THE BROWNS BOARD

Confederate flag backer accussed of tossing bomb in Walmart

jbluhm86

I'm not sure what your point is really.

http://www.sonofthesouth.net/leefoundation/Flags/rebel-flag.jpg

That's the flag that's been used for many, many years to remember the confederacy and honor fallen soldiers.

The the guy here is a Mississippi flag backer and a Confederate flag backer by association (while having both on his car) - which he used as a reason for the crappy bomb, really he's just a nut job though

The confederacy had a few flags, but none really recognized today except the above.

Nope. That flag never flew for the Confederate States of America. Ever.

It was adapted from several flags that were, and used by the buttholes in the ku klux klan to intimidate and spread fear.

I've gone over this several times on this board.

I'm in total agreement with your Assessment of our hero in the story though.

So my point goes back to my initial post in the thread. Using "Confederate flag" in a headline is guaranteed clickbait especially when no one truly knows what in the fuck they're talking about. (See the 15 mini-ice age threads)

Nope. That flag never flew for the Confederate States of America. Ever.

It was adapted from several flags that were, and used by the buttholes in the ku klux klan to intimidate and spread fear.

I've gone over this several times on this board.

I'm in total agreement with your Assessment of our hero in the story though.

So my point goes back to my initial post in the thread. Using "Confederate flag" in a headline is guaranteed clickbait especially when no one truly knows what in the fuck they're talking about. (See the 15 mini-ice age threads)

I think you're missing something though - the guy himself thinks that's the confederate flag, even though it's not. Sure. But, he is one of many (millions) who see that flag as a symbol for the 'good old days' or whatever they're trying to get back to. The fact that it's not quite right only means that they're stupid - not exactly news - it doesn't stop it being a powerful symbol for the believers/followers.

They could invent a new flag with just the face of robert e lee instead of adopting an incorrect old one and the message would be the same.

Again. "Confederate Flag" is a misnomer. Also known as the "rebel flag" or the "stars & bars". Also incorrect.

It was (and still is) used as a means of intimidation. "The south will rise again!" And all of that. Anyone flying that flag you can safely write off as a hateful, functioning dumbass.

The confederate battle flag (square not rectangle) originated from Lee's army of northern Va and is what is affixed in the upper L corner of the Mississippi state flag. Fly away, bucko. I will support your right to fly it. Understand that not everyone will be super-psyched about you flying it, but it's your right/prerogative.

Are you certain to which of those groups this guy belongs? After all, we've seen he's been flying the M-i-double-s-i-double-s-i-double-p-i state flag, along with others, but clearly is a hateful, semi-functioning Retard. Are we sure there's no overlap there between those groups?

Never claimed mutual exclusivity between the two.

Look. You can't pipe bomb a Walmart just because they stop selling a flag. Just like you can't pipe bomb a Footlocker if they stop selling your favorite Jordan's.

But it's lazy journalism to just write "confederate flag!" and incite national hyperventilation.

Only assholes would suggest he can't fly a CURRENT state flag.

Archived