THE BROWNS BOARD

SONGS OR VIDS YOU'VE PROB NEVER SEEN BUT MIGHT LIKE (MUSIC)

So many come to mind...

Nationally out of the garage... somewhat tortured lead vocals, but really nice arranging. Here's the title track off their best LP.

Little known, 70's group in the southern rock vein... quasi religious overtones... great vocals... confusingly two different, self-titled LPs released back-to-back... don't get the wrong one. Certain route is via 2-CD set with the good S/T release plus "Marblehead Messenger", an OK follow up release. Both were produced by George Martin.

I love these guys!

We met them when we played the Atlanta Agora back in the eighty's. That's a great album.

WSS

weird. saw them in denver in 81 while in AIT in AURORA, colorado. they opened up for a 3 band show. them, the split endz (became crowded house) and the flock of seagulls.

an 80s extravaganza of bad clothes and worse haircuts.

hear alot of new music on iphone radio while doing my morning walks. i'll memo record the songs i like and come back into my office and look up the vids and info. most have to have some visual aspect that grabs my attention because they are new and it's not like you get an album cover and can read lyrics and roll doobies on them. anyhoo this is one that's pretty cool:

and then we have the split band members of prob my fave band ever....genesis (with gabriel).

have tickets to see the 2015 version of this tour up in tarrytown in nov. can't wait.

steve hackett....what a guitarist.

that's nik kershaw singing. people might remember him from the 80s with songs like 'wouldn't it be good'

if you're not into the 'prog'....just listen through to the last 2 or 3 minutes and hear 2 guys rip off some serious lead guitar licks.

... it's not like you get an album cover and can read lyrics and roll doobies on them.

Remember using gatefolds for "seeding" a lid...

Yes, kids, once upon a time there were seeds... and exploding joints...

... the split endz (became crowded house)...

Threw me for a second as The Move (later morphed into ELO) had an album titled "Split Ends"...

And now for something completely different... from one of my favorite Scottish bands...

I can remember listening to this song with a friend - ( sitting around and listening was an activity!)

way back when and thinking how really cool this was... probably opened my interest in rock music

and changed my radio station to WMMS like my older brother had on....

man i miss ohio radio. yeah we have sirius radio in the car BUT if you were to hear NY radio you'd flippin puke. one of the biggest markets in the world and they have classic rock which plays the same songs on the hour every hour and pop and r and b.....and they all suck ass.

what happened to listening to a b-side song from triumph while driving down the road?

fugg.

maybe something new like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0bCTWZBHU0

Archived