THE BROWNS BOARD

Will the Browns ever not be a joke?

Dr.Footwear

Lockett is the last thing we need. Great athlete but not a need of ours

Really? I didn't see too many of our talented receivers giving too many open looks. Oh, I forgot. Our GM does not give much credence to talented receivers as a necessary ingredient to success. They'd rather run our semi-talented backs behind our sometimes talented line for 2 yards and a cloud of dust.

I was at the game so maybe I should re watch it on dvr. What I saw were receivers open downfield often he didn't even see. At least one, if not two shots he did take down were over thrown. Plenty of other open receivers were thrown over and behind. Receivers had to wait for throws to come to them. Just overall poor QB play.

I'm watching highlights. Browns defense did look terrible. OMG! Latavious Murray tore them up. Derek Carr looked like a seasoned veteran. Too bad we passed on him for Justin Gilbert.

I threw out my ROSE COLORED GLASSES ten years ago.

Farmer is NOT a good GM and it shows. PETTINE is questionable. He's a defense coach drafting defensive players and we are worse than last year. We're not getting better but we are getting older. If they don't win next week fire the coaches. Do something!

Farmer drafted WR Vince Mayle who is now a Cowboy. Terence West was never given a chance. Crowell and Duke Johnson look terrible.

Hartline and Benjamin look good but McCown's lack of arm strength lost the game. He's another Hoyer

I don't know who would want to come to Cleveland unless they backed up the Brinks truck.

I can see someone who isn't starting/getting the reps they want deciding to play for the Browns for less than a Brinks truck, especially a younger player agreeing to a short contract looking to stand out on a few plays. He might bet on looking better by comparison (to his teammates) and could claim he would have done even more/better on more consistent and talented team. You'd need someone in the Browns front office who could spot such potential talent on another team and make the right kind of pitch, though. Would have to mix that with getting some aging talent that still wants a couple more seasons. At present I don't see such maneuvering/risk taking as either likely or successful.

I don't know who would want to come to Cleveland unless they backed up the Brinks truck.

To an extent but more important is to hit on your high draft picks. (and not start over every two years)

Backing up the Brinks truck is the same in every NFL city. Thanks to the salary cap all 32 Brinks trucks contain the same amount of cash. And unless I'm mistaken like our friend Mike Brown done in Cincinnati, the owner of the Cleveland Browns pays out substantially less that he has to.

Ownership gets to keep what they don't spend from the salary cap.

And just like picking good draft choices you need to get good free agents even if you do have to back up that truck. Unlike Dwayne Bowe.

WSS

I've said this before...The only way this team will ever get any better is if the NFL itself takes over the team..year after year, the management of this team rolls out a 4-12 / 5-11 team. The NFL can't even put this team on national TV anymore.....This franchise is killing the NFL brand. If you go back and look at the win/losses since the browns came back in 1999/2000 this franchise has had 2 year of playing over 500....not playoff contenders..just over 500..2 years in over 15 years?.....

Maybe this team needs to move again...LA perhaps?....

look at how relevant the Ravens have been since the Browns moved there..perennial playoff team since they went to Baltimore...

now there's a thought..!!

I've said this before...The only way this team will ever get any better is if the NFL itself takes over the team..year after year, the management of this team rolls out a 4-12 / 5-11 team. The NFL can't even put this team on national TV anymore.....This franchise is killing the NFL brand. If you go back and look at the win/losses since the browns came back in 1999/2000 this franchise has had 2 year of playing over 500....not playoff contenders..just over 500..2 years in over 15 years?.....

Maybe this team needs to move again...LA perhaps?....

look at how relevant the Ravens have been since the Browns moved there..perennial playoff team since they went to Baltimore...

now there's a thought..!!

No, gobble my pecker, it's not.

WSS

By the way it happens every day even if I have to do it myself!

I was going to post, "lol... gave post a point as I did not see that coming," but on second thought...

Archived