THE BROWNS BOARD

I'm normally positive, but I want Pettine gone NOW!

Canton Mike

We all love Josh but he was obviously hurt in the second half.

He was in pain... there's a difference. I, too, thought he was done after he went off the field in pain and more after he came back on it. But then I saw him rip a pass. Clearly his throwing was not impacted.

Stay the course and let the team work itself out. We're still going to finish with 7 wins, despite any sort of major injury to McCown or any other key offensive weapon. Evaluate the defensive performance at the end of the year and let O'Neil walk if it's not improving. But for God's sake, Pettine isn't the problem. Just because he's not running up and down the sidelines a la Harbaugh or having crazy post game rants doesn't mean he's not inspired. It just means he's controlled, which is a skill I value in a HC.

I don't see the win total you do, and not simply because I believe there are starts in JM's 2015 future... probably a Davis one as well, but agree with your approach.

I have been on this forum for about 5 years, but this is the first time I have felt compelled to post.

Welcome into the light... suck as it is. Post more...

To add to your point about the schedule, lots of people were killing McCown for his play against Denver and that Denver "isn't that good" (as more than one person claimed). Any of you see that Denver defense hold the Packers to 10 points last night and Rodgers had less than 100 yards passing in the game? I think we'd all agree Rodgers is a damn good quarterback but Denvers defense made him look pretty average last night.

Last nite actually started me rethinking my Hood Ornament stance...

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not saying Manziel could have done any better- but as others have said Josh was hurt, and wasn't helping the team. Let's be realistic here- we're 1\2 through the schedule and we're 2-6. (Chalk up one of those wins to Manziel, BTW). So by all means, lets keep Josh in. The only remaining game I have any hope of the Browns winning, considering their current state of suckitude is the SF game. (We're 10 point dogs against the Bungles Thursday if you haven't looked yet) Maybe we somehow pull another game out of our ass and wind up 4-12. Is that enough justification to keep playing McCown? So we're going to have a top 10 pick, and have no idea If Johnny boy is worth keeping around. At this point does it really matter if we trot Manziel out for the rest of the season, lose out and go 2-14? At least we'll have conclusively proven Johnny sucks, and we can go for a top quarterback in 2016.

Short week...

On the INT McC threw... I've rewatched the broadcast angles several times now. Without the all-22 I can't tell if AZ was in Cover 1 so my Centerfield comment may or may not stand.

What I did see though was very little effort to hold the Safety in the middle of the field and an underthrown ball.

Gabe had a step on the CB, but had to pull up for the underthrow. Even without the Safety coming over it is doubtful he would have been in any position to win a 50/50 ball. The INT was made only 3-yds deep in the endzone. A throw to the back pylon was about the only chance the play looked to have... about 5 more yards.

Ironically I saw in Texans highlights earlier that Hoyer made almost that exact throw, but dropped over his WR's shoulder in stride in a windless dome.

Born and raised in Cleveland and have been watching since the early 1960s. Pettine is a stubborn man for sure. And not very bright. McCown looked like he was ready to keel over. I've never seen anything like this in all my years of watching Cleveland Sports. It's obvious Pettine doesn't like Manziel but he signed on with Farmer to draft Gilbert and Johnny Football.

Manziel was drafted for the future and the future is slipping away week by week.

I think Pettine needs to go and go soon before the whole team ends up in therapy.

Born and raised in Cleveland and have been watching since the early 1960s. Pettine is a stubborn man for sure. And not very bright. McCown looked like he was ready to keel over. I've never seen anything like this in all my years of watching Cleveland Sports. It's obvious Pettine doesn't like Manziel but he signed on with Farmer to draft Gilbert and Johnny Football.

Manziel was drafted for the future and the future is slipping away week by week.

I think Pettine needs to go and go soon before the whole team ends up in therapy.

Likewise, born and raised - season holder from 1964 through 1972 when I started moving around the country. I liken Pettine to Forrest Gregg - a really really bad coach without a clue. I am glad I didn't get Sunday ticket.

I can watch a real football team on Saturdays with three real running backs one of which is leading the NCAA and playing 1 less game than everyone else.. God an injured McCown led the team in rushing? Is that really what I read?

Johnny can't help it if his girl is highspirited! I'd bet 1 in 3 Texas and Louisiana men had their drunk woman try to bail out of a moving car.How did Bill Murray put it? "So, she's a bitch" - oh I mean dog.

Archived