THE BROWNS BOARD

Pettine, Not Farmer, To Blame?

Tim Couch Pulls Out

And you said Pettine wasn't capable of halftime adjustments. Shame. :P

As Bill Belichick told a reporter, why would I wait until halftime to make adjustments that need to be made in the 1st quarter? We can't even deviate from the game plan at halftime so it was how we got outscored 55-3 in the last 3 games after halftime heading into this week. Canton Mike gave me that fact about how drastically this staff has been outcoached after halftime on the scoreboard.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Canton Mike gave me that fact about how drastically this staff has been outcoached after halftime on the scoreboard.

I'm more inclined to believe the Browns have been outplayed than outcoached.

Lack of execution is on the player not the coach.

OK this is the chicken or the egg argument. Are we bad because we're being outcoached, or losing because the coach doesn't have the horses?

Both? Lousy player selection, and lousy coaching? The housecleaning is yet again imminent.

Mike to Ray- hey, I really liked that dartboard pick. Ray to Mike- "why do you think I was texting you"?

IMO Canton, choosing to start Bademosi at corner and a bunch of jockeys at WR make it really easy to outplay us just like not tweaking/simplifying the defense nobody seems to understand.That's coaching all the way down to every surprise de-activation. Our defense was way better in 2014 before final install than it is in 2015. Are we seeing growth or regression? We closed 2014 with 5 straight losses and opened 2015 with a 2-8 record.

Lining up in the neutral zone like Starks did vrs Cincy is on the veteran player - I agree on stuff like that.

IMO Canton, choosing to start Bademosi at corner and a bunch of jockeys at WR make it really easy to outplay us just like not tweaking/simplifying the defense nobody seems to understand.That's coaching all the way down to every surprise de-activation. Our defense was way better in 2014 before final install than it is in 2015. Are we seeing growth or regression? We closed 2014 with 5 straight losses and opened 2015 with a 2-8 record.

Lining up in the neutral zone like Starks did vrs Cincy is on the veteran player - I agree on stuff like that.

Last year's defense wasn't really that much better considering the cream puffs we had on the schedule. We really couldn't stop the run last year either. We also finished 2014 with guys from the PS playing on both sides of the line including QB.

I really don't think there would be much difference between playing Gilbert over Bademosi. I've already relegated the fact that Gilbert is going to be nothing more than a ST standout....just like Bademosi.

Benji dropping a pass that hit him in the chest isn't on the coach, Cam Erving holding isn't on the coaches.

Both of those plays cost us a TD, but I put the blame on the player.

Stopping the run has not been lack of talent lack of coaching it's players not doing there job not maintaing there lains Kruger on every play is ten yards up field it's simple do your job and do it well but it's the coaches job to hold them to a standard

Stopping the run has not been lack of talent lack of coaching it's players not doing there job not maintaing there lains Kruger on every play is ten yards up field it's simple do your job and do it well but it's the coaches job to hold them to a standard

Can't stop the run in New York....... can't stop the run in Buffalo......can't stop the run in Cleveland BLAH BLAH BLAH......BLAH BLAH BLAH....IT MUST BE THE PLAYERS......BLAH BLAH BLAH

Here comes the broken record again, the players stink. Does anyone in here believe there to be a GM who would trade a 6th round pick for Kruger or Haden? How about the stellar offseason moves of Starks and Tramon Williams. This team isn't any good. Buddy Ryan couldn't coach these one trick ponies.

Archived