THE BROWNS BOARD

The Final Solution?

The Gipper

His running skills have been non existant. His decision making looks poor and his reads have likewise been poor. He's got great arm strength but looks pretty average otherwise. Third round sounds like a good place for him.

He reminds Me of JaMarcus Russell

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok were back and we will stick with "Can't remember why or what he did. But damn he was good." He sounds perfect for this Board & Browns.. We shall name him Savor!!

"Dane Brugler, an NFL Draft analyst for CBSSports.com, said that thoughts of Jones losing NFL money this year are overblown, because in the eyes of the NFL, Jones is simply the same player he was at the end of last year.

"I think he looks like the exact same player, and I think that's what NFL scouts see on tape as well -- a player who's still very raw," Brugler told Northeast Ohio Media Group on Tuesday night. "The physical traits are outstanding, but from a maturity standpoint as a passer, he's just still very unpolished and he's not really progressing at the rate you would want to see.""

Looks like most NFL scouts haven't given up on Cardilly

"Dane Brugler, an NFL Draft analyst for CBSSports.com, said that thoughts of Jones losing NFL money this year are overblown, because in the eyes of the NFL, Jones is simply the same player he was at the end of last year.

"I think he looks like the exact same player, and I think that's what NFL scouts see on tape as well -- a player who's still very raw," Brugler told Northeast Ohio Media Group on Tuesday night. "The physical traits are outstanding, but from a maturity standpoint as a passer, he's just still very unpolished and he's not really progressing at the rate you would want to see.""

Spoken like your true Avitar..

Hackenberg is terrible. He was graded the worst QB in D1 last year by PFF. The absolute worst. The hype is based on his recruiting ranking, size, starting as a true fish, and playing in a pro system. That's about it. Hell even I got sucked into it.

Tour, I'm no QB scout but I don't see any sort of Russell Wilson with Prescott at all.

That's what you got from that? I don't know about others but it reads to me like "he wasn't really good last year, and hasn't really progressed this year"

That's what you got from that? I don't know about others but it reads to me like "he wasn't really good last year, and hasn't really progressed this year"

Well further into the article it says last year Cardale was the 3rd best QB in the draft, which means he would have been taken in the 3rd Round, This year the same scout says Cardale is still the 4th best QB in the upcoming draft.

Well further into the article it says last year Cardale was the 3rd best QB in the draft, which means he would have been taken in the 3rd Round,

Really?......1 QB per round?.....I think most years the top 3 QB's are gonna easily be gone in the first......

Being how I hate running QBs this'll get me razzed big time, but one QB I like is Dak Prescott.

Loved his guts and his size the last couple years, but not much else. This year the twice I've seen him, it looks like:

- his mechanics are vastly improved;

- his running is down; and

- he's taking much better care of the ball... yet to throw an INT this season.

Comparisons are dangerous, but he has the look of a bigger Russell Wilson.

There is another QB that impressed me one game I happened upon, but I'll be damned if I can remember who or where... Wasn't any of the "name" QBs...

How about Lynch? is it from Memphis St. Has them undefeated. A lot a people are looking at him.

We need a nasty OLB who scares the offense. I'd pick an Eric Turner type as well and just keep going with McCown at QB for another year.

Turner was a Strong Safety I believe. How do you judge if someone is "nasty"......unless they have like the names of Butkus or Tatum or Lott or Nitschke on their back.

Turner was a Strong Safety I believe. How do you judge if someone is "nasty"......unless they have like the names of Butkus or Tatum or Lott or Nitschke on their back.

yes....LB and Safety are two positions I think are more of need than QB at this point. We need players in those 2 positions that scare the opposition offense. Guys that the QB comes to line and has to look to see where they are before they snap the ball.

yes....LB and Safety are two positions I think are more of need than QB at this point. We need players in those 2 positions that scare the opposition offense. Guys that the QB comes to line and has to look to see where they are before they snap the ball.

That works fine for me.

Are you saying that none of our LBs and none of our Safeties have those attributes?

Of course, the rules prohibit a lot of the "nastiness" that used to be exhibited by LBs and Safeties. You have to think of that as a factor.

That works fine for me.

Are you saying that none of our LBs and none of our Safeties have those attributes?

Of course, the rules prohibit a lot of the "nastiness" that used to be exhibited by LBs and Safeties. You have to think of that as a factor.

I don't think they really do at this point.

I think we're OK at Safety... and to a degree intimidating Safeties have been legislated out of the game.

OLB? No... we are not near where we need to be.

How about Lynch? is it from Memphis St. Has them undefeated. A lot a people are looking at him.

Haven't seen Memphis St. this year...

I knew at the time I should have written the name down.

The small school guy I like this year will be ... Brandon Doughty from Western Kentucky. His pre-draft stuff can make or break his draft stock, but right now he is on the rise.

The big school guy I like the most right now is Kevin Hogan from Stanford. I particularly like the fact that Stanford runs a pro-style system, which as we continue to see is rare but provides great benefits to a QB making the transition to the NFL.

Many of the early top guys, Hackenberg, Cook, Jones, Goff, Kessler, all seem overrated to me...

Right now, there is no sure-fire top QB. Actually, it's hard to even imagine any of these guys being top 10 worthy...

Archived