THE BROWNS BOARD

Michael Vick murdered Eight Dogs

Zombo

And again.. just because you draft someone.. it doesn't mean they're gonna have a great career in front of them. If your gonna tell me every player the stools drafted is/was stellar. Then your full of shit. Doing the homework is only part of the battle. In any excursion there's a bit of luck involved. it's just like Wall Street. You make an investment. There's no guarantee on the investment. Like draft picks. Investments are a crap shoot. I mean if that were the case. Every player that tried out for the team (Steelers) should be great, according to you logic.. Or lack there of.

EDIT: In the 80's and the 90's..Where was all this great drafting prowess by the Stoolers?

Steelers picks since 2010:

2011 31 Cameron Heyward DE Ohio State 2012 24 David DeCastro G Stanford 2013 17 Jarvis Jones LB Georgia 2014 15 Ryan Shazier LB Ohio State 2015 22 Bud Dupree LB

Kentucky

Browns first round picks since 2010:

2011 21 Phil Taylor DT Baylor 2012 3 Trent Richardson RB Alabama 22 Brandon Weeden QB Oklahoma State 2013 6 Barkevious Mingo OLB Louisiana State 2014 8 Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma State 22 Johnny Manziel QB Texas A&M 2015 12 Danny Shelton DT Washington 19 Cameron Erving C Florida State

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no such thing as a Browns fan "trolling" the fan of another team on this board.

This is like the 10th time you have been informed of this.

WTF is it about your Pa. school district education that does not allow you to absorb this simple concept into your mind?

Are you Retard or what?

I mean, hammer the Browns if you want....to be expected. But at least get basic terminology right when you post here.

Whatever you think you know about the outside world...forget it. You come here, use the terminology that applies here.

Uh ok daddy. Why don't you write down the terminology for me so I'll be sure to follow proper etiquette.

Yes.....and it is a fair comment to point out.

And, yes, lets point this out: You got lucky with your picks.

Who says BR could not have turned out to be a Brandon Weeden like pick.

Who says Leveon Bell could not have turned out to be a Trent Richardson like pick.

Josh McCown and Crowell are starting because Weeden and TR were major busts.

So....call a spade a spade.....you got lucky, we didn't. It easily could have been the other way around. In some areas it perhaps has been.

I mean.....where is Evander Hood?

And Jarvis Jones and Ryan Shazier have proven no better than the likes of Barkevious Mingo and Christian Kirksey.

And without BR....the likes of Levon Bell and Antonio Brown may look like Crowell and Andrew Hawkins.

Quarterback lives matter.

I can't believe I'm even responding to this incredibly inept attempt at logic but DID YOU SERIOUSLY TYPE THAT DRIVEL WITH A CLEAR CONSCIENCE? The Steelers are just lucky? That's it? And you say there's no such thing as a Browns troll on this board? You didn't just type that. I'm gonna give you the opportunity to recant this stupidity before I go any further and you can chalk it up to the stress from breaking up with your boyfriend or something. Damn dude we've been through this already and you're about as stubborn as a mule man.

Steelers picks since 2010:

2011 31 Cameron Heyward DE Ohio State 2012 24 David DeCastro G Stanford 2013 17 Jarvis Jones LB Georgia 2014 15 Ryan Shazier LB Ohio State 2015 22 Bud Dupree LB

Kentucky

Browns first round picks since 2010:

2011 21 Phil Taylor DT Baylor 2012 3 Trent Richardson RB Alabama 22 Brandon Weeden QB Oklahoma State 2013 6 Barkevious Mingo OLB Louisiana State 2014 8 Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma State 22 Johnny Manziel QB Texas A&M 2015 12 Danny Shelton DT Washington 19 Cameron Erving C Florida State

I count 6 Browns on your list that are absolute busts. Are you suggesting the players on both teams are of equal value/success? Please tell me you're not.

It's about player evaluation and the browns front office has done a poor job of evaluating players. It was luck for the Steelers to pass on lacy and draft Bell? Drafting Ben wasn't luck either and to compare him to Weeden who was 29 at the draft is comical. Weeden also isn't half the athlete.

Lacy likely would have been just as good as Bell.....is just as good as Bell, at certain aspects.

Yes, it is about player evaluation.......and it was STILL lucky. The Steelers have had as many first round busts over the last decade as the Browns. You just made one hell of a lucky pick that has covered up all those bad picks.

Edit: bell and brown would tear it up on any team in the nfl.

Yes.....with the right QB at the helm like BR.......and you won't have him.

Not sure they will be so good with Vick out there.

2nd edit: did you watch shazier in week two? He's a second year and better than ever lb on your team. Unfortunately he got dinged. Hell he might be our best linebacker and we have some good ones.

Shazier is at best alright....and no, he is NOT any better than any LB on the Browns.

If I don't look at any players drafted by either team over the last 10 years and go by records alone there is absolutely no way your shit makes any sense. Just as many busts? Prove it. I dare you to take a poll today on this board asking what people think of Shazier vs any of your linebackers. Christ, have you read any of the postgame posts on this board today? Do it, I dare you. In Shazier's last game alone he had 15 tackles, a sack, 3 tackles for loss, a caused fumble and fumble recovery. He would have had another sack but there was a penalty on the play that negated it. You got some splaining to do Joey.

Drafting Ben wasn't luck either and to compare him to Weeden who was 29 at the draft is comical. Weeden also isn't half the athlete.

The Rapist went to Miami (OH) (and went to my high school... Ugh) that's fucking luck, no way they knew for a fact he was gonna be the player he is now playing against those MAC defenses. Don't fucking kid yourself lol

I count 6 Browns on your list that are absolute busts. Are you suggesting the players on both teams are of equal value/success? Please tell me you're not.

Who are the 6 you nimrod? Mingo, Weeden, TRich (duh) and who else??? Phil Taylor? Who your shit defense wanted to pick up? Or is it the players who haven't played 2 season yet? Lol

Who are the 6 you nimrod? Mingo, Weeden, TRich (duh) and who else??? Phil Taylor? Who your shit defense wanted to pick up? Or is it the players who haven't played 2 season yet? Lol

Phil Taylor? Yes Phil Taylor. Name me an accomplishment of the non bust Phil Taylor. So you're going to argue Gilbert and Manziel aren't busts? Has either started for any reason other than injury to the guy in front of them? Every indication is they are future stars without question. Nimrod out!

Phil Taylor? Yes Phil Taylor. Name me an accomplishment of the non bust Phil Taylor. So you're going to argue Gilbert and Manziel aren't busts? Has either started for any reason other than injury to the guy in front of them? Every indication is they are future stars without question. Nimrod out!

You are intact a nimrod, you are inept and show no skill in debate.

The Stoolers wanted to get Phil Taylor so bad but since he is going to need another knee surgery they had to pass. Name me an accomplishment of non bust Cam Heyward? 0 QB pressures on 30 rushes last week, that has to be some record

Gilbert? Manzeil? Lol Good thing you weren't the GM of the Colts Peyton Mannings first year, you would have traded him for a conditional 7th rounder.

You are intact a nimrod, you are inept and show no skill in debate.

The Stoolers wanted to get Phil Taylor so bad but since he is going to need another knee surgery they had to pass. Name me an accomplishment of non bust Cam Heyward? 0 QB pressures on 30 rushes last week, that has to be some record

Gilbert? Manzeil? Lol Good thing you weren't the GM of the Colts Peyton Mannings first year, you would have traded him for a conditional 7th rounder.

The fact you are putting Cam Heyward in the same sentence with Phil Taylor is all I need to know about you. So now you're comparing JF and Gilbert to Payton Manning. Brilliant. You're right, I'm no match for your superior debate skills.

Hello! McFly! Is anybody home?

Are you really this fucking obtuse?

Other fucking "internet definitions" DO NO FUCKING APPLY HERE.

Can you really not get that through thick stupid head?

A "Troll" here is a fan of any other team. No Browns fan can be a troll....ALL Steeler fans are trolls.

Please acknowledge this fact of life......or be sanctioned.

Okay Gipper. Everywhere else on the internet a troll is someone that baits for a emotional response. I'm pretty sure you're one of the few that define it just as a member of a rival base. Talk about obtuse. You're a piece of work.

The Rapist went to Miami (OH) (and went to my high school... Ugh) that's fucking luck, no way they knew for a fact he was gonna be the player he is now playing against those MAC defenses. Don't fucking kid yourself lol

They drafted him inside the top 15. I'm pretty sure they had a pretty good idea on the kind of player he could be, only the browns rountiely miss at the top of the damn draft.

It's about player evaluation and the browns front office has done a poor job of evaluating players. It was luck for the Steelers to pass on lacy and draft Bell? Drafting Ben wasn't luck either and to compare him to Weeden who was 29 at the draft is comical. Weeden also isn't half the athlete.

Lacy likely would have been just as good as Bell.....is just as good as Bell, at certain aspects.

Yes, it is about player evaluation.......and it was STILL lucky. The Steelers have had as many first round busts over the last decade as the Browns. You just made one hell of a lucky pick that has covered up all those bad picks.

Edit: bell and brown would tear it up on any team in the nfl.

Yes.....with the right QB at the helm like BR.......and you won't have him.

Not sure they will be so good with Vick out there.

2nd edit: did you watch shazier in week two? He's a second year and better than ever lb on your team. Unfortunately he got dinged. Hell he might be our best linebacker and we have some good ones.

Shazier is at best alright....and no, he is NOT any better than any LB on the Browns.

And this is what he is:

football2.jpg

yea, made of glass.

No running back in the league has bell's vision or patience. He's the best in the nfl. If he were a Brown I would say the same thing.

Edit: I don't even know why I respond to you. The steelers have as many first round busts as the Browns? Are you serious? Ziggy hood. Is the only first round bust I can even think of in the first since Troy fucking Edwards. You sound like an idiot when you say stuff like this and you say it on a routine basis.

I can't believe I'm even responding to this incredibly inept attempt at logic but DID YOU SERIOUSLY TYPE THAT DRIVEL WITH A CLEAR CONSCIENCE? The Steelers are just lucky? That's it? And you say there's no such thing as a Browns troll on this board? You didn't just type that. I'm gonna give you the opportunity to recant this stupidity before I go any further and you can chalk it up to the stress from breaking up with your boyfriend or something. Damn dude we've been through this already and you're about as stubborn as a mule man.

You really really DO like to suck dick....don't you.

Yes....the Steelers are LUCKY......What is it about that you do not understand. You have had fewer bad choices than most other teams in yoiur drafting.

Go back in history and find how many Quarterbacks that were drafted in the top 11 were complete busts. Many, many. You are lucky that you didn't get one of those.

Antonio Brown was what? 3rd or 4th round pick......and now he is one of the best WRs in the game. What is it about that that you don't think is pure luck. If yinzers knew he was going to be this good then why didn't you take him in round one?

And Leveon Bell. Again.....where was he drafted? 2d/3rd round? How many other RBS have been drafted higher than he that have not turned out so well ....including TR?

You are just too arrogant to want to admit that it has been a lot of luck.

Arrogance and stupidity.

See how good all these guys do with your new QB.

No....the Browns have had more busts.....I don't think I ever said otherwise. Its just that you were proclaiming how great your drafts were.

Yet....I do not think there has been a single Pro Bowl appearance out of any of the guys you drafted that are listed above. And yet you claim how great your drafting was.

If I don't look at any players drafted by either team over the last 10 years and go by records alone there is absolutely no way your shit makes any sense. Just as many busts? Prove it. I dare you to take a poll today on this board asking what people think of Shazier vs any of your linebackers. Christ, have you read any of the postgame posts on this board today? Do it, I dare you. In Shazier's last game alone he had 15 tackles, a sack, 3 tackles for loss, a caused fumble and fumble recovery. He would have had another sack but there was a penalty on the play that negated it. You got some splaining to do Joey.

I dare you to take a poll today on this board asking what people think of Shazier vs any of your linebackers

Fine.....do the poll. Anyone is welcome to chime in.

Who here thinks that Shazier is better than any Browns LB?

The fact you are putting Cam Heyward in the same sentence with Phil Taylor is all I need to know about you. So now you're comparing JF and Gilbert to Payton Manning. Brilliant. You're right, I'm no match for your superior debate skills.

Yes.....Phil Taylor performed as well at his job when healthy as Heyward has at his. You are too stupid to know that those two had vastly different jobs.

Taylor was a DT/NT. His job was to eat up blockers. Heyward is a DE.

The key words were "when healthy". Taylor's problems have been a wide assortment of injuries....so he is like Shazier, can't stay on the field.

The Browns run defense problems happen to coincide with Taylor being down...and now out.

If a healthy Phil Taylor were on this defense they would be a lot better.

Okay Gipper. Everywhere else on the internet a troll is someone that baits for a emotional response. I'm pretty sure you're one of the few that define it just as a member of a rival base. Talk about obtuse. You're a piece of work.

Here is a clue for you junior.....My internet interaction consists completely of this Browns Board and one other place that is of a complete different nature. (it is 'travel talk'...and nothing like "trolling" would ever take place there).

So, I don't know and I don't care about the hundreds of other websites/chatrooms/message boards etc. etc. that you may patronize.

So whatever rules you think may apply in all those other places don't apply here.

Deal with that, troll.

No running back in the league has bell's vision or patience. He's the best in the nfl. If he were a Brown I would say the same thing.

Edit: I don't even know why I respond to you. The steelers have as many first round busts as the Browns? Are you serious? Ziggy hood. Is the only first round bust I can even think of in the first since Troy fucking Edwards. You sound like an idiot when you say stuff like this and you say it on a routine basis.

I posted all of your picks since 2010.

Can you tell me if a single Pro Bowl has been made by any one of them?

No busts? Maybe.....but nothing special yet.

(and fyi....it is far too early to tell about Mingo/JFF/Gilbert...lots of quality players didn't get rolling until their 3r-4th years. Its not looking good....but it is too soon to tell.

That would be like me declaring that Jarvis Jones is now a bona fide proven bust. But, of course, that would not be fair or accurate.

Its not looking good for him either, but he still has time.

You really really DO like to suck dick....don't you.

Yes....the Steelers are LUCKY......What is it about that you do not understand. You have had fewer bad choices than most other teams in yoiur drafting.

Go back in history and find how many Quarterbacks that were drafted in the top 11 were complete busts. Many, many. You are lucky that you didn't get one of those.

Antonio Brown was what? 3rd or 4th round pick......and now he is one of the best WRs in the game. What is it about that that you don't think is pure luck. If yinzers knew he was going to be this good then why didn't you take him in round one?

And Leveon Bell. Again.....where was he drafted? 2d/3rd round? How many other RBS have been drafted higher than he that have not turned out so well ....including TR?

You are just too arrogant to want to admit that it has been a lot of luck.

Arrogance and stupidity.

See how good all these guys do with your new QB.

I think it's obvious that there is luck involved in the draft. You can't always know how players are going to adjust to new systems, lots of money, personal circumstances and so on. But for you to say something as stupid as the Steelers success is pure luck is ridiculous. It's like saying the teams don't even choose the players, it's just done by the league and you get what you get. They took Brown in the 6th I believe. At the time they had Ward and Wallace and drafted Emmanual Sanders earlier as well. When certain teams like the Browns always draft early in the rounds and certain teams like the Steelers typically draft later in the rounds, yet the team that always drafts later drafts better I think there's more than luck involved.

Arrogance is refusing to admit you're wrong when all the evidence proves you are. And the fact you don't know that proves you're the dumbass, not me.

Yes.....Phil Taylor performed as well at his job when healthy as Heyward has at his. You are too stupid to know that those two had vastly different jobs.

Taylor was a DT/NT. His job was to eat up blockers. Heyward is a DE.

The key words were "when healthy". Taylor's problems have been a wide assortment of injuries....so he is like Shazier, can't stay on the field.

The Browns run defense problems happen to coincide with Taylor being down...and now out.

If a healthy Phil Taylor were on this defense they would be a lot better.

Taylor was a first round pick what 4 or 5 years ago? He's no longer in the league. If that's not a bust then tell me what is.

I posted all of your picks since 2010.

Can you tell me if a single Pro Bowl has been made by any one of them?

No busts? Maybe.....but nothing special yet.

(and fyi....it is far too early to tell about Mingo/JFF/Gilbert...lots of quality players didn't get rolling until their 3r-4th years. Its not looking good....but it is too soon to tell.

That would be like me declaring that Jarvis Jones is now a bona fide proven bust. But, of course, that would not be fair or accurate.

Its not looking good for him either, but he still has time.

What you fail to consider is players like Mingo and Gilbert and Richardson were taken near the top of the draft. They're supposed to be perennial Pro Bowlers. There's a difference in expectations between the 4th pick and the 24th pick. So far they're busts. Many of the people on this board have said as much.

No....the Browns have had more busts.....I don't think I ever said otherwise. Its just that you were proclaiming how great your drafts were.

Yet....I do not think there has been a single Pro Bowl appearance out of any of the guys you drafted that are listed above. And yet you claim how great your drafting was.

You: "Yes, it is about player evaluation.......and it was STILL lucky. The Steelers have had as many first round busts over the last decade as the Browns. You just made one hell of a lucky pick that has covered up all those bad picks."

I think it's obvious that there is luck involved in the draft. You can't always know how players are going to adjust to new systems, lots of money, personal circumstances and so on. But for you to say something as stupid as the Steelers success is pure luck is ridiculous.

Not all luck.....but a lot of luck.

For anyone to say that there is no luck involved in the draft would have to then proclaim that the choices of say Trent Richardson turning out bad was not bad luck. EVERYONE had him a Top 5 draft pick. The same with Gilbert.....unanimously considered a Top 10 pick. Same with Mingo. All prognosticators had him a Top 10-15 pick

Both Weeden and JMZ were not considered sure thing first round picks.....but they were given no lower than late 1st round, early 2d round by all scouts.

So the Browns HAVE had a lot of bad luck...and the Steelers have had a lot of good luck.

And that's the way it is.

It's like saying the teams don't even choose the players, it's just done by the league and you get what you get. They took Brown in the 6th I believe. At the time they had Ward and Wallace and drafted Emmanual Sanders earlier as well. When certain teams like the Browns always draft early in the rounds and certain teams like the Steelers typically draft later in the rounds, yet the team that always drafts later drafts better I think there's more than luck involved.

Arrogance is refusing to admit you're wrong when all the evidence proves you are. And the fact you don't know that proves you're the dumbass, not me.

No....arrogance is not looking at the truth of the facts in front of you....and denying what they are because you think that you are so high and mighty.

A. The Steelers have not really had that much luck more than the Browns in the mid, late rounds. They have had one outstanding pick: Brown.

B. And the fact is....there is a lot more at play here than talent selection. The fact is....player for player of the 22 starting positions on each team....I would take about 15 of the Browns based on pure talent over the Steeler players.

There is something deeper going on with the Browns and why they cannot succeed. Maybe it is all the front office instability. Maybe the coaching. Maybe the ownership.

Of course there is the QB.....but now for a while I am not sure you have that edge.

Taylor was a first round pick what 4 or 5 years ago? He's no longer in the league. If that's not a bust then tell me what is.

I don't think he is "no longer in the league". He will play again when healthy. He was quite fine for a few years. When he is deemed at top health he will play again.

Are there injury busts? Yes. Could he become one? Sure....but that remains to be seen. I don't think his injuries would necessarily be career threatening. Not like say Tim Couch who tore both his labrum and rotator cuff on his throwing arm. With time Taylor could heal up and be OK.

What you fail to consider is players like Mingo and Gilbert and Richardson were taken near the top of the draft. They're supposed to be perennial Pro Bowlers. There's a difference in expectations between the 4th pick and the 24th pick. So far they're busts. Many of the people on this board have said as much.

I haven't failed to consider where they were chosen. I am only saying that in the case of Mingo and Gilbert the book is still out.

(TR....yea, that book is written. He was a bust).

You: "Yes, it is about player evaluation.......and it was STILL lucky. The Steelers have had as many first round busts over the last decade as the Browns. You just made one hell of a lucky pick that has covered up all those bad picks."

Hey.....haven't you heard? Brandon Weeden is going to lead the Cowboys to the Super Bowl.

Archived