THE BROWNS BOARD

please stop with the HC rumor threads...

Clevfan4life

I'm probably the only one in here but I'll say it, I like Mike Pettine as the coach of the Cleveland Browns.

Count me in as well.

Ok here's what I'm seeing/hoping...lol. The team base is being overhauled. Everybody bitches about high paid or high draft players not playing. If a lower ranked player is putting extra effort into practice and flat out trying harder...he plays. And this can break the so what, I'm getting paid attitude, which is the root of a losing team. And the worst thing to do is remove the boss for another. If you wanna play on my team, you better bust butt. Sounds good till the next comes in. Then as many say, you're going to have "growing pains"...= losses to me. The coaches are young and learning as well as being fairly bright guys. I have seen this year as ending with a lousy W/l record..like a 20 game preseason leading to a much better year next season...and by that I mean a pretty solid 500 team looking up. I've never seen a Pro bowl with a lot of rookies in it. Kids gotta learn.....and losing games does suck but at least they manage to lose in so many strange ways that proves shit happens. Lack of practice time per the cba is a killer too, we need practice so throw out the record and get these guys minds right this year.....

Plus the embarrassment of being outcoached by his little brother, Jay...

Hmmm puts a nice twist on sibling rivalry , though.. I wonder if younger brother Jay gets pooched out in WAS , He becomes a viable canidate , here!

I see from the quotes the old DieHard has returned...

Hmmm puts a nice twist on sibling rivalry , though.. I wonder if younger brother Jay gets pooched out in WAS , He becomes a viable canidate , here!

Based upon their last few weeks, I don't think Jay is going anywhere. He stood his ground when it came to RG3 and it's paying off.

Same question for all of you. Why?

I have the same question that Steve just asked.

What was more universally loved around here about Petting when he took the job than his stand on playing time had to be earned? Earned regardless of how you got here... regardless of what day of the draft you were taken. Initially there were a lot of folks who doubted he'd actually follow through, but damned if he didn't... and apparently damned if he did.

So everyone loved at least the idea of that approach until someone they loved more than that stand did not get to play because of it. I doubt I need to rattle off a list of who those players were, but I could and JM would be name #1... maybe even manes #1 thru about #7... For some even Bowe has made their updated lists... Dwayne Fucking Bowe!

I still like his approach. I admire him sticking to it. I have never seen objective evidence that the collective judgement of he and his staff has been wrong.

His Defense...

I have been harping for years here about our LB Corps' inadequacy. As a whole it's gotten worse. I don't think that is the "scheme's fault". As Mud has pointed out repeatedly, we have only one Collegiate OLB on our roster, a former 4-3 OLB, and he's playing ILB... in what is more and more a 3-4. And I think that is his best position. Overall we utilize our OLBs as well as they can be used. They are simply not good enough.

Add that when we had a secondary that included a productive CB named Joe Haden, I thought the discussion of a 3-4 vs a 4-3 was a worthwhile one. Now? Does it matter?

I can go on, but won't. Because if the above does not begin to sway any questioners, nothing I might add about his demeanor or communication skills or humanity will.

Pet ain't perfect, but he is the best we've seen a while. I am in no hurry to see him gone especially given the list of names floated so far.

I see from the quotes the old DieHard has returned...Based upon their last few weeks, I don't think Jay is going anywhere. He stood his ground when it came to RG3 and it's paying off.What was more universally loved around here about Petting when he took the job than his stand on playing time had to be earned? Earned regardless of how you got here... regardless of what day of the draft you were taken. Initially there were a lot of folks who doubted he'd actually follow through, but damned if he didn't... and apparently damned if he did.So everyone loved at least the idea of that approach until someone they loved more than that stand did not get to play because of it. I doubt I need to rattle off a list of who those players were, but I could and JM would be name #1... maybe even manes #1 thru about #7... For some even Bowe has made their updated lists... Dwayne Fucking Bowe!I still like his approach. I admire him sticking to it. I have never seen objective evidence that the collective judgement of he and his staff has been wrong.His Defense...I have been harping for years here about our LB Corps' inadequacy. As a whole it's gotten worse. I don't think that is the "scheme's fault". As Mud has pointed out repeatedly, we have only one Collegiate OLB on our roster, a former 4-3 OLB, and he's playing ILB... in what is more and more a 3-4. And I think that is his best position. Overall we utilize our OLBs as well as they can be used. They are simply not good enough.Add that when we had a secondary that included a productive CB named Joe Haden, I thought the discussion of a 3-4 vs a 4-3 was a worthwhile one. Now? Does it matter?I can go on, but won't. Because if the above does not begin to sway any questioners, nothing I might add about his demeanor or communication skills or humanity will.Pet ain't perfect, but he is the best we've seen a while. I am in no hurry to see him gone especially given the list of names floated so far.

Take that one further and check the list of HCs that have been tenured over 5 years with the same team. Not one started out as an established, or successful nfl coach. Seems to me that home cooking may take awhile but ultimately it's worth the wait.

Tour, yes, most folks like a guy who lets the best players play, regardless of anything. But it can be taken overboard, and Pett takes it overboard.

With who?

Archived