THE BROWNS BOARD

Sacks

letsgojackets

well if you're from and a fan of an ohio team you'd prob want bosa.

or someone from toledo, kent state, bgsu, ohio u, akron etc. etc.

but in realization how come the browns never draft in-state? meanwhile the steelers love these guys.

I remember reading somewhere how the Steelers scouts and Buckeyes personnel are tight, Steelers get all the inside track on their players

I also think our atrocious run defense has something to do with our low sack numbers. Teams aren't in 3rd and long as much against a team that can't stop the rush, so the defenders aren't able to pin their ears back and get after the QB. I know that's not the case all the time, as even when we DO get teams 3rd and long we don't sniff the QB, but perhaps our run D has something to do with it. But what I really think it comes down to is personnel. We don't have "that guy" that teams have to fear. Nothing from Desmond Bryant last game, Kruger looks slow and ineffective, and even when we blitz, our players appear to be absorbed by the OL. It's freaking awful. As I keep saying, what future does a defensive coach have in the league when he can't coach defense? Yeah, I know we had some huge turnovers (finally), but it somehow wasn't enough. Reminds me of the Colts game last year (at least we drilled Luck a few times, and that penalty for roughing the passer STILL pisses me off).

Let me guess who you have in mind, Some Buckeye?

You psychic? How'd you guess? lols

Yeah I want that 6'6 280lb beast. He's already as strong as any of our guys plus he goes around the edge better. Holds up at the point better, maintains his lateral vision around the blocker to diagnose run plays. I can't say enough about this guy. Of course he might bust. Khalil Mack might have busted too but a lot of us, including myself, badly wanted us to draft him. And look he was the best run stopper in football his rookie year. "Run stopper"....these kids coming out of college are NFL ready these days. The power and explosiveness I see from Bosa right now, is NFL ready. Of course whoever drafts him...I hope would make him even stronger and faster. But you put him on our roster right now...he might be the most skilled player on our front 7

If I were to draft somebody I would draft from the SEC they have the best D and play tougher teams and would help stop the run. But 1 thing I know for sure is our D needs big help stopping the run. I remember our D from my childhood and teams were afraid of our d, We need a M. Dean Perry and an Eric Turner, etc Our D was bad ass

If I were to draft somebody I would draft from the SEC they have the best D and play tougher teams and would help stop the run. But 1 thing I know for sure is our D needs big help stopping the run. I remember our D from my childhood and teams were afraid of our d, We need a M. Dean Perry and an Eric Turner, etc Our D was bad ass

We should definitely take more southerners. They play with more abandon by and large.

Our best defenders are from Louisiana Tech, Auburn, and Florida.

thank you sir. thank you.

We should definitely take more southerners. They play with more abandon by and large.

and rob and steal with more abandon. their defense lawyers have to point out on the documents where to sign and use their own names and sigs.

F it. if the dude can put the QB on his ass every play i'll take the dude with his butt stuck to the wall.

This defense is way over micro managed.. Take off the kid gloves Pettine.. And let these kids run.. you dumb asshole!

Though, that DE for Penn St. the other day was a killer pass rusher. Don't recall the name.

I dont remember his name either, but they said he had like 10 sacks already(or something like that)......

But looked extremely lean(thin) ala Barkevious Mingo.........

Mingo was from the SEC. Gerard Warren was from the SEC.

So much for that theory.

Michael Dean Perry played at Clemson....ACC fyi.

E-Rock: UCLA....Pac 12 fyi.

I dont remember his name either, but they said he had like 10 sacks already(or something like that)......

But looked extremely lean(thin) ala Barkevious Mingo.........

Carl Nassib. He's long and rangey which is how he's getting his sacks. Skillwise he's potential NFL material but has a long way to go physically to be effective at the next level. He's nowhere near Bosa physically.

Mingo looked great in school and still may find his A game (I doubt it though) But He is only 1 guy he needs a team around him as well as any player.

While I agree with you in part.. He could also be the kind of player that makes everyone around him better too... But apparently.. That just is not the case..

Im SEC gun shy right now.......last three we picked high were Manziel, Mingo and Trent Richardson......all MEGA stars in the SEC.....

It is what it is.....

Only one on defense.

Like I said, our best 3 defenders are southern.

Only one on defense.

Like I said, our best 3 defenders are southern.

Really? I don't know about that. Here are the starting defensive players and their schools:

Starks: Maryland

Bryant: Harvard

Shelton: Washingtion

Dansby: Auburn

Mingo: LSU

Kruger: Utah

Kirksey: Iowa

Haden: Florida

Gipson: Wyoming

Whitner: Ohio St.

Williams: La Tech

Are you saying that Dansby, Haden and Williams are our best defenders?

Not so sure. The Big Ten guys may be just as good: Kirksey, Whitner, Starks

And the Western guys aren't bad: Kruger, Gipson, Shelton

then there is the Ivy Leaguer!!!!

(go Ivy League)

And the one "southerner": Mingo...is likely replaceable with a guy from East Central Oklahoma, Armonty Bryant

You're right, the entirety of our 29th ranked defense (or whatever it is) is good enough for the discussion. Cmon man.

Well, it is those "southern boys" that you claim are the leaders of this 29th ranked defense. Not doing much of a job.

Maybe give us some Northern boys like JJ Watt....Wisconson. Darrelle Revis....Pitt. Luke Keuchley..Boston College. Richard Sherman....western boy...Stanford. A boy named Suh from Nebraska.

Why don't we just get good players regardless of where they are from. As noted, some of these SEC guys haven't quite worked so well for us.

You psychic? How'd you guess? lols

Yeah I want that 6'6 280lb beast. He's already as strong as any of our guys plus he goes around the edge better. Holds up at the point better, maintains his lateral vision around the blocker to diagnose run plays. I can't say enough about this guy. Of course he might bust. Khalil Mack might have busted too but a lot of us, including myself, badly wanted us to draft him. And look he was the best run stopper in football his rookie year. "Run stopper"....these kids coming out of college are NFL ready these days. The power and explosiveness I see from Bosa right now, is NFL ready. Of course whoever drafts him...I hope would make him even stronger and faster. But you put him on our roster right now...he might be the most skilled player on our front 7

First off let me say I love me some Bosa! I remember telling people when he was a freshman he could very well be the next JJ Watt, pretty sure i posted it somewhere here too.

Of course Id be all in if the Browns were to draft him. But lets put Bosa aside for now, theres another Buckeye id love to see on the Browns DL, Adolphus Washington. Wow is he explosive off the ball or what? Hes a dual threat on the DL, can eat a QB or RB up and beats double teams regularly.

From what ive seen so far, he's projected to be a 3-4 DE. If the Browns dont end up taking Bosa, id LOVE for them to target Washington in the 2nd. I also like what ive seen from Sam Hubbard, Bosa's backup. Somebody to watch out for in the next few years.

Well, it is those "southern boys" that you claim are the leaders of this 29th ranked defense. Not doing much of a job.

Maybe give us some Northern boys like JJ Watt....Wisconson. Darrelle Revis....Pitt. Luke Keuchley..Boston College. Richard Sherman....western boy...Stanford. A boy named Suh from Nebraska.

Why don't we just get good players regardless of where they are from. As noted, some of these SEC guys haven't quite worked so well for us.

So you contend all our defenders are equals?

The hit rate is higher. Simple as that.

Mingo looked great in school and still may find his A game (I doubt it though) But He is only 1 guy he needs a team around him as well as any player.

mingo might be great=clowney might be great=sammy watkins might be great.

if you can't stay healthy who the F will ever know?

Healthy & if Matt Ryan Or Brady was throwing the ball to them. Image some of these guys with a QB & no injuries Jefferies-Chi. Watkins-Bills Hopkins-Texans (many others to add) Brady does it with no WR's. it's just sick... To me Oakland got it right. Got Carr feet wet 2014. Got him a toy in Cooper 2015. Both stay healthy, who knows? But I think we should follow their plan? I say the sacks will come if you leave them on the field than let them find out what works. We know what does not..no matter where they come from ;).

mingo might be great=clowney might be great=sammy watkins might be great.

if you can't stay healthy who the F will ever know?

"Off the field" for ANY reason is still not helping the team or working toward greatness. I agree with Mik.

Mike

Starks: Maryland/ Bryant: Harvard/ Shelton: Washingtion/ Dansby: Auburn/ Mingo: LSU/ Kruger: Utah/ Kirksey: Iowa/ Haden: Florida/ Gipson: Wyoming/ Whitner: Ohio St./ Williams: La Tech

I look at that list and the glaring need is spelled O - L - B ...

Just spent three-days looking at an athletic, versatile LB set can do for a DC. Wade Phillips had 6-man pass rushes with two DEs inside and 4 LBs looping and crossing all over. They had our OL stumbling over itself.

Archived