THE BROWNS BOARD

RYAN MOATS VIDEO

Riffer X

They just need to fire this guy and be done with it, he needs to never work in law enforcement ever again.

Absolutely disgusting.

Absolutely. I normally like to give people the benefit of the doubt a little but this guy's voice alone tells me he's a friggin asshole. Total condescending prick that obviously looks at everybody with disdain and contempt, not as humans.

What the hell does giving him paid leave do? For Christ sakes at least don't pay the guy. What do they need to investigate anyway? Fire his ass.

I'll give Moats a ton of credit, he never let on that he was a football player either. I gotta tell you, if that were me and my mom was dying I would have fooked that cop up. Course the puss pulled his gun from the get go. Unbelievable.

I can understand the cops point of view from the beginning but as soon as moats calms down and says yes sir about 20 times the cop kept egging him on and on and on and that was disturbing to listen to. This guy should be fired no doubt.

The cop didn't have any right to mess with them like he did. It was totally obvious what was going on and once they got out of the car the conversation should have went something like "What is the issue?" To which they would have replied "Our mom is dying" and at that point he tells them to go ahead. That's what should have happened.

They had their flashers on and looked before they advanced. He drove more reckless chasing them than they did. He was pissed cuz they didn't pull over right away and the fact is he never even got close to them until they were almost in the lot. I know I'm not pulling over for a cop until he gets directly behind me.

Dude was a complete dick from the get go and used absolutely no common sense. He was totally power tripping and the second he got a view of them being black probably didn't help anything. When someone is speeding and blatantly runs a red light and stop signs and then pulls into a hospital parking lot, it's completely obvious what is going on. He was trying to play it like they did something so wrong just to be a dick since they weren't bending over for him.

This guy deserves worse than just losing his job. Ultimately, he kept this guy from saying his goodbyes to a loved one and also ruined the whole situation for everybody involved. They will never get that chance again and he took it from them.

Civil suit makes sense but the department would ultimately pay for it probably. My sister lives in Dallas and I need to get the pulse from her about this down there. Moats was even cool about the apology from the department, but no way would I ever accept the douche's apology, hell no.

Imagine being this guy's family or friend? I honestly don't think I'd ever talk to the dude again, seriously.

Good luck finding a job in this environment toolshed. There is no way they can't fire this guy, the more people get wind of this the more pissed they are about it. The good that can come of it is that other cops who wear the Barney Fufe badge are probably readdressing their dickheadedness right now.

I'm sure liars will be lined up around the block to represent Moats in a civil action. The city of Dallas will be the entity paying Moats his biggest "contract" in the end.

The most disturbing thing about the whole deal to me is this:

At some point in all this, the orificer should have had that little voice in his head saying "Maybe what I'm doing here isn't right," or "Maybe I'm crossing a line here," or "Shit...could I lose my career over this?" But, amazingly, it seems as if he didn't have any of those thoughts - and there's a reason those thoughts weren't going through his head. Nobody in their right mind could go through what he did, all while knowing it was being documented for posterity from their own squad car, and think there would be no consequences ..... unless that type of behavior is acceptable (if not encouraged) around there. That says one helluva lot to me about the culture of that police department and how it is run, and it's beyond disgusting.......it's scary.

Guest ATENEARS

Reminds me of a time I rushed one of my infant sons to the hospital with 104-degree temp, in a snow storm. I parked outside the emergency door and carried him in. A cop followed me in and shouted at me to move my vehicle. I told him as soon I get care or someone to take the baby I would move it. He kept getting louder and being a dick, and I told him that I was not going to carry the baby back out into the cold, move the car to a desginated parking lot fairly far away and carry him back through the snow. I even offered to leave my keys, and suggested that they just admit my child so I could move it. The cop threatened to tow my vehicle, and I said the similar thing Moat did, which was, "Go ahead, do what you must, but I'm attending to me sick child". I sat there for at least ten minutes holding my son while this prick stared me down. Finally I got a nurse to take my son and I moved my car.

I'm sure liars will be lined up around the block to represent Moats in a civil action. The city of Dallas will be the entity paying Moats his biggest "contract" in the end.

The most disturbing thing about the whole deal to me is this:

At some point in all this, the orificer should have had that little voice in his head saying "Maybe what I'm doing here isn't right," or "Maybe I'm crossing a line here," or "Shit...could I lose my career over this?" But, amazingly, it seems as if he didn't have any of those thoughts - and there's a reason those thoughts weren't going through his head. Nobody in their right mind could go through what he did, all while knowing it was being documented for posterity from their own squad car, and think there would be no consequences ..... unless that type of behavior is acceptable (if not encouraged) around there. That says one helluva lot to me about the culture of that police department and how it is run, and it's beyond disgusting.......it's scary.

Do you think anyone would have ever seen that video if it didn't happen to an NFL player?

Do you think anyone would have ever seen that video if it didn't happen to an NFL player?

Thank you for further enhancing my point.

The mindset being....."Eh... not a recognizable celebrity/public figure, so the only people who may possibly see the tape are in the department....no worries."

The most disturbing part of this video to me is (if the cop didn't have enough info already to believe them that their mother was dying) is when a nurse comes out and confirms that it is a critical situation and they really need to get up their as she is coding and will shortly die....the cops response? "I'm almost done." Are you serious? What the hell does it matter at this point? If you're so intent on giving the guy a ticket, can't you at least let him go up to the room while you finish up the work? Absolutely inexcusable.

Also, this same cop has had a run in with Zach Thomas' wife as well. She made a U-Turn and ended up getting 5 citations and spending hours in jail. I don't know how her attitude was, but you'd think hours in jail for a U-Turn is a little extreme.

To play devils advocate, no one is above the law. A total of what 16 minutes? The cop could have been a much bigger douchebag than he was.

I'm not saying the cop was right but i sure would not want to be in his shoes. Cops are exposed to the scum of society everyday and its unfortunate that he could not put down his guard in a legitimate situation.

3 years as a cop is not enough time to become that perfect officer you all want in a crisis like this. I don't feel the cop should be crucified but he should consider another profession.

Hammertime,

I understand your POV, and I wouldn't of blamed him if he initially was defensive about it, however after about 2 min of interaction he should of known this was a legit emergency. He was a douche plain and simple, and he deserves all the bad things that could happen for him.

However, in my heart of hearts I hope that if they don't fire him he uses this experience and the subsequent humiliation to become a great cop, compassionate and understanding.

Agreed. One of the requirements of the job is to gather information, assess the situation, and make "real-time" decisions. You're telling me that after 16 minutes and 200 "yes sir/no sir's" this POS couldn't determine that the risk level was non-existent? (Please note I'm excluding all of the time he had to ponder this during "the chase" where Moats idled through red-lights with his hazards on, and drove immediately to the Emergency room door.)

This was pure power trip. Nothing more.

As I pointed out in the similar thread on the political board, I believe Powell knew and recognized Moats (they are about the same age & grew up in Dallas) and Powell probably spent the better half of his HS football career staring at the underside of Moat's cleats. This was his payback.

Oh wow, I didn't even know that aspect of the story.

What a huge POS you have to be to try and get revenge for some high school bs.

I was joking. Just making it up based on their similar age and hometowns. Yikes - don't need that rumor flying across the intertubes. :o

Hammertime,

I understand your POV, and I wouldn't of blamed him if he initially was defensive about it, however after about 2 min of interaction he should of known this was a legit emergency. He was a douche plain and simple, and he deserves all the bad things that could happen for him.

However, in my heart of hearts I hope that if they don't fire him he uses this experience and the subsequent humiliation to become a great cop, compassionate and understanding.

like i said devils advocate. I have a feeling not all police officers are as sympathetic concerning this matter.

I would not have even wasted time with this clown. I would have said, "My mom is dying." and went inside. What a xxxxing clown. I recently got pulled over by an off duty state trooper for an expired registration, he then proceeded to try and give me a dui at 6:30 in the morning. I hadn't drank since before midnight. I had to take them all the way to jury trial to prove my innocence. It cost me about $2500 and I had a freaking FBI agent on the jury and he wouldn't agree with the other jurors that I was innocent. They all thought he was just trying to protect his brother cop. (one of the jurors was the prosecutors neighbor for crying out loud!) What a nightmare. Police should be more worried about protecting us from dangerous people. Not harassing people with dying parents, or trying to pin dui's on people who aren't drunk.

I have no problem that this thread is staying on the "Browns Board" section for easy access. Although, any reason my thread on the same subject was moved to "Political Discussion". I am not asking for this thread to be moved there, just curious on why mine was moved and his wasn't.

For whatever reason, someone thought it warranted a separate topic just for the video. At least thats how it appears to me.

Don't know just saw no posts on it and after watching the video put it up here. Possible someone else moved it.

Regardless, more drama once again and from a Puker too.

I have no problem that this thread is staying on the "Browns Board" section for easy access. Although, any reason my thread on the same subject was moved to "Political Discussion". I am not asking for this thread to be moved there, just curious on why mine was moved and his wasn't.

Shut up, Steeler fan, you are lucky you are allowed to post here at all.

The interesting thing is that you are more interested in what Browns fans think of the Moats ordeal than your own Steeler fans. You are a wannabe Browns fan. You wish you could be one of us ... but you never will.

Unless Moats is shooting steroids up his ass, I don't know what this has to do with you.

Zombo

So Moats excepted the written apology from the cop. It shows the Moats was the bigger man here. I'll be disappointed if this cop is not disciplined severely. Moats will never see his mother-in-law again.

Cops do a tough job in this country, but you get a lot of them who are just plain out assholes. What they feel to realize is the public are the ones writing their checks, show a little bit of respect to the people paying you to make the citizens in your jurisdiction live by the law.

I use to work at a Sheetz gas station on 3rd shift in college, and I don't know how many times I'd see cops just hanging around the store, eating food, drinking free coffee, literally for hours. Is their really not enough crime in the city?

I will retype this since somebody decided to be immature and delete it.......

What is with you following my every post and repsonding to it with nonsense. You accuse me of purposly causing problems, but it actually you causing the most problems. I get along with most people on here. We are able to actually have a conversation and all out of good fun, throw in some trash talk and jokes about eachother here and there. You seem to have fun cuasing problems and probably the only one who enjoys it.

C'mon...Don't cry...You are a Steelers fan posting on a Brown's board. What do you expect? Take it like a man.

Add to this, 95% of your brethren on this board are complete jackasses....That doesn't help the whole situation.

I hate name dropping but I again talked to my brother (A cop) about this whole situation and ask him how he would've handled it.

He said it is as simple as this....When you see the guy pull into the hospital you should know that 1+1=2.

He said he would've jumped out of his cruiser and he would've ask what the problem was. After Moats informed him of the problem, My brother would've asked for his driver liscense and told Moats to get in the hospital now! My brother said he would've went back to his cruiser and run his liscense and driver liscense while Moats was going into the hospital. If everything checked out with his documentation my brother would've went into the hospital to find Moats or family members to return the driver's liscense and offer sympathy.

He said he could be cited but only a dickhead would do that.

My brother is not only a cop but he's a police union officer as well. He will defend his fellow cops....But even he said the guy should be fired immediatley.

He said they would run into these kind of guys often. They are on an ego trip and this officer was mad that Moats didn't stop for him immediately. He took it as an insult so he was going to show Moats.

They need to fire this little prick.

If something like this would happen to me or my wife with this cop after the DPD didn't fire him?......Boy, I'd be in contact with an attorney and suing the city for all I could for not taking care of the problem when they had the chance to. They could be held liable for allowing him to stay on the streets when it's a known fact that he has a problem.

C'mon...Don't cry...You are a Steelers fan posting on a Brown's board. What do you expect? Take it like a man.

Add to this, 95% of your brethren on this board are complete jackasses....That doesn't help the whole situation.

I just don't know why some people are able to handle themsleves in the way I described while others just act like Zombo? I never expected a warm welcome, but some poeple are still a little immature.

I just don't know why some people are able to handle themsleves in the way I described while others just act like Zombo? I never expected a warm welcome, but some poeple are still a little immature.

Sniff. Sniff.

You better correct your profile, Silverbitch, it claims you are a man.

Zombo

Zombo will always lay the wood on steeler fans, always.

I don't care how nice you are, or how respectful you are being, by your very presence you draw the ire of the natives, and any lashing out is fully justified. You either deal with it or move on. Just that simple.

And lets not act all nicey nice now like your just a respectful football fan who's coming here for a lil' smack or whatever. I've seen you act like a complete prick, so lets just cut the bullshit.

"I've seen you act like a complete prick, so lets just cut the bullshit."

I wouldn't go that far at all, but I have learned. Since I was on here awhile I have been able to figure at there are a few idiots who will never give it a rest. Most people are decent people that its actually possible to have a conversation with.

Archived