THE BROWNS BOARD

To Our Friends In Cali and TX....be safe!

miktoxic

looks like mexico might get wiped off the map today.

dare i say to all my friends in cali with all the drought and fires every year that now you have to deal with this HUGE hurricane that's going to affect you guys as well as our friends in texas.....

be safe.

which in cali means houses sliding off the sides of mountains.

thinking ohio might be one of the best places to be living.

No chance of rain here until late next week....I'll go back to not paying attention to the news.

sure. stayed tuned to this bat channel at this bat time.

we'll let you know when the surf get's a little rough and the girls get too blonde.

I'll stay away from the ocean....but no such thing as girls being too blonde..

I think the issue Mark is that the news no longer reports news. Ordinarily it's sort of a plan B tween TM Z and a concert

Well....I did catch the first 5 minutes of the news after a show we were watching the other day. The top 2 stories in LA that led the 11pm news? The fact that it was raining (drizzling really) and the 2nd story was Lamar Odom. That's all you need to know.

Patricia sneakin' in from the Pacific side. That's a new one...

Explains the rain this AM... bands of heavy showers moving through area today... most this afternoon are expected to be thunderstorms.

Thanks for the weather report. For 1st time ever reading this I laughed though out. Please after Mexico saves all there Tequila let them pass the boarders. Cee Amigo?

Must have had at least ten strong, rain bands move thru this evening... kept KO'ing the DTV.

Kinda quiet now, but thunderstorms tomorrow and rain all-day Sunday.

hilarious stuff, unless of course you really are Affected by it. it's like laughing at the assholes that buy houses on the ocean or million dollar homes in the dry areas of n. cali and get threatened or destroyed every year........and then you're that asshole.

2 days ago the 'weather people' said this was going to be the most devastating storm ever to come from the pacific. then a day later they have the reporter standing in knee-high water with an umbrella getting blown across a parking lot telling them from the studio to 'be careful out there'.

turns out to be an everyday type of windy thunderstorm we see here in the NE. like, wtf?

I've ridden out hurricanes, mik, including Alicia in '83. Alicia's eye passed over my home. In Texas we get strong T-storms as well... we call them Blue Northers.

They are alike for about ten minutes. Then the leading edge of the T-storm passes and the rain falls more down than sideways. Hurricane Alicia blew at 70+ for over ten hours.

Landfall in a mountainous area knocked Patricia down fast, but at landfall wind speeds were 160 mph. That's at the wall of the eye. We are lucky that its center apparently will not enter the Gulf. As it is enough of its SE quadrant will be over the Gulf to pump massive amounts of moisture up into the state.

We are expecting another 6" of rain here over the next three days. We've already had over 2" and the ground is saturated.

and how does water derail a train?

i guess wash out the whole track? now that i've never seen.

my whole thing is if you know you're buying property in a high-risk area (fire zone, flood zone) don't complain when the shit goes sliding into the ocean.

Archived