THE BROWNS BOARD

Joe Thomas

Tim Couch Pulls Out

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His tweet doesn't make much sense. Sounds like Thomas found out about the trade after the fact. Still a whole bunch of nothing.

@RapSheet: And when Joe Thomas learned he was nearly traded to #Broncos, his agents smartly asked for guaranteed $ in ’16 and ’17 to remain in Denver.

I suspect this had more to do with his agents negotiating for him with carte blanche powers, i.e. did not have to keep him fully informed, just look out for his best interest. That is not unusual at all.

LOL-Just now saw your response above.

Right....I see speculation on 2 separate issues here....

1) Did he "ask" to be traded??....In the middle of the season?....I dont believe that for a minute......

2) Did he demand guaranteed money?......how?.....he's under contract, if the Browns want to trade him, then they trade him(and his contract). He should have no say. And if he did have say, then demanded higher dollars and guarantees, isnt it possible he was just making things hard to accomplish....

I mean.....if he wanted out so bad.....then WHY make it hard for Denver to agree.....makes no sense at all.....

I'd believe anything really concerning this football team. With homeless guy drafting and textgate, are you really shocked? If he wants out so what. Lebron left and most got over it. This team stinks and he's tired of the bullshit and losing. I hope wins a super bowl before he retires because he's a hard worker and seems like a good human being. How would you like to be the best tackle in the league, on a team that can't fucking sniff the postseason? Please tell me.

It's bullshit. The national media knows next to zero about the Browns, and could care less about the Browns.

It's now fashionable to prop up the favorites/front runners. There is no "underdog" mentality anymore. It's sickening.

The national media likes to debate if guys like Peyton Manning, LeBron James, Phil Mickelson are "winners." They go as far as stating Tom Coughlin isn't a good coach, stuff like that.

Don't buy into these national media "sources," they don't know nearly as much as the local folks who cover the team(s) on a daily basis.

I'd believe anything really concerning this football team. With homeless guy drafting and textgate, are you really shocked? If he wants out so what. Lebron left and most got over it. This team stinks and he's tired of the bullshit and losing. I hope wins a super bowl before he retires because he's a hard worker and seems like a good human being. How would you like to be the best tackle in the league, on a team that can't fucking sniff the postseason? Please tell me.

If this is the case....then why didnt he agree to go?.....

OK.....so since Jim Thome decided to leave, that means Joe Thomas is a low character guy?......

Thats some brilliant logic right there......

maybe he's like anybody.....and everybody.....Joe Charboneau drank beer thru his nose, does that mean Thomas does too?

I guess I'm different. I believe it. Joe's a competitor and any competitor worth his weight wants to win, and if that trait isn't deeply rooted in Joe, then we have another problem to add to the pile.

A skill player we released is making a name for himself in New England right now.

Ghoolie, what's your point here? Joe Thomas has been on the team for eight years, dude. At this point how is he relevant to the universally horrible drafts we've had through at least three front offices?

No one denies skill position players arent important. Everyone knows the QB position is what controls a teams fate. The fact remains, LT is just as important as DT, DE, LB, CB, WR, RB, TE. In 2006 our QBs were destroyed. LT was a huge position of need for us. A surefire LT was there for ys in the draft. We took him and hes been one of the best in the league since. Out of all the botched picks and players who are out of the league since, why do you choose to ride JT? Hes been our best player since we drafted him. Pick someone else to pin your frustrations on.

Seriously. There is nothing we have to complain about. I heard it here over and over and over.............

"YOU'VE GOT TO HAVE A SOLID LEFT TACKLE............... YOU'VE GOT TO.

Shit man, I am tickled out of my own pussy watching Joe Thomas go to the fucking hall of fame. Who needs skill players? Who needs a QB? Just let Joe Thomas block us to the Superbowl. Fuck, I think Pettine is holding him back. We need to let him run the ball, and pass, and kick and go out for passes.

:YOU'VE GOT TO HAVE A SOLID LEFT TAKCLE.............. YO'VE GOT TO.

And know, 8 years after it being too late they want to consider trading his useless ass, when he has no value.

Isn't it interesting that the skill players we release never make it on other teams. BUT BUT BUT............ the offensive linemen we release always seem to do just fine elsewhere.

I am telling you, You've got to have that Left Tackle position solidified, that is the building block for the team. We just need 8 more years of using high draft picks to get more offensive linemen, while continuing to avoid the most desirable QBs, WR and RBS. Hey, it's worked so far.

(Y)

Great insight. Since 2007 we've had ten first round picks, about two of which have lived up to expectations (including Mack, another OL), and yet you complain about Joe Thomas? Where's the complaining about Weeden, Mingo, Taylor, Trent fucking Richardson? Brady Quinn anyone? It isn't that the franchise has just completely ignored skill positions, it just hasn't been successful, where it has on OL picks.

I know you have some problem with having a good tackle, I'm just not sure why.

)?( really? what was incorrect?

[/b]

And know, 8 years after it being too late they want to consider trading his useless ass, when he has no value.

(Y)

Shouldn't start a sentence with "and", but ignoring that he used "know" when anyone with half a brain would know it should be "and now" plus he put commas in poor places. It should say.....

"And now, 8 years after it being too late, they want to consider trading his useless ass when he has no value."

I always will. The Browns use to have a poor oline.

Not anymore.

They used to have major weaknesses in personnel on the defense.... not anymore.

They still have a lack of dangerous weapons at WR, outside of Barnidge at TE... and little Travis.

A couple of AJ Green type wr's... and the Browns offense will be unstoppable.

Okay, so it's a defensive scheme that is too complicated to work often... and they run

on first down nearly all the time, because they don't have the wr's to fit.

So very close, yet so far away still.

The Browns wll win anyways. 3 rivers scum suckers are going to lose.

I always will. The Browns use to have a poor oline.

Not anymore.

They used to have major weaknesses in personnel on the defense.... not anymore.

They still have a lack of dangerous weapons at WR, outside of Barnidge at TE... and little Travis.

A couple of AJ Green type wr's... and the Browns offense will be unstoppable.

Okay, so it's a defensive scheme that is too complicated to work often... and they run

on first down nearly all the time, because they don't have the wr's to fit.

So very close, yet so far away still.

The Browns wll win anyways. 3 rivers scum suckers are going to lose.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Riiiight.

Archived