THE BROWNS BOARD

Just when I thought the Defense couldn't look worse……..

darubes

They proved me wrong again.The Cardinals were an INCREDIBLE

12 for 15 on third down conversions and one miss was at the end

of the game when they were trying to run out the clock.Joe Haden

looked totally lost out there. He was so bad that our so-called "shut

down corner" is targeted more times than not.

DC Oneill is totally lost. How much more failure does this guy

get??? I guess we should be happy with this effort since we

"held" the Cardinals to ONLY 115 yards rushing.The biggest

problem for the Cards was whether to run or throw the ball

since we are equally porous on both counts.

Simply unacceptable after all the money we have spent on

defense.

Better yet Gipson,Barnidge,Benjamin,Schwartz,and lord knows

who else are free agents next year. Granted they are not all pros

but who on this team is.

Also the defense is old.

There are only 3 starters that we drafted, and 8 others on their 2nd, 3rd and even 4th contract

You don't build a good defense with older guys.

You add older guys to a young and hungry defense that you have drafted

Yes, Palmer missed early, but he missed and mostly it was due to pressure moving him off his spot and a couple very solid knock-downs that made him feel uncomfortable.

We started off as aggressive on D as I can remember us being this season... and it was working. At least it was working enough of the time to get off the field be it by turnover or downs.

When we went up 20-7 you could feel us let of the gas a bit... and we never really got back on it.

Then our own turnovers sealed the deal...

Yes, Palmer missed early, but he missed and mostly it was due to pressure moving him off his spot and a couple very solid knock-downs that made him feel uncomfortable.

We started off as aggressive on D as I can remember us being this season... and it was working. At least it was working enough of the time to get off the field be it by turnover or downs.

When we went up 20-7 you could feel us let of the gas a bit... and we never really got back on it.

Then our own turnovers sealed the deal...

My wife always says we always are cream puffs in the second half. And she does not watch football that often

I don't remember the last time we gave up 27 unanswered points. It was awful, and it hurts to think that our season is completely over with no hope for a future. It feels like we're about to blow everything up again, and how could you blame Haslam at this point? I HATE blowing up a team every two years, but what is an owner supposed to do when he's promised a devastating defense, solid running game, and a product the fans can be proud of, yet doesn't get ANY of that?

Schwartz is a top10 RT. You may not like it, but he's doing his job and everyone in the league knows it. The weak link on our OL is Mack.

Barnidge is probably the best production-per-dollar-value we've ever had.

If anything, I'd be all in favor of trading the unmotivated Mack for someone's first-and-second, starting Erving to get him experienced, and taking a good backup OL in one of those spots.

Or, just use the entire draft on nothing but LB and DL because outside of shelton/robertson/bryant, they all suck.

Also: Our 2 "top" CB costs [tramon and joe] both sucked horribly yesterday. Trade them both, start Desir and Gilbert with K'waun playing the slot and Gaines 4th.

Schwartz is a top10 RT. You may not like it, but he's doing his job and everyone in the league knows it. The weak link on our OL is Mack.

Barnidge is probably the best production-per-dollar-value we've ever had.

If anything, I'd be all in favor of trading the unmotivated Mack for someone's first-and-second, starting Erving to get him experienced, and taking a good backup OL in one of those spots.

Or, just use the entire draft on nothing but LB and DL because outside of shelton/robertson/bryant, they all suck.

Also: Our 2 "top" CB costs [tramon and joe] both sucked horribly yesterday. Trade them both, start Desir and Gilbert with K'waun playing the slot and Gaines 4th.

You would get nothing for Mack at this point. First of all he has a

no trade clause in his contract and can veto any trade. Secondly

he is a free agent after this season so he is basically a rent a player

for 8 games.

You would get nothing for Mack at this point. First of all he has a

no trade clause in his contract and can veto any trade. Secondly

he is a free agent after this season so he is basically a rent a player

for 8 games.

Not to mention he's playing pretty poorly, the worst of our OL starters so far this year.

Archived