THE BROWNS BOARD

Bart Scott says he hid in bathroom to avoid signing with Browns...

Clevfan4life

dude, why are you even on this board?

go root for your team the steelers and stay on their board, bitch.

But to be fair Steeler fan is right. The Browns didn't just now start becoming the laughingstock of the league. Sadly, that's been on for awhile.

You have had Jay Leno, Conan, Larry the Cable guy, and who knows who the hell else take shots at this organization.

But it's not just about the losing... many teams, the Detroits, the St. Lois'/Arizonas of the league that have gone though long losing droughts.... its all the unprecedented "extracurricular" shit that goes with the Browns organization that compounds the laughingstock image.

The unprecedented way the browns lost on Monday vs. the Ravens, and Bart Scott coming out are yet two more episodes to add to an already long list.

Lets see we had..Haslam investigated by FBI, a former owner Randy Learner more interested in his soccer team, bottlegate, A GM getting suspended for texting, the Johnny Football fiasco, the Josh Gordon fiasco, Kellen Winslow maiming himself doing motorcycle stunts, players suing the browns for contracting staph, fan gets slammed to the turf by a Steeler for all to see on TV, a recent TMZ article which had something to do with browns players whining, the countless regimes, starting QB's and head coaches...what else?

Name one other team that even comes close to compiling a record of this kind.

Only in Cleveland could a player Orlando Brown be injured by a refs penalty flag, or end up losing a game because a player tossed his helmet thanks Dwayne Rudd.

And don't be mad at Bart Scott. Many players share his attitude. The browns have been voted one of the 3 least desirable teams to play for by NFL players.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/08/cleveland_browns_third_least.html

Does anyone really want to dispute that?

A monumental task it is cleaning up this image. The Browns need to start winning NOW. Winning is the cure all and the only way to regain respectability.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But to be fair Steeler fan is right. The Browns didn't just now start becoming the laughingstock of the league. Sadly, that's been on for awhile.You have had Jay Leno, Conan, Larry the Cable guy, and who knows who the hell else take shots at this organization.But it's not just about the losing... many teams, the Detroits, the St. Lois'/Arizonas of the league that have gone though long losing droughts.... its all the unprecedented "extracurricular" shit that goes with the Browns organization that compounds the laughingstock image.The unprecedented way the browns lost on Monday vs. the Ravens, and Bart Scott coming out are yet two more negatives to add to a long list.Lets see we had..Haslam investigated by FBI, a former owner Randy Learner more interested in his soccer team, bottlegate, A GM getting suspended for texting, the Johnny Football fiasco, the Josh Gordon fiasco, Kellen Winslow maiming himself doing motorcycle stunts, players suing the browns for contracting staph, fan gets slammed to the turf by a Steeler for all to see on TV, a recent TMZ article which had something to do with browns players whining, the countless regimes, starting QB's and head coaches...what else?Name one other team that even comes close to compiling a record of this kind.Only in Cleveland could a player Orlando Brown be injured by a refs penalty flag, or end up losing a game because a player tossed his helmet thanks Dwayne Rudd.And don't be mad at Bart Scott. Many feel like that. The browns have been voted one of the 3 least desirable teams to play for by NFL players.Does anyone really want to dispute that?A monumental task it is cleaning up this image. The Browns need to start winning NOW. Winning is the cure all and the only way to regain respectability.

And how do you do this instantly?

dude, why are you even on this board?

go root for your team the steelers and stay on their board, bitch.

I used to be a Browns fan. Not so much anymore. I'm not a delusional idiot like yourself who pretends you are some kind of better fan or person because you are rooting for and staying loyal to the worst franchise in the NFL. Let's say you had a favorite restaurant and the owners closed it down because they retired. The food was great and you loved the atmosphere. Then someone comes along and offers the old owners enough cash and buys the business from the old owners and reopens the restaurant...only now the food is horrible, the atmosphere canned and its just not any fun anymore. You're one of the morons who would keep going to that crappy restaurant and eating the same shit sandwich over and over again expecting it to taste better next time.

By the way, your attempted insults are pathetic. You obviously lead a miserable life. You have my pity, you worthless sack of shit.

Point is that it does make him a better fan.

Gotta agree....

I used to be a Browns fan. Not so much anymore. I'm not a delusional idiot like yourself who pretends you are some kind of better fan or person because you are rooting for and staying loyal to the worst franchise in the NFL. Let's say you had a favorite restaurant and the owners closed it down because they retired. The food was great and you loved the atmosphere. Then someone comes along and offers the old owners enough cash and buys the business from the old owners and reopens the restaurant...only now the food is horrible, the atmosphere canned and its just not any fun anymore. You're one of the morons who would keep going to that crappy restaurant and eating the same shit sandwich over and over again expecting it to taste better next time.

I think you are confusing patronage with fandom.....the restaurant analogy doesnt really fit, because people arent "fans" of restaurants in the same way that they are fans of sport.....they are patrons of restaurants....and when the product is bad, patrons stop patronizing......pretty simple, really....

And, based upon your comment.. "I used to be...." tells me you were just a patron of the Browns who should've moved on already....

Fans have a right to bitch...thats what being a fan is.....but once you become a hater, you have shed yourself of being a true fan.......because, by definition, a fan is supportive......and many fans choose to be more supportive than others....and they are not dumb asses for doing that...

Because the Browns have been with me for over 40 years now, I think of the team more like a lifelong friend or even a child......so here is MY analogy......

My girl was an excellent gymnast and I was her biggest fan.....cheered her on when she won and offered support when she lost.....lived and died with her at every meet....she was amazing, so usually I had a lot to cheer about....but she also had some break downs and bad competitions where she missed routines that she usually nailed.....bother me?...sure.....but I didnt get angry and hate her(duh)....i never booed her......I never felt like she "owed" me victories or let "me" down when she lost(even though I had invested a ton of $ and time in her).......and, even if she had been terrible....I would have still been her fan, supported her and never would have abandoned that...no matter how good or bad....

And I could apply this same thinking to a friend, acquaintance, family member....etc.....

So....to me THAT is fandom.....supporting & following something you care about.....and not having the expectation that you are owed something just because you do that......

And if you have the expectation that you ARE owed something, because of your support or $ spent, then you are back to really just being a patron.....

so , in my world, fans always support their team.....while patrons only support their team when there is a proper return for $ or time......

Well said Mud. As a 9 year old I watched my Aggies beat the Longhorns in 1956 with our other Heisman winner, John David Crow. It was many a losing team and many head coaches before we beat them again as a 20 year old A&M Junior in 1967. I was never a quitter on my team and never became an non-fan. Doesn't work like that. Down here we call them bandwagon fans and T-shirt fans. They are quick to jump off the wagon and shuck the T-shirts when things go wrong. I still wear my Browns T that mik sent me when I play racquetball or go to the grocery store. 2-9 changes nothing once you become a real fan.

Mud, could be a restaurant that went undefeated for three decades... ;)

I can think of a few I'd like to have back:

• Gavi's - Willoughby. Simply the best Italian restaurant this side of the Atlantic, closed as a public restaurant years ago but still did parties.
  • Kiefer's Tavern - Best Schnitzel I've ever had. Last time I was there Browns were MNF hosts and the car's tank got syphoned...
  • Benny Shapiro's - Brookpark and Pearl... best Rubin on the West side and great Matzo Ball soup... tried to franchise and failed.
  • Glenn's Restaurant - across from Deconis Hospital. Simple, home-cooked fare done right.
  • The Stage House - Brecksville served family style IIRC.
  • The York Inn - York and Pleasant Valley... where I learned as a child to love breaded veal cutlets... the Yankee chicken fried steak... the American schnitzel.
No apologies for the attempted hijack of a stupid fucking thread.

Mud, could be a restaurant that went undefeated for three decades... ;)I can think of a few I'd like to have back:

• Gavi's - Willoughby. Simply the best Italian restaurant this side of the Atlantic, closed as a public restaurant years ago but still did parties.
  • Kiefer's Tavern - Best Schnitzel I've ever had. Last time I was there Browns were MNF hosts and the car's tank got syphoned...
  • Benny Shapiro's - Brookpark and Pearl... best Rubin on the West side and great Matzo Ball soup... tried to franchise and failed.
  • Glenn's Restaurant - across from Deconis Hospital. Simple, home-cooked fare done right.
  • The York Inn - York and Pleasant Valley... where I learned as a child to love breaded veal cutlets... the Yankee chicken fried steak... the American schnitzel.

Are you trying to say that we have a brat steamed in beer here?.....lol

Mud, could be a restaurant that went undefeated for three decades... ;)

I can think of a few I'd like to have back:

Gavi's is now Sarah's in Pepper Pike/Solon I believe.. I went there last January.. Great food. But I like more of the Mom & Pop type places like Petty's or Davitino's... I grew up on the real deal Italian food.

Gotta agree....

I think you are confusing patronage with fandom.....the restaurant analogy doesnt really fit, because people arent "fans" of restaurants in the same way that they are fans of sport.....they are patrons of restaurants....and when the product is bad, patrons stop patronizing......pretty simple, really....

And, based upon your comment.. "I used to be...." tells me you were just a patron of the Browns who should've moved on already....

Fans have a right to bitch...thats what being a fan is.....but once you become a hater, you have shed yourself of being a true fan.......because, by definition, a fan is supportive......and many fans choose to be more supportive than others....and they are not dumb asses for doing that...

Because the Browns have been with me for over 40 years now, I think of the team more like a lifelong friend or even a child......so here is MY analogy......

My girl was an excellent gymnast and I was her biggest fan.....cheered her on when she won and offered support when she lost.....lived and died with her at every meet....she was amazing, so usually I had a lot to cheer about....but she also had some break downs and bad competitions where she missed routines that she usually nailed.....bother me?...sure.....but I didnt get angry and hate her(duh)....i never booed her......I never felt like she "owed" me victories or let "me" down when she lost(even though I had invested a ton of $ and time in her).......and, even if she had been terrible....I would have still been her fan, supported her and never would have abandoned that...no matter how good or bad....

And I could apply this same thinking to a friend, acquaintance, family member....etc.....

So....to me THAT is fandom.....supporting & following something you care about.....and not having the expectation that you are owed something just because you do that......

And if you have the expectation that you ARE owed something, because of your support or $ spent, then you are back to really just being a patron.....

so , in my world, fans always support their team.....while patrons only support their team when there is a proper return for $ or time......

Exactly...

Gavi's is now Sarah's in Pepper Pike/Solon I believe.. I went there last January.. Great food. But I like more of the Mom & Pop type places like Petty's or Davitino's... I grew up on the real deal Italian food.

I have to remember that then. Gavi's was run by the Gromelski's. Wife's name was Mary and she was of Italian heritage. Pretty sure the husband was not.

Their conversion of the old power house in Willoughby was inspired. And the great food was prepared by authentic Italian Chefs.

Rang in 2000 at their New Year's Eve party. May have been the last time I was there.

I have to remember that then. Gavi's was run by the Gromelski's. Wife's name was Mary and she was of Italian heritage. Pretty sure the husband was not.

Their conversion of the old power house in Willoughby was inspired. And the great food was prepared by authentic Italian Chefs.

Rang in 2000 at their New Year's Eve party. May have been the last time I was there.

Yeah , I remember My sisters wedding rehearsal party there...2001,.. OMG.. we got toasted on wine... and had more of the same wine at My sisters reception.. Buehler Wines it was.. great stuff..

Bart Scott is just a dumb ass.....if he didnt want to sign with the Browns, WHY was he in Cleveland to begin with.....?

Retard shoulda thought of that before saying he had to hide......you coulda just stayed home......right Bart?

The problem is that feeling is more prevalent than not. Who would want to play in Cleveland, unless they overpay.

The bigger problem though is, and the reason i made this thread, is that Bart Scott really kind of ain't nobody but yet that day that headline was up every time i logged into MSN. It's about every 1-2 years now that the NFL spends the offseason clowning the Browns. And anyone that has "something" to say about the Browns will get retwatted or whatever. How we've gotten to this point is what infuriates me. We'll let another coach go and this offseason will be "brutal"...mark my words. Unless Jimmy has the next guy, and a big name, in the bag prior to firing Pettine.....if it's another regime change followed by on offseason of begging with the eventual "beggars can't be chosers" 11:59 naming of a HC.....omg we're gonna get fried. Stock up on the paper bags you fans that go to games next year.

That's his problem. But acting as if browns fans shouldn't bitch about the shit sandwich the team is serving up is ridiculous.

That was more my point than anything else. After losing 37-3 today How can anyone support these idiots? I guess I'm a fan but in spirit only. It's impossible for anyone with intelligence to support this farce of a franchise..a once proud franchise with rich history and tradition...

It's fascinating how many of you get upset when people speak the truth about the Browns. It would be like a politician getting upset over politician jokes.

Who's getting upset? We're speaking the truth about an underachieving LB who acts like he dodged a bullet by not coming to Cleveland. Truth is....nobody here wanted him in the first place. Irony?

Archived