THE BROWNS BOARD

The Final Solution?

The Gipper

i;m not suggesting drafting a QB next year.....but i'm not a coach or a GM so wtf do i know?

pass rusher and big tall WR pleez.

I read earlier the coaches are happy with Orchard and he'll be getting more snaps again this week. Hopefully him and Cooper can become good pass rushers. Agree on the WR, Barnidge is our only red zone threat at the moment.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

steppin on shoes now? (see post #26).

c'mon man!

Ha! Didn't see that, didn't start reading the board until a couple days after this one. Just marked it "all read". I'm sure there was nothing worth moderating.

Z

dude, hair bands were gay as fuck even though everyone back then knew every lyric to guns and roses 'sweet child of mine' or some other crappy song they play on classic rock stations now.

saw poison open up for david lee roth on his 'yankee rose' tour in phx way back when. reminded me of an episode of 'project runway' with all the hair and make-up products they must have had going on.

make-up: misfits yes. poison no.

WR....Josh Gordon?

Pass Rusher absolutely...

Not necessarily just a pass rusher, but a 3 down OLB. Orchard, Mingo, and Kruger are all supposed to be pass rushers, but they dont have a solid run stuffer/ cover guy to play opposite them so they are all used inappropriately...IMHO

Not necessarily just a pass rusher, but a 3 down OLB. Orchard, Mingo, and Kruger are all supposed to be pass rushers, but they dont have a solid run stuffer/ cover guy to play opposite them so they are all used inappropriately...IMHO

Yep.

iron maiden, motorhead, motley crue, guns and roses, aerosmith gay.

pearl jam, soundgarden, screaming trees, alice in chains not gay?

Yes.

Let's not confuse Hairbands with Grunge.

Grunge had long hair, but they were about the jam, not the glam.

Z

john i love it all. alice cooper, gabriel and bowie could've been categorized as glam in the 70s and 80s but were some of the best songwriters to ever grace this planet.

difference of opinions. didn't get into the whole hair band thing but there were some classics that came out of that group that you'll sing along to when the jukebox is pumping down at the corner bodega gettin the last 40 oz staggering back to the love shack.

Of the 5 you mentioned, only Motley Crue qualifies as bona fide gay. You know what I am talking about. Those LA bands from the mid 80s that wrote crap and cashed in. Guns could actually rock.

Z

Of the 5 you mentioned, only Motley Crue qualifies as bona fide gay. You know what I am talking about. Those LA bands from the mid 80s that wrote crap and cashed in. Guns could actually rock.

Z

Oh no you din'dt! Shame on you! Just because a group of guys wear more make up and lacy frilly shit than most chicks does not mean they're gay.

Or maybe it does. Helliphino. But Kick Start My Heart? Dr. Feelgood? Looks That Kill? Come on!

No, this thread is not about The Holocaust.....but about 2016 NFL draft prospects. Specifically: Quarterbacks.

Do any of these float your boat?:

3 Jared Goff QB 1 California Jr 6-4 210 1 10

Connor Cook QB 2 Michigan State rSr 6-4 220 1 45

Cardale Jones QB 3 Ohio State rJr 6-5 250 2 48

Christian Hackenberg QB 4 Penn State Jr 6-4 236 2 66

Gunner Kielinjury.gif QB 5 Cincinnati rJr 6-4 208 2-3 75

Joshua Dobbs QB 6 Tennessee Jr 6-3 212 2-3 85

Dak Prescott QB 7 Mississippi State rSr 6-2 230 3 89

Carson Wentz QB 8 North Dakota State Sr 6-5 231 3 101

Brandon Doughty QB 9 Western Kentucky rSr 6-3 216 3-4 117

Cody Kessler QB 10 Southern California rSr 6-1 215 3-4 157

Nate Sudfeld QB 11 Indiana Sr 6-6 240 4-5 173

Kevin Hogan QB 12 Stanford rSr 6-4 225 5 201

Jacoby Brissett QB 13 NC State rSr 6-3 235 5-6 213

Trevone Boykin QB 14 TCU rSr 6-1 205 6 230

Blake Frohnapfel QB 15 Massachusetts rSr 6-6 230 6-7 237

Mike Bercovici QB 16 Arizona State rSr 6-0 205 6-7 270

Vad Lee QB 17 James Madison rSr 6-1 225 7-FA 280

Taysom Hillinjury.gif QB 18 Brigham Young Sr 6-2 232 7-FA 285

Jeff Driskel QB 19 Louisiana Tech rSr 6-4 234 7-FA 303

Travis Wilson QB 20 Utah Sr 6-7 233 7-FA 359

Max Wittek QB 21 Hawaii rSr 6-3 240 –– 369

Matt Johnson QB 22 Bowling Green rSr 6-0 221 –– 381

Vernon Adams Jr. QB 23 Oregon rSr 5-11 205 –– 397

Jake Coker QB 24 Alabama rSr 6-5 232 –– 409

John Robertsoninjury.gif QB 25 Villanova rSr 6-1 221 ––

Definitely's:

Connor Cook

Paxton Lynch

Maybe's:

Max Wittek

Cody Kessler

Gunnar Kiel

In all likelihood, Paxton Lynch may get the Christian Ponder treatment and go in the first round. This will probably kill his NFL career, because he is not a day one starter by any means. Let me be clear, I am in no way advocating that we take Lynch in the first round. However, I think he has a great framework of intangibles as well as the right physical frame to be a good NFL QB.

I couldn't tell you his stats offhand - I prefer it that way, because I believe looking at a prospect's stats before analyzing their play gives the viewer a skewed look. So my analysis is solely based off of what I'm seeing on the field. And what I see on the field is that Lynch just has "it". He is clearly the leader of that offense, he is not overwhelmed with the playbook, he is always attempting to move the ball downfield even when a play is broken, and he knows where his guys are.

Lynch, in my opinion, is being horribly misused in Memphis and is still managing to play decently well. To me, Lynch's strengths lie in his ability to work the pocket and recognize open players when under duress. Those are two things he is unflinchingly talented at. However, Memphis has him oftentimes throwing on the run, rolling the pocket to the left and to the right to buy him time, which exploits his biggest weakness - his accuracy on the run.

When Lynch executes what I call an "real" play - a play that you'd actually see an NFL QB run on Sundays - his talent is apparent. Clean drop back, work up the pocket, pick his receiver and strike...that's where Lynch excels. Under duress, he works back up the pocket, then out, identifying an open man...that is also where Lynch excels. However, the disconnect lies in his ability to accurately deliver the ball on the move...that's where he fails.

As for his physical strength, Lynch has what scouts call an "active arm" - that is, his balls have some mustard on them. (That is the weirdest sentence I have ever typed). Lynch has exhibited the ability to make throws that would make even Tom Brady cream in his pants. Conversely, Lynch also throws some of the ugliest passes I have ever seen. As I stated before, his throws tend to be a hell of a lot nicer when he's executing a "real" play.

In my eyes, Lynch is a great second or third round prospect. He needs to be thrown in QB school, but the intangibles are there, the physicality is there, and the talent is there. Lynch would be a GREAT backup to McCown for a year (or two).

Mel Kiper moved Lynch up to the #2 QB in the next draft behind Goff. But I think he can come back for a another year after this season.

And it's shit like that that kills QB's. Mel Kiper is the worst thing in the world when it comes to evaluating talent correctly. He arbitrarily inflates the stock of prospects according to absolutely nothing, and then it ruins the careers of players - especially quarterbacks.

EJ Manuel would have likely been a great "project" QB. Kyle Boller too. But Kiper just blows them up all out of proportion in order to say he was there first and to capitalize on the hype, and then these guys go WELL ahead of where they actually should go because a trigger-happy GM is afraid of missing out. Then these guys get thrown into the fire immediately and collapse like a flan in a cupboard under all of the pressure, and are crapped out of the league in 5 years.

Sound like Lynch is already a Tannehill type, draft riser... I haven't seen him yet.

Can't fault Kiper though for agreeing with you, TC. Not Kiper's fault if a GM goes crazy. Also no rule that says a #1 can't sit and learn... even if you already have one of those. Not exactly the road less traveled, but it's a way teams can still go.

Sound like Lynch is already a Tannehill type, draft riser... I haven't seen him yet.

Can't fault Kiper though for agreeing with you, TC. Not Kiper's fault if a GM goes crazy. Also no rule that says a #1 can't sit and learn... even if you already have one of those. Not exactly the road less traveled, but it's a way teams can still go.

Pretty sure he was playin on ESPN when you typed this haha. Looked pretty damn good too.

Archived