THE BROWNS BOARD

Willie Snead

gftChris

I know some people were high on him here. Seems he's found a home in NO, and has 400+ yards on the season. Not too bothered about us letting him go, we had other issues and other better players at the time, Gabriel being one of them.

I'm actually just pleased he's coming good for someone.

I know some people were high on him here. Seems he's found a home in NO, and has 400+ yards on the season. Not too bothered about us letting him go, we had other issues and other better players at the time, Gabriel being one of them.

Ya, he was a final cut, kept Gabriel over him. Can't lament too much over that. Farmer is good at finding those undfa, now if he could only hone his first round drafting skills.

Zombo

I remember our radio guys being high on him as well. Snead didn't do any one thing great, but did everything well and just caught the ball. It's a shame because the way our offense appears to be trending, we need all of the guys we can get that can make a play with a well timed pass. McCown is obviously not perfect, nobody is, but lately he's doing a tremendous job of getting the ball to our guys in the perfect place so they can catch and run. I don't remember us getting hardly ANY yards after catch last year. This year, our RB's, TE's, AND WR's are all getting some great YAC.

I hate to even mention his name, but you know who we are desperately missing, right? Yeah...you guessed it. Josh Gordon. Can you imagine him playing with our offense the past couple weeks? I know a lot of people on this board are probably cursing my name for even mentioning him, but for some reason...I still have hope. I have hope that he'll be with us again.

Nothing wrong with hoping Josh comes back, he's a legit top 5 receiver after all.

We just can't rely on him, it's more hope than expectation with him.

It's a nice bonus if he's available and playing at a high level. Otherwise, plan without him.

Yeah, I totally agree. I work in social services, so I have a severe soft spot for people working out issues. I hate to see lost potential, and Josh Gordon has the most natural ability I have seen in a wide receiver since Randy Moss. I remember seeing Randy Moss practice while a freshman at Florida State (before he was asked to leave), and you could tell by looking at this skinny kid that he was something different. Josh has that same look. I really wish our team would make some kind of statement saying they are in contact with him (if they are allowed) and that Josh is doing well and working out. Due to his suspension, I believe his contract remains on hold, and he will be technically with us if/when he gets reinstated. I don't want to hijack the thread, but I've been thinking a lot about this guy.

Snead? Meh...

What got me last nite was the 2014 deja vu' of seeing our old Offense played by guys in red uniforms. All the PAP... the bootlegs... looked good for the better part of a quarter, too.

Oh cool! I was a Willie Snead guy! Hell, l thought he was out of football. Glad he's doing well!

Yeah, he and Gabe seemed comparable in size. Seemed the thought last year was Gabe had the speed and Snead had the hands. Not sure how valid any of that was at the time, just the recollection l had.

I remember our radio guys being high on him as well. Snead didn't do any one thing great, but did everything well and just caught the ball. It's a shame because the way our offense appears to be trending, we need all of the guys we can get that can make a play with a well timed pass. McCown is obviously not perfect, nobody is, but lately he's doing a tremendous job of getting the ball to our guys in the perfect place so they can catch and run. I don't remember us getting hardly ANY yards after catch last year. This year, our RB's, TE's, AND WR's are all getting some great YAC.

I hate to even mention his name, but you know who we are desperately missing, right? Yeah...you guessed it. Josh Gordon. Can you imagine him playing with our offense the past couple weeks? I know a lot of people on this board are probably cursing my name for even mentioning him, but for some reason...I still have hope. I have hope that he'll be with us again.

Why are we desperately missing Josh again? We're 8th in overall offense, 6th in passing.

Unless Josh can play LB, CB or OL...his effect isn't felt that much. I do love him, but his absence is barely felt right now.

Why are we desperately missing Josh again? We're 8th in overall offense, 6th in passing.

Unless Josh can play LB, CB or OL...his effect isn't felt that much. I do love him, but his absence is barely felt right now.

Red zone. Our wr-by-munchkins is great until we get down there.

Another ex-Brownie munchkin from the same camp is doing well in New England.....ala Dion Lewis.....

Dude was pretty shifty when he was here. but got sliced by an injury and good camps from Crow and West.....

Glad he's doing well though.....too bad its for Bullycock

The guy who could benefit most from seeing this story unfold might be Josh Lenz. With the injury volumes as big as we see them - there has to be at least 1 of 32 teams that could find use for him.

New Orleans also gave Lance Moore a chance after Cleveland cut him. That turned out pretty good for them and Moore.

Archived