case (and not taking in to account immigration) that's not necessarily going to be a very quick transition. Let's also go out on a limb and suppose that a lot of the immigrants (legal or not-quite-so-legal) come from places like central america, middle east, south asia, where being gay is less widely accepted.

I mean, of course the support will only increase, but there's more to it besides just old anti-gay people dying and young pro-gay people being born.

I mean, sure, there's not just one variable. But I'd imagine that is the main one (old beliefs dying off). I'd imagine it is related to religion becoming less prominent too.

I mean, sure, there's not just one variable. But I'd imagine that is the main one (old beliefs dying off). I'd imagine it is related to religion becoming less prominent too.

'unaffiliated' has gone from 16% ('07) to 22% ('14) - not really a seismic shift, and not enough on its own to come anywhere near explaining the change. You still have >70% christian of some kind, so at least half of them must be pro-gay (assuming accurate sample representation etc)

Source

'unaffiliated' has gone from 16% ('07) to 22% ('14) - not really a seismic shift, and not enough on its own to come anywhere near explaining the change. You still have >70% christian of some kind, so at least half of them must be pro-gay (assuming accurate sample representation etc)

Source

Right, I'm not saying they match. Just that they're probably related. Though you can be for gay marriage and still be religious.

Dying out of opinions probably helped. Then there's no one to pass it down to the next generation.

If "religiousness" is looked at as a sliding scale, and we're, on average, moving to the less religious side, then I could see it. The more religious you are, then probably the less likely you're pro gay marriage. As we all shift, you can still stay in the "has a religion" range but move enough to be ok with gay marriage

And I realize there are "reasons" brought up by some outside of religion for why gays shouldn't get married, but u have to think it is one of the main drivers.

Either way. We're moving in the right direction.

Opinions change but the bible does not. Although many denominational churches have seen a drop in attendance the evangelical churches have always had steady growth which continues to present. it is in those evangelical churches where the bible is taught as the word of God where there will never be an acceptance of the homosexual lifestyle as it goes against clear teachings of the bible.

Opinions change but the bible does not. Although many denominational churches have seen a drop in attendance the evangelical churches have always had steady growth which continues to present. it is in those evangelical churches where the bible is taught as the word of God where there will never be an acceptance of the homosexual lifestyle as it goes against clear teachings of the bible.

They still represent the minority. People are getting less religious. As education and our understanding of the world increases, religions will see a steady drop off. It makes sense when you have things explained with science that would have been miracles to goat herders from thousands of years ago.

Yes, that all makes sense, but that isn't what you asked. You asked if I would not like it if the president said he's only appointing white, straight, Christian males. Of course I would be against that. But that doesn't mean I want him to only appoint minority groups.

Being against one thing doesn't mean I'm for the exact opposite.

It is what I asked. If it would bother you that the president took one specific group of people and made it clear that he was going to find his candidate from that group. Straight men, I assume, makeup well over 90% of the armed forces.

WSS

They still represent the minority. People are getting less religious. As education and our understanding of the world increases, religions will see a steady drop off. It makes sense when you have things explained with science that would have been miracles to goat herders from thousands of years ago.

People are getting less religious which the bible says right before the Lord returns there would be a falling away from the faith. The prohecies alone in the bible that have been fulfilled speak to it's accuracy. The prophecies that are being fulfilled in front of our eyes today as well. How many nations disappear for thousands of years and then come back as a nation? I can think of only one, Israel. And this was prophesied in the bible that God would scatter the Jews across the earth, that they would keep their identity in foreign countries and in the end times come back to their land. In 1948 that miracle happened and we are living in the times spoken of when all the nations will turn on Israel and the type of destruction spoke of in Revelation is exactly the kind of destruction that would happen with a nuclear war.

Oh geez... There he goes

If I was making a book used to control people based on faith, I'd add a contingency plan in there too about people losing faith. Oh, people are wising up and thinking for themselves? It has been foretold by this great book! Believe more now!

Very smart.

People are getting less religious. Log

I think you have to differentiate between "religion" and "spirituality". We don't go to church, rarely ever have - and the father-in-law is a retired minister. My Wonderful Cute Wife is a "pk" - but their church went through

a nasty church split, and her parents moved to another church in Texas when she was in college.

We both ended up realizing that church took too much time for the wrong reasons...because of people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion

We live, generally speaking, in a faster paced environment. Busy, busy, busy. Long ago, I figured that I was tired of religious acquaintances in church being concerned that I went fishing with my Dad. One day, a few years after

I got out of the Air Force....someone said that to me, after I explained I had, as usual, gone fishing with my Dad...they mentioned that I kept missing a couple of Sundays.....often......

saying it wasn't Christian to not go to church every sunday, at a Bible study social dinner. The table got quiet, stunned friends looked at me... and I stood up, and quietly said "My Dad has been my Dad all my life,a great Dad, - this church has been my church for only two years. I think God knows I have my priorities in order...." ...inside, I was really angry..

I would have gone home, but my great friends intervened, and everybody changed the subject after making

jokes in my defense on the matter. That was the end of my being a part of the Bible study....

It was only a year after my Dad's surgery for colon cancer. "Honor Thy Father and Mother".... not

honor some controlling religious mind-everybody-else's-business zealous church freak members.

Nobody ever said that to me again. And, I had a lot of friends who were very active in the church, but the more they

volunteered, the more they were asked to volunteer. They finally realized they lost their lives with everybody

running them. Religious people dynamics have caused a lot of folks to make that break.

Not so long after that, the church had a second, nasty church split, and I gave it up permanently.

They quit. We know God truly is there, and Jesus died for us. Explaining that would take several books... akin to the

Warren Report, maybe....

But we tossed religion out the window. A lot of folks want their lives back, their freedom back. Spirituality... still there.

So, in my experience, I get a bit annoyed.... when "less religious" is used to equate to "more atheists/agnostics".

Which is how I ended up saying what I said at a one more visit to the New Year Bible study party dinner.

The person apologized to me just as I got there, and I said, with friends being right there at the long

dinner table... "Don't get me wrong - church is a great place to go... except there are people there..."

People are getting less religious. Log

I think you have to differentiate between "religion" and "spirituality". We don't go to church, rarely ever have - and the father-in-law is a retired minister.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion

We live, generally speaking, in a faster paced environment. Busy, busy, busy. Long ago, I figured that I was tired

of religious acquaintances in church being concerned that I went fishing with my Dad. One day, a few years after

I got out of the Air Force....someone said that to me, after I explained I was going fishing with my Dad...they mentioned that I kept missing a couple of Sundays.....often......

saying it wasn't Christian to not go to church every sunday, at a Bible study social dinner. The table got quiet, stunned friends looked at me... and I stood up, and quietly said "My Dad has been my Dad all my life,a great Dad, - this church has been my church for only two years. I think God knows I have my priorities in order...." ...inside, I was really upset..

I would have gone home, but my great friends intervened, and everybody changed the subject after making

jokes in my defense on the matter. That was the end of my being a part of the Bible study....

It was only a year after my Dad's surgery for colon cancer. "Honor Thy Father and Mother".... not

honor some controlling religious mind-everybody-else's-business zealous church freak members.

Nobody ever said that to me again. And, I had a lot of friends who were very active in the church, but the more they

volunteered, the more they were asked to volunteer. They finally realized they lost their lives with everybody

running them. Religious people dynamics have caused a lot of folks to make that break.

Not so long after that, the church had a second, nasty church split, and I gave it up permanently.

They quit. We know God truly is there, and Jesus died for us. Explaining that would take several books... akin to the

Warren Report, maybe....

But we tossed religion out the window. A lot of folks want their lives back, their freedom back. Spirituality... still there.

So, in my experience, I get a bit rankled when "less religious" is used to equate to "more atheists/agnostics".

Real Christian faith is not a religion it is a relationship. A one on one personal relationship with the Lord. The Apostle Paul himself said we work out our own salvation with the Lord. It is an individual thing and not just following a set of rules and regulations. I used the term "religious" in answering to Logic as that is the language most non Christians understand like so and so has "religion" now. Actually Cal in my list of priorities my relationship with the Lord is first and my family would be second with church maybe coming in third or fourth.

So raise your right hand, like some of us have.

well, yea - Im a father of 6 with 4 grandchildren, when my time was back during the Carter Admin,

the Navy recruiter told me it was sub duty and nothing much else.... I said no

My son just left the Air Force in 2013 after 10 years, and if I could brag I would - but I wont

and just simply say Thank you, for serving.

Oh geez... There he goes

If I was making a book used to control people based on faith, I'd add a contingency plan in there too about people losing faith. Oh, people are wising up and thinking for themselves? It has been foretold by this great book! Believe more now!

Very smart.

well that would be as old as free will itself wouldnt it?

People are getting less religious which the bible says right before the Lord returns there would be a falling away from the faith. The prohecies alone in the bible that have been fulfilled speak to it's accuracy. The prophecies that are being fulfilled in front of our eyes today as well. How many nations disappear for thousands of years and then come back as a nation? I can think of only one, Israel. And this was prophesied in the bible that God would scatter the Jews across the earth, that they would keep their identity in foreign countries and in the end times come back to their land. In 1948 that miracle happened and we are living in the times spoken of when all the nations will turn on Israel and the type of destruction spoke of in Revelation is exactly the kind of destruction that would happen with a nuclear war.

Real Christian faith is not a religion it is a relationship. A one on one personal relationship with the Lord. The Apostle Paul himself said we work out our own salvation with the Lord. It is an individual thing and not just following a set of rules and regulations. I used the term "religious" in answering to Logic as that is the language most non Christians understand like so and so has "religion" now. Actually Cal in my list of priorities my relationship with the Lord is first and my family would be second with church maybe coming in third or fourth.

excellent stuff as usual OBF - agree 100%

hello just a response from one of the "bIgots" on this subject -

"Like I said there's no reason to think this guy isn't qualified" ^

I believe that the his most important qualification is that he is gay.

I do not have the time now to expound on this yet - and if the thread doesnt die right now anyways I won t bother.

But after reading a NY Times article this morning - I can explain my reasoning for this OBVIOUS Obama agenda hire .....

yea WSS nabbed the NY Times on another thread and my assertion

as to the relationship of Obama and his agenda isnt too far of a stretch

to try and legitimize in the minds of "todays" soldier about homosexual behavior and

the need to stop the obvious disobeying of orders in matters of conscience where these kids are concerned in Afghanistan.

TOTAL ABJECT DISGUST!

add to this declining recruitment levels and I think one can draw parallels here

well, yea - Im a father of 6 with 4 grandchildren, when my time was back during the Carter Admin,

the Navy recruiter told me it was sub duty and nothing much else.... I said no

My son just left the Air Force in 2013 after 10 years, and if I could brag I would - but I wont

and just simply say Thank you, for serving.

Thank you, for allowing your son to serve also. That's a tough one that I haven't had to face yet.

Archived