THE BROWNS BOARD

SONGS OR VIDS YOU'VE PROB NEVER SEEN BUT MIGHT LIKE (MUSIC)

that was the first actual cd I ever owned

not a huge doors fan. been in many a bar where the old 'classic rockers' stand up and play the same old tired songs.

BUT 'american prayer' was so different. i think morrison recorded these 'poems' before his death and the band found the recordings and put the music on top of them.

They didn't interest me pass the first album and even then Ray Manzarek and Robby Krieger received too little acclaim and Jim Morrison too much. In my opinion.

WSS

agree. found out later that krieger was trained as a classical flamenco guitarist.

They didn't interest me pass the first album and even then Ray Manzarek and Robby Krieger received too little acclaim and Jim Morrison too much. In my opinion.

Ditto...

Never owned a single thing by the Doors until I picked up a double-CD, Anthology set maybe 15 years ago. Put it one night just for background and went to work in another room. Within a half hour I moved into the listening room for an extended, listening in the dark session.

It was the music that made me focus on them... had never really listened past Morrison and his lyrics. Had never heard how friggin' musical they were.

Archived