THE BROWNS BOARD

Petition seeks to ban Donald Trump from the UK

DieHardBrownsFan

I posted this on one of the other threads the other day. Yes, really. He won't be banned, of course, but it's a legitimate question. Other speakers have been banned for similar things.

Amusingly, I expect this to be (briefly) debated in the house, as is customary when a petition gets over 100k signatures. I don't see this one slowing down any time soon.

He got stripped of an honorary doctorate from a scottish university also. In response, he says the UK should be thanking him for building a golf course in scotland (which destroyed a valuable environmental habitat) - because presumably scotland was nothing in the gold world before he came along...

War in the Middle East? The refugee problem? Isis?

Have I misunderstood you?

WSS

OK, with you now. Yes I blame the US, but not exclusively. We have had as much involvement as the US and are as much to blame.

I'm not taking anger out at Trump - I don't tend to get angry outside of sports - it's more sheer bewilderment that he thinks there are good things to say, and that people are actually agreeing with him.

Stuart

The Brits are appeasing idiots from the govt on down. As another idiot signs that petition another muslims laughs.

Meanwhile the police cant even wear uniforms in their own police cars.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3352406/Scotland-Yard-mocks-Trump-s-claims-London-police-terrified-Muslim-areas-officers-claim-tycoon-RIGHT.html

Wait, I thought it was only muslims signing that petition? Now they're laughing at people signing the petition? Come on guys, at least be consistent in this.

I'd be intrigued to hear which areas of london specifically are no go zones. In fact, if you come up with any, I might (if it's not hours away) go there and take a picture of it for you.

FWIW, Luton isn't London, however much it claims to be.

Luton is what you'd politely call a 'multicultural' town, with lots of people from all over the world. It's a bit of a shit hole generally, but I have never felt unsafe there. I grew up about 20 miles from there.

Wait, I thought it was only muslims signing that petition? Now they're laughing at people signing the petition? Come on guys, at least be consistent in this.

I'd be intrigued to hear which areas of london specifically are no go zones. In fact, if you come up with any, I might (if it's not hours away) go there and take a picture of it for you.

Only? Come on woody.

WSS

oth, Carter banned immigration of Iranians back in the day. I think liberals agreed with that.

But let a non-liberal knee jerk about banning the immigration of Muslims, well, that's "offensive".

We can't let the whole world come here to live - there isn't room. Control it, and freaking VET

every single one.

I still say, all this wailing over what Trump said, that was dumb, and that German Christian family

was refused to be allowed to stay in the U.S., and the obamao regime fought and fought

to make them go back to Germany.

I mean, seriously?

http://www.frontpagemag.com/point/261062/carter-banned-iranians-coming-us-during-hostage-daniel-greenfield

By the way, I heard a couple of Muslim leaders of groups... talk about how they

agreed with Trump on that. They said we can't let the threat of violence just

come here along with all those who truly wish to live here..

my paraphrasing....

Every time you see a sign like this don't be nonchalant toward or poo poo it as silly rhetoric. They mean it.

2qmm8h5.png

Of the few Islamic leaders that express outrage, it is most likely disingenuous. It is fake outrage, and you simpletons are buying it.

Lying is permitted in Islam, and Muslims are staunch believers in their faith. Put those two together.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/quran/011-taqiyya.htm

By the way, I heard a couple of Muslim leaders of groups... talk about how they

agreed with Trump on that. They said we can't let the threat of violence just

come here along with all those who truly wish to live here..

my paraphrasing....

Stuart

I sincerely want this to believe this. But words aren't enough.

The Muslim opposition to terrorism should be as fierce as the proponents of terrorism itself...kinda like Newtons third law of physics:

For every force there is a reaction force that is equal in size and opposite in direction.

Saying something offensive can get you banned from a westernized country?

Not offensive. Plenty of people say offensive things. It's about specifically inciting hatred based on an 'protected attribute' such as race, gender, sexuality, religion etc. The same things you can't be fired for, basically.

Pamela Geller got barred from entering the UK.

There a 1.6 billion Muslims in the world.

Choosing just 2% from the data below of Muslims believing that terrorism could be justified often, we come up with 320,000,000 million camel fuckers that believe terrorism is justified often....the population of the U.S.

Did that help you liberal simpletons put things into perspective?

(36 vs 64) 64% of Muslims in France believed it could never be justified, 19% believed it could be justified rarely, 10% sometimes, and 6% thought it could be justified often.

(30 vs 70) 70% of Muslims in Britain believed it could never be justified, 9% believed it could be justified rarely, 12% sometimes, and 3% thought it could be justified often.

(17 vs 83) 83% of Muslims in Germany believed it could never be justified, 6% believed it could be justified rarely, 6% sometimes, and 1% thought it could be justified often.

(31 vs 69) 69% of Muslims in Spain believed it could never be justified, 9% believed it could be justified rarely, 10% sometimes, and 6% thought it could be justified often.

In mainly Muslim countries:

(55 vs 45) 45% of Muslims in Egypt believed it could never be justified, 25% believed it could be justified rarely, 20% sometimes, and 8% thought it could be justified often.

(39 vs 61) 61% of Muslims in Turkey believed it could never be justified, 9% believed it could be justified rarely, 14% sometimes, and 3% thought it could be justified often.

(57 vs 43) 43% of Muslims in Jordan believed it could never be justified, 28% believed it could be justified rarely, 24% sometimes, and 5% thought it could be justified often.

(72 vs 28) 28% of Muslims in Nigeria believed it could never be justified, 23% believed it could be justified rarely, 38% sometimes, and 8% thought it could be justified often.

(31 vs 69) 69% of Muslims in Pakistan believed it could never be justified, 8% believed it could be justified rarely, 7% sometimes, and 7% thought it could be justified often.

(29 vs 71) 71% of Muslims in Indonesia believed it could never be justified, 18% believed it could be justified rarely, 8% sometimes, and 2% thought it could be justified often.

John Esposito, using poll data from Gallup, wrote in 2008 that Muslims and Americans were equally likely to reject violence against civilians. He also found that those Muslims who support violence against civilians are no more religious than Muslims who do not.[28]

A 2010 Zogby poll reported that 69% of American Muslims supported stronger laws to fight terrorism.[29]

A 2013 Pew Research Center poll asked Muslims around the world whether attacks on civilians were justified. Globally 72% of Muslims said violence against civilians is never justified, and in the US, 81% of Muslims opposed such violence. About 14% of Muslims in the nations surveyed (and 8% of Muslims in the US) said violence against civilians is "often" or "sometimes" justified. 26% of Muslims in Bangladesh believe attacks are either somewhat justified or often justified, 18% in Malaysia, 7% in Iraq, 15% in Jordan, 29% in Egypt, 39% in Afghanistan and 40% in the Palestinian territories.[30][31][32] The survey did not include some Muslim nations, such as Iran, Saudi Arabia, Algeria, Yemen, Syria, and Libya, but did include densely populated Muslim countries such as Pakistan, Turkey, Egypt, Nigeria and Indonesia.[33] According to a 2007 poll conducted by the PolicyExchange think tank in Britain, nearly 60% said they would prefer to live under British law, while 37% of 16- to 24-year-olds said they would prefer sharia law, against 17% of those over 55. Also, 36%[34] of 16- to 24-year-olds British Muslims believed that those converting to another religion should be executed. Less than a fifth of those over 55 think so.[35]

Archived