THE BROWNS BOARD

Oh Boy Here We Go

darubes

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the key question for those wanting to throw Johnny in "the deep end" now.

Will you allow him to lose games this year the way the others in his class were allowed to last year as they started all season, or will you throw him under the bus if he isn't Manning or Brady from day one?

If he does start there will be mistakes, but there will also be "from another planet" plays that make you catch your breath. Both are guaranteed.

Just fucking win the football game like he won the last one.

Z

53 different personalities in 1 locker room........ Yea, someone feels like this and expressed himself, and to think otherwise is naive. Not saying it's right or wrong, but getting 3 people to agree on something is hard, much less 53.

Cut that down to 3 od 11. Remember the article says 3 starting O players, not 53 Browns.

Just fucking win the football game like he won the last one.

Z

Won't happen if the OL is a protective non-factor and the running game is zilch. But Cleveland is still Cleveland where the scapegoat will always be the QB and it only takes a few games. Not patience enough here to allow a QB to develop into a bona-fide NFL player. Just look at what is happening to Josh right now. His OL played like shit that first half and the playcalling was predictable. What will change for Johnny? The only reason we won is that he became unpredictable. Predictable coaching is highly underrated. LOL! :lol:

This one from Tom Reed:

BEREA, Ohio – The Browns were blindsided by a TMZ report Tuesday anonymously quoting three offensive starters saying they would prefer Johnny Manziel as their quarterback over Josh McCown.

The club has issued no formal statement although receiver Andrew Hawkins took to Twitter calling the report, "%1000 made up."

Here's how bad things are for the Browns, who own a 1-2 record and begin a brutal stretch of their schedule Sunday in San Diego:

The report might act as a blessing because it shifts focus away from other problems ailing the club. Would Manziel's presence Sunday have limited the defense's 14 missed tackles or helped the offensive line block better on a first-and-goal from the 1 against the Raiders?

Many of the Browns' best players and units are underachieving. Some of the schemes coaches are putting them in deserve questioning. The next two days in Berea, however, will be dominated by the TMZ story in part because the Browns are idle on Tuesdays.

Coach Mike Pettine will be grilled on the topic. So will players. McCown or Manziel? Is there dissent inside the locker room? Is McCown impacted by teammates allegedly "furious" over Pettine's decision to return him to the lineup after Manziel helped the Browns beat the Titans, 28-14 with a pair of long touchdown passes to Travis Benjamin?

Let's put aside questions over the validity of the quotes for a second and put on our common-sense hats.

Wouldn't it be human nature for some teammates to think Manziel is the better option, especially with the improvement he's making? In announcing his decision to start McCown last week Pettine acknowledged there "might be some difference of opinions" in a locker room where you're never getting players "100 percent on board" with big choices.

If Manziel's most vocal critic, Merril Hoge, said the Browns should stick with No. 2 you know there are teammates who feel the same way. Pettine isn't paid to make popular decisions, but NEOMG's Mary Kay Cabot reported Tuesday the locker room generally remains behind McCown, citing his experience and veteran leadership.

My take: Manziel becomes the starter within a few weeks assuming the losses continue. The organization will have ample time to evaluate whether he's the Browns' quarterback of the future.

We're back to quoting media ramblings as FACT? AAAAARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I call bullshit & I've been pretty accurate about media inaccuracies, gossip, & speculation thus far.

Mike

I guess you Texas fags don't like winning, you're all about Johnny's career. Sorry that my "Keep it up" post led you to make premade excuses about the rest of the team sucking.

Go home, fags.

Zombo

You only value winning in the short term. ie. what this team has done for 15 years (to no success). I didn't say anything about the rest of the team sucking in the post I responded to, though by your standard, many would have been pulled by now. Johnny would take lumps as a starter and he wouldn't win every game. That's just a fact.

And I'm still for McCown starting one more week. He's not the issue with this team. Thanks.

Z-folks here just are in denial of the real problem in Cleveland. 23 QB's since 1999 and it's all their collective faults? Really?

There was a reason most folks at A&M thought JM had lost his mind asking to go to QB death valley.

It's not an excuse. Most people not in Browns country are fully aware of that fact. It's a dysfunctional organization supported by fans who get upset when people come on here trying to change the status quo. Doing the same old things the same old ways gets the same old results.

There is plenty of time for that. It's only the fourth game. If you start McCown,

and he does great, everybody's good.

If he doesn't, you justifiably put JM in, and McCown will have seen enough of

the defense to advise JM on the sidelines if need be.

It doesn't work the same the other way around....

I'm giving McCown one more game.

Here is the key question for those wanting to throw Johnny in "the deep end" now.

Will you allow him to lose games this year the way the others in his class were allowed to last year as they started all season, or will you throw him under the bus if he isn't Manning or Brady from day one?

If he does start there will be mistakes, but there will also be "from another planet" plays that make you catch your breath. Both are guaranteed.

Ag- See above- if we lose to the Chargers with McCown- MHO is continuing to play Josh = more losses. If we're going to lose anyway- might as well put the young guy in with potential upside. McCown has none.

This one from Tom Reed:

My take: Manziel becomes the starter within a few weeks assuming the losses continue. The organization will have ample time to evaluate whether he's the Browns' quarterback of the future.

Pettine better be thinking the same way.

Hoorta-I agree. Josh deserves a chance to look like he did 90% of the second half to get us back within reach at he end.

PS-and the excuse for Josh is the same as for JM. Give him a decent running game and time in the pocket. I felt he was rusty most of the 1st half and a real running game could have kept the ball out of Carr's hands. And it did not help that the D just could not stop the Raiders. If some want to call that pre-made excuses, that does not make it less accurate. Teams win football, not just QB's.

As a Browns fan and season ticket holder,last week sucked! The Tennessee game with Johnny was really fun......so..losing sucks,winning does not,obviously. I have no interest in extending the career of a has been back up.This is not a super bowl team,play Johnny and see what happens.I am seriously losing faith in Pettine. Just because you look like you should be a good coach,does not make you a good coach.I want a coach who is pissed that everybody is not playing to there potential,and inspires them to achieve greatness. Good coaches inspire average players to achieve. McCown???,do you really think that 9? other teams were wrong about him? Pettine should get his dumb bald head out of his ass.

Z-folks here just are in denial of the real problem in Cleveland. 23 QB's since 1999 and it's all their collective faults? Really?

There was a reason most folks at A&M thought JM had lost his mind asking to go to QB death valley.

It's not an excuse. Most people not in Browns country are fully aware of that fact. It's a dysfunctional organization supported by fans who get upset when people come on here trying to change the status quo. Doing the same old things the same old ways gets the same old results.

Which one of those 23 QBs went on to success elsewhere?

I'm waiting ...

So you are all mad at me because I want Johnny to build on the success of his last start and win more games?

Our goal is to win the division. Beating San Diego is paramount.

If McCown cant win, maybe Johnny can. Quit being pussies ... its not about "bringing him along" or "Seeing what we have" ... It's about winning a football game this week.

Give me the best guy. When Johnny gets his next chance I want to see him use his skills to win again ... and that makes me a bad Browns fan how?

Z

Wow.

In general, I expect things to get a little worse when an inexperienced QB goes in. I think it's totally reasonable.to think that it's probably more realistic to expect some ugly moments, particularly when the team is not exactly Vince Lombardi material, but to hope that the kid and the team and fans can weather the growing pains enough to ultimately have a chance to get a return on the investment. Otherwise, you know, a franchise might find itself cycling through QB's with a frequency that is kind of entertaining to your rivals... of course, that couldn't happen in Cleveland...

I hope he goes in and wins like crazy this year. I just don't expect it. I think it's more reasonable to hope that he goes in, proves he's viable, and wins like crazy next year or the year after...

We have selected 23 bad quarterbacks in a row.

We havent let any of them go too soon.

Atlanta let Bret Favre go too soon.

None of the shitheads we let go amounted to anything. The best of the bunch is a backup collecting a check in Carolina.

We didn't "ruin" any of them. They weren't cut out for tha NFL. It's a Big Boy league. I was impressed with Johnny's last start, and if he starts again I expect more wins, not excuses. Lot's of rookie QBs are rocking the NFL by year two, I expect him to be one of them.

We couldn't hand pick a better offensive line to give him a cockpit, so please quit with the gay ass excuses. We had 340 yards passing last week and a big win the week before, let's build on that and quit making pussy ass excuses for "my guy".

Z

The fact that none went on to success elsewhere is more indicative of how critical it is to succeed with the team that drafted you (as opposed to going elsewhere) than it is their lack of talent. You actually think 23 QBs, many in the first round, all didn't have NFL talent? That's a serious coincidence.

All we said is that you'll have to take lumps if he starts, and the fans should be patient. I take it by your posts that you're not willing to extend that patience. No one is against him building on what he did week 2 and no one is against winning. Don't build straw men.

Who's "rocking the NFL" in year 2 at QB? You wasted 8 hours of your life telling me Bridgewater sucked. Despite our defense making him look like a world beater, Carr is not THAT good, and even if he is, he's certainly had some awful games (which is all Ag asserted about Johnny--that he would have some bad games). Bortles blows. Adjust your expectations.

The fact that none went on to success elsewhere is more indicative of how critical it is to succeed with the team that drafted you (as opposed to going elsewhere) than it is their lack of talent. You actually think 23 QBs, many in the first round, all didn't have NFL talent? That's a serious coincidence.

All we said is that you'll have to take lumps if he starts, and the fans should be patient. I take it by your posts that you're not willing to extend that patience. No one is against him building on what he did week 2 and no one is against winning. Don't build straw men.

Which one do you think was really talented that Cleveland gave up on too soon?

Zombo

Which one? Which fucking one?

We have been awful at selecting QBs.

Historically awful.

But not one of them was worth a twat afterward or let go too soon.

Z

It's not just about not giving them time. It's about having the right situation around them, giving them enough prep time, etc. But per usual, you find one argument and Use it with no ability to see any context.

You're a fucking walking excuse.

Ben, Dalton and Flacco all got thrown into the fire and survived.

We have a Hall of Fame left tackle, an All Pro Center, and the other three linemen are pretty damn solid. Barny and Hartline are solid vets that provided 200 yards of offense last week. Travis Benjamin is as fast as anybody in the leage and a legit playmaker two years after the knee injury. Crow and Duke have thunder and lightning potential.

Prep time my dick.

Derek Carr looked like a surgeon last week. I expect the same from Johnny, and if MxCown starts, I expect even more.

Not one fucking QB we have drafted since 99 got the short end of the stick. They just weren't good enough. And thats on our front office. Manziel is on Farmer. I believe in him after what I saw last week.

Prep time my penis ... get in there and do your thing, we got your back.

Z

By "lots", I assume you mean some arbitrary absolute number in your head, which, nevertheless, represents a distinct minority of all samples...

No it means, I expect Johnny to be one of the better ones, you dumb phuck.

Z

Bridgewater and Carr, drafted behind him, look fine. Johnny, drafted ahead of them, is the more talented prospect. Quit being an excuse-making motherfucker all your life, Faded, get a set, and root for the team. Johnny is better than these assfuckers, they were drafted by bad teams too, quit making excuses, Johnny can do this.

Z

Well, I'm glad Johnny has won you over in such a big way.

(and you spelled it wrong, anyway)

Well, I'm sorry you dont have enough confidence in him to not make premade excuses, Ass Fuck.

Zombo

--Did I spell your Mom's nickname better that time?

Man, dude, I was just sitting on my tail in a swivel chair, kind of half-heartedly arguing about football while thinking about whether I should cram down one more little chocolate doughnut, but now I feel like I should go climb a mountain or fight a lion or something...

The lion would not fight back. He would sense your gayness and take pity on you.

Z

You're a fucking walking excuse.

Ben, Dalton and Flacco all got thrown into the fire and survived.

We have a Hall of Fame left tackle, an All Pro Center, and the other three linemen are pretty damn solid. Barny and Hartline are solid vets that provided 200 yards of offense last week. Travis Benjamin is as fast as anybody in the leage and a legit playmaker two years after the knee injury. Crow and Duke have thunder and lightning potential.

Prep time my dick.

Derek Carr looked like a surgeon last week. I expect the same from Johnny, and if MxCown starts, I expect even more.

Not one fucking QB we have drafted since 99 got the short end of the stick. They just weren't good enough. And thats on our front office. Manziel is on Farmer. I believe in him after what I saw last week.

Prep time my penis ... get in there and do your thing, we got your back.

Z

Look at me I curse a lot! My points must be totally valid!

Cincinarti was and is one of the most loaded teams in the league. If you think Pittsburgh had no talent you're delusional. Baltimore had plenty as well. And they were the type of talent that actually produced, rather than ours (which looks great on paper, to address your next point, but plays averagely in actual football games so far this year).

So the front offices that were inept enough to miss on 23 selections made 0 mistakes in any of the ancillary components of developing a quarterback? Wow. Again, that's some coincidence.

It's hilarious that you support the McCown pickup, support him starting, etc. but now are apparently pissed at the notion that Johnny's not ready to go. What, pray tell, was your reasoning for supporting McCown in the first place then? You thought he might be the franchise guy? Your inconsistency is glaring.

You say "we got your back," so if Johnny has a terrible game, will you continue to support him? If you say yes, then we're on the same page. No point to this conversation. But if you just needed an outlet for a logic-free rant and your filthy mouth, then I'm happy to have helped.

Archived