THE BROWNS BOARD

Sacks

letsgojackets

Where are they and why can't we even hit the quarterback? 3 games in a row? Is it time for Jim O'neil to go or do we not have the personnel to rush the passer?

Isn't it obvious that it's personnel for the most part? I mean these guys can't beat their man once a game save occasionally the interior guys who fight through a double team. Our edge rushers are Shiite, it's that simple. It's especially frustrating to watch Kruger try the same move every time upfield for the last 3 years. I've complained about his edge skill so many times over the last 3 years i'm sick of talking about it. I still cannot believe that no linebacker or D line coach has taken him aside and said hey Paul, ever think about leaning into the edge? He can't do it i'm convinced. I'm absolutely certain there's some kind of brain muscle connection that disallows him from getting low and digging in to the edge. Like somebody that will never swing a golf club properly no matter how many times they get shown how to do it.

How many sacks do the Browns have through 6 games? Wouldn't you think the game plan for yesterday would have been a little more aggressive? Manning looks horrible all year! He can't move or throw the long ball. This to me was a wasted opportunity to beat up on Manning and be dominant! I am pissed that a 39 year old came in to OUR stadium and beat us. AGAIN.

Orchards been playing, remains to be seen if he pans out. He hasn't impressed me yet. He has less dynamic pass rushing skills than Kruger. The guy who disappointed me Sunday was Armonty. Like he wasn't coming off the ball explosive at all and wasn't really doing any kind of moves when he met the blocker. Almost looked like he's dinged up again.

Personell for me, it's not difficult to rush the QB from a scheme point of view, players just aren't getting there.

Dunno, LB...

I see D's against us using DL to block our OGs in our OTs with OLBs looping through gaps that are created (both OAK and SD did this). I see our rushers staying in lanes... rushing into bodies even when we blitz.

Even LBs coming off "covering" TEs or RBs lined up tight... we don't do much of that and we saw its effectiveness yesterday.

We just seem to depend on personnel winning one-on-one battles when one on zero are a lot easier to win.

Orchards been playing, remains to be seen if he pans out. He hasn't impressed me yet. He has less dynamic pass rushing skills than Kruger. The guy who disappointed me Sunday was Armonty. Like he wasn't coming off the ball explosive at all and wasn't really doing any kind of moves when he met the blocker. Almost looked like he's dinged up again.

armonty needs to go..he stinks...he really does...

Orchard and Cooper were good draft picks. Play them before the season is lost. Play them

Exactly. We shuffle players in and out constantly, there's no continuity at all. Nobody gets a feel for the game,it's stupid.

Exactly. We shuffle players in and out constantly, there's no continuity at all. Nobody gets a feel for the game,it's stupid.

This is stupid. were short handed at DB's playing shorthanded & expect them to cover far to long. Than we run sideline sprints with 300 lb'ers all game that can't get 10 yrds. to a QB. Stick with your best talent on D & stop guessing the next play called.

Ya know, when it comes to Peyton Manning, normally I would say that he has such good control of his offense, and knows defenses so well that it's difficult to sack him. But not now. There were MANY TIMES when he was sitting back in the pocket all damn day, and we couldn't even sniff his Papa John's Pizza breath. And it's not like this is a problem that only surfaced against the Broncos. We had ONE game where we got good pressure, and that was against a rookie who held onto the ball WAY too long. Most of the Titans sacks weren't because we did something right, they came because the rookie didn't know what he was doing.

I have no idea what's wrong with our pass rush, I only know that it appears that OUR QUARTERBACK has about zero damn time to find someone, and opposing quarterbacks sit back there all day and pick us apart. Heck, the one sack we had against Flacco came because he freaking tripped. Paul Kruger looks VERY slow this year, and he's not getting home. I realize the Broncos are the best, but they usually rushed four people and were getting pressure, and if they brought more, we were totally screwed. Our team was supposed to be built on defense. Our coach was supposed to be good at creating schemes. Nothing, and I mean nothing is working out. Yeah, we got three turnovers last game, but we obviously still lost the game (The Colts game from last year come to mind?)

I don't have any answers, I only know that I'm so angry...more than I have been in a long time. I absolutely HATE blowing a team up and starting over. As a fan, it's the worst. But what are we supposed to hope for? That our coach will somehow figure something out on defense? That he will magically come up with the right idea of how to actually stop the run? We don't set the edge, and we never have. I have no clue what will happen this season, but it sure feels like this last game may have taken it out of our team. That loss combined with the Johnny crap...makes it feel that we're spiraling down the rabbit hole of frustration, incompetence, and failure.

I agree with everyone that says we are shuttling the front seven in and out too much.

Players aren't getting into flow if the game and the 300 lbers are already gassed when they line up against linemen who play every snap yet are not gassed.

Z

The Panthers only have 3 more total sacks than we do and what is their record? Our D is coming together. I seen good things this last game. And with the win @ Baltimore

what's the Panthers hurry stats? without knowing for sure i'm gonna assume they're around the QB a lot more than we are. I will give some of the credit to manning, he was getting rid of the ball quick so our rush did't have time to get there. But we do have some serious skill deficiencies on the edge..of that there is no question. Our edge guys just are not that capable. None of them need either double teamed or chipped, even against 2nd stringers.

Kruger for one has been completely nerfed from the weight they dropped off him since his days at Blt. First with Horton than with Oneil. He's just not that explosive anymore. He's not a 3-4 OLB'er.

well if you're from and a fan of an ohio team you'd prob want bosa.

or someone from toledo, kent state, bgsu, ohio u, akron etc. etc.

but in realization how come the browns never draft in-state? meanwhile the steelers love these guys.

Archived