THE BROWNS BOARD

Weekly Rock n Roll Trivia

I have been doing this on Facebook for a while now. Here is a set of 5 R&R Trivia questions that I posted today.

Here is your weekly Rock n Roll Trivia Quiz: 5 questions:

1. What was the name of Ted Nugents band?

2. What popular TV Theme song did Janis Joplin record as a birthday present for John Lennon?

3. What does the BJ stand for in BJ Thomas? (Raindrops singer)

4. What colleges did Kris Kristofferson attend?

5. What 2 rock icons died in the same apartment 4 years apart?

I have been doing this on Facebook for a while now. Here is a set of 5 R&R Trivia questions that I posted today.

1. What was the name of Ted Nugents band? Ted Nugent and the Nugentites

2. What popular TV Theme song did Janis Joplin record as a birthday present for John Lennon? Game of Thrones

3. What does the BJ stand for in BJ Thomas? (Raindrops singer) Barkevious Janquarin

4. What colleges did Kris Kristofferson attend? Kristchurch?

5. What 2 rock icons died in the same apartment 4 years apart? Donny and Marie Osmond?

As you can tell, my music knowledge is not so great.

Yes, you really do suck. Surprising for a Brit who are usually more up on this stuff. Too much soccer nonsense rolling around in your head apparently. :o

Before my time largely, and I'm not that in to music. Trivia doesn't hold much interest for me.

I think the main reason for baby boomer music being overrated is it is played to death

If I never hear Boston, Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, again, I will not miss it

I think the main reason for baby boomer music being overrated is it is played to death

If I never hear Boston, Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, again, I will not miss it

But, it got that stuff being played to death for you to not want to hear it again. Most of your stuff leaves you with that same feeling after one listening.

Very good and sucks balls are subjective descriptors.

I recently heard a couple radio personalities yammering about rock music stating one of them believed that Green Day was one of the greatest 5 American groups of all time.

My personal opinion is that no group comes close to the Beatles for influence and impact in the United States and worldwide. And it is unlikely with the explosion of media that there will ever be another in that category.

WSS

1. What was the name of Ted Nugents band?

2. What popular TV Theme song did Janis Joplin record as a birthday present for John Lennon?

3. What does the BJ stand for in BJ Thomas? (Raindrops singer)

4. What colleges did Kris Kristofferson attend?

5. What 2 rock icons died in the same apartment 4 years apart?

I will give the answers since you all have seem to forgotten what this thread is supposed to be about:

1. The Amboy Dukes

2. Happy Trails, Roy Rogers show song

3. Billie Joe

4. Pomona College and Oxford

5. Mama Cass Elliot and Keith Moon.

I will give the answers since you all have seem to forgotten what this thread is supposed to be about:

1. The Amboy Dukes

2. Happy Trails, Roy Rogers show song

3. Billie Joe

4. Pomona College and Oxford

5. Mama Cass Elliot and Keith Moon.

I would guess Billy Joe would be spelled with a Y and not an IE.

WSS

Maybe next week I will tailor a trivia quiz around the music you whippersnappers listen to. What era/genre would you like me to come up with some stuff?

I mean, how much of Right Said Fred, Ace of Base and Hanson can I come up with?

You seem to have the impression that most modern music was originated by one hit wonders, whereas I have a slightly opposite feeling. It's just the era we grew up in that dictates our core tastes, then we hear bits and piece from elsewhere. Bands like Oasis, Blur, Coldplay, Blink, Green Day, Offspring - these guys were/have been around for decades.

On the other hand, the music scene these days is less 'out of control' - at least relative to the rest of society - that the things they do seem trivial (if you'll excuse the pun) in comparison to the who, the stones etc.

Only in here could you have people getting pissed about music time periods. Who gives a fuck what someone else thinks? Its what you like that matters.

I'm not sure anybody's getting pissed about it, just having discussions.

Archived