THE BROWNS BOARD

Reasons we shouldn't Keep Pettine and He will start DAVIS

stillmotion

I can't think any besides to have continuity within the team.

I'm really ashamed of the pressers Pettine has gave after bullshit losses like that.

I'm really ashamed he keeps his pussy of a DC friend O'Neill in there and doesn't hold him accountable for the SHIT defense. I mean how the fuck are we letting Matt Schaub run all over us like that.

Pettine says they only draft players that are passionate about football, but how fucking passionate is Mike?

He said it in the presser that he was afraid we'd possibly have a turnover if Davis passed the football or we took a shot. Apparently we respect the Ravens defense but they don't respect ours very much? He said he was hoping to confuse them by running. Instead they stuffed our pathetic play.

I want a head coach who has balls. Say what you want about Mangini, but he wasn't a conservative pussy.

What the fuck did Pet have to lose by letting Davis pass the ball and try a slant? Sorry he was "Afraid" Davis might throw a pick, but look what happened because of the end result.

I also heard we wanted to win by a field goal, NOT a touchdown. I want a coach that takes a shot.

Sorry but Mike is not our guy. I can't take another year of O'Neill Defense. If O'Neill is D coordinator next year i will flip a shit.

How exciting are Mike's team to watch? We are not this bad.....

Pettine will announce Austin Davis the starting QB the rest of the season i'm willing to bet. He doesn't like or trust Johnny, and even said during the ravens presser after we lost that "If Josh can go he's our starter". Pettine, Josh just got killed. IF he's

injured, don't fucking play him. Now PET can't play him so i think it'll be the ultimate stick-it to Johnny.

Sadly, I think they'll both be gone next year, Johnny might be on the cowboys, and we'll never know if he could be an NFL qb or not.

Josh Cribbs said on TV, that perhaps the Browns need to bring back

Eric Mangini.

He said at least he ran a tight ship, and they were near the top of the league in fewest

penalties.

Pettine needs to go, and take his little pettine mini-me, Oneil, with him.

I'd still keep the OC and staff.

Mangini winning 5 in a row at the end of that season was pretty damn impressive. That is NOT easy to do in the NFL, and if I had to guess, it's not something you see all of the time. I don't remember, but I believe those wins granted him another year, but then he was fired. He was probably "coaching on a short leash", and whenever that happens, things don't tend to work out for one reason or another. Mangini definitely ran a tight ship, and he was a stickler for the little details. I never minded him, and I thought at the time that he knew what he was doing. I also wasn't happy when we lost the "Chud" group of coaches. I wasn't as fond of the DC, as I thought he was too aggressive and that cost us some games, but that was the group of coaches I liked the most.

I don't ever write posts that say "Pettine must go NOW!" The reason being is that I think we have a serious lack of talent at basically every position, and I can't think of too many coaches on earth that would have this group of players contending. That being said, Pettine definitely isn't without his faults. His clock management is awful, and he doesn't seem to extract the maximum amount of talent out of the players he has on the roster. At some point you have to play the hand your dealt, and I don't think he's done that well. Everybody and their mama knows our organization needs continuity in the worst way, but are you doing more damage by keeping the wrong people in charge? That's the question nobody has the answer to.

We all know what people say about "ifs and buts", but look at the first round talent alone that was provided to Pettine. What in the hell is he supposed to do with THAT? I don't know how much of a say he had in the draft selections, and I DO know that he desperately wanted Gilbert (as did MANY teams), but Farmer definitely has a large share of the blame here. Erving is least familiar playing at LG, but I sure didn't expect his ass to get blown apart 20 times a game.

I told you he'd start Davis.

Not a fan of the decision, and I hope Austin does well out there, but if Austin gets injured and Pettine throws Pryor in, i'll call for his head.

Although, by sitting Johnny the rest of the season, maybe the Browns FO thinks that he'll be more valuable trade bait by teams taking a "guess" or a chance.

I mostly like Eric Mangini. Some of you can probably confirm or deny this but didn't he win a bunch of games at the end of a bad season? If Mike Pettine does that I have a little more respect for him.

WSS

I always liked Mangini....would be thrilled if he came back. He never got a fair shot. The fat ass Walrus replaced him with his boy Shurmer, if I remember correctly. He definitely had more head coaching talent than the others.

I mostly like Eric Mangini. Some of you can probably confirm or deny this but didn't he win a bunch of games at the end of a bad season? If Mike Pettine does that I have a little more respect for him.

WSS

He put a saddle on Jerome Harrison and rode him to a strong finish, and the next season seamed to toss Harrison aside.

Thread title is slightly misaligned...

EDIT: Fixed, The Management :)

Just named Mangini in Gip's weekly survey as my retread choice.

And he won 4 in a row at the end of his first year, 2009.

I still maintain that if his defensive, QB on-the-field, Scott Fujita is not hurt in 2010's Jets game, that we win that game and Mangini survives for a season 3.

Thread title is slightly misaligned...

Just named Mangini in Gip's weekly survey as my retread choice.

And he won 4 in a row at the end of his first year, 2009.

I still maintain that if his defensive, QB on-the-field, Scott Fujita is not hurt in 2010's Jets game, that we win that game and Mangini survives for a season 3.

Yeah I liked Mangini. He turned Hillis into an all pro for 1 year. Good coach. His downfall was his GM duties. He made terrible draft picks. Remember Robiskie and Massoqoui? Alex Mack was his only good pick. At least he traded down to avoid Sanchez...

Yeah I liked Mangini. He turned Hillis into an all pro for 1 year. Good coach. His downfall was his GM duties. He made terrible draft picks. Remember Robiskie and Massoqoui? Alex Mack was his only good pick. At least he traded down to avoid Sanchez...

Yep. Didn't Mangini start here with Kokinis as GM? Then Mangini was just given too many hats to wear after they canned Kokinis. Teamed with a solid GM, he could be a very interesting choice.

Mike

I can't think any besides to have continuity within the team.

I'm really ashamed of the pressers Pettine has gave after bullshit losses like that.

I'm really ashamed he keeps his pussy of a DC friend O'Neill in there and doesn't hold him accountable for the SHIT defense. I mean how the fuck are we letting Matt Schaub run all over us like that.

He should send ONeil packing, if we're talking about accountability Mike is totally capable of being DC for a few games.

Pettine says they only draft players that are passionate about football, but how fucking passionate is Mike?

He said it in the presser that he was afraid we'd possibly have a turnover if Davis passed the football or we took a shot. Apparently we respect the Ravens defense but they don't respect ours very much? He said he was hoping to confuse them by running. Instead they stuffed our pathetic play.

What the fuck did Pet have to lose by letting Davis pass the ball and try a slant? Sorry he was "Afraid" Davis might throw a pick, but look what happened because of the end result.

I also heard we wanted to win by a field goal, NOT a touchdown. I want a coach that takes a shot.

Playing not to lose. Classic.

How exciting are Mike's team to watch? We are not this bad.....

Pettine will announce Austin Davis the starting QB the rest of the season i'm willing to bet. He doesn't like or trust Johnny, and even said during the ravens presser after we lost that "If Josh can go he's our starter". Pettine, Josh just got killed. IF he's injured, don't fucking play him. Now PET can't play him so i think it'll be the ultimate stick-it to Johnny.

He let McCown play with broken ribs instead of play Johnny. OK, Josh is tough- and Mike is stupid for letting him play.

Sadly, I think they'll both be gone next year, Johnny might be on the cowboys, and we'll never know if he could be an NFL qb or not.

We'll see what transpires if there's a Bengal blowout Sunday. Status quo won't cut it Mike. Or you may not have a job.

Archived