THE BROWNS BOARD

Pope Francis Issues Decree That Jews Should Not Be Told About Salvation In Jesus Christ

OldBrownsFan

My bible reads in big red letters from Jesus Himself that He (alone) is the way, the truth and the life and that no man cometh unto the Father but by Him. John 14:6...I made the decision long ago to stay with what the bible says over what any church or preacher said. What Jesus says takes priority over what any mere man says.

EDITOR’S NOTE: The Bible says that Jesus Christ came to “save His people” from their sins. Today, Pope Francis announced that soul-saving knowledge of Jesus Christ should be withheld from anyone who is Jewish, and that they should not be converted. This is in direct opposition to everything the Bible teaches about salvation, and against the direct statements of Jesus Christ Himself. And you wonder why we think this Pope is the False Prophet? Purposely not telling the Jews how to have eternal life is the worst kind of anti-semitism there could ever possibly be.

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/pope-francis-says-jews-should-not-be-converted/

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How many other websites do you want me to list:
Jews for Jesus Blast Vatican for Discouraging Attempts to Convert Jews to Christianity
Read more at http://www.breakingisraelnews.com/56248/jews-for-jesus-criticize-vatican-for-not-trying-to-convert-jews-biblical-zionism/#IJkmESiz7GJxCxcH.99

"Today, Pope Francis announced that soul-saving knowledge of Jesus Christ should be withheld from anyone who is Jewish, and that they should not be converted. "

This is dumb and misleading and people have no reading comprehension apparently.

He said Jews can reach salvation without accepting Jesus Christ as their savior, and Catholics shouldn't actively try to convert Jews

Doesn't mean they can't be converted or shouldn't get knowledge on Jesus Christ. It basically means even if people don't believe the same shit you do you don't need to shove it down their throats because they can still reach salvation regardless.

Living in the end times

"Today, Pope Francis announced that soul-saving knowledge of Jesus Christ should be withheld from anyone who is Jewish, and that they should not be converted. "

This is dumb and misleading and people have no reading comprehension apparently.

He said Jews can reach salvation without accepting Jesus Christ as their savior, and Catholics shouldn't actively try to convert Jews

Doesn't mean they can't be converted or shouldn't get knowledge on Jesus Christ. It basically means even if people don't believe the same shit you do you don't need to shove it down their throats because they can still reach salvation regardless.

You are making my point...HE SAID (the pope)...what he said (even the pope) means nothing compared to what Jesus says in His word. He says that Jews can be saved apart from Him.. Jesus says differently. I'm believing what Jesus says

I'm just pointing out that the article in OP is Retarded.

Christians think only Christians can be saved. The pope said everybody can reach salvation.

So even a Jew who doesn't accept Jesus as his savior, but dedicated his life to contribute to humanitarian missions and feeds the poor and lives a great selfless life can't go to heaven because he's Jewish? Seems pretty harsh to me to say that he needs to go to hell because he doesn't believe Jesus was the savior

I'm just pointing out that the article in OP is Retard.

Christians think only Christians can be saved. The pope said everybody can reach salvation.

So even a Jew who doesn't accept Jesus as his savior, but dedicated his life to contribute to humanitarian missions and feeds the poor and lives a great selfless life can't go to heaven because he's Jewish? Seems pretty harsh to me to say that he needs to go to hell because he doesn't believe Jesus was the savior

I heard a Messianic Jewish believer say in a sermon with tears in his eyes he would never see his parents again (who had died) because they refused Jesus as the Messiah. It is harsh but you cannot make up a different gospel that you like better. The bible is clear we are not saved by works. I am not knocking good works, the more the better but just don't count on that to save you. We are saved by faith. I fellowship with Jewish believers and I can tell you they want no part of this false teaching that because they are Jewish they don't need Jesus. The bible is so crystal clear that both Jew and Gentile are lost and need a Savior and there is only one Savior for all.

and I believe that nobody gets into heaven via works.

Nobody is perfect enough to be that perfect.

Therefore, it isn't by works, it's by understanding

that Jesus died on the Cross..

How do you know the scriptures are true? woodpecker

eh.... because you believe they are not, and you are always wrong

and antagonistic, therefore they are true.

simple.

So the pope says let's not be obnoxious cunts and throw jesus at everybody..........and he's an asshole for that..got it.

I think the ass hole is the guy that gets pissed off and shitty when somebody else is trying to do something he believes will save your soul or give you a way to receive the gift of eternal life. You know, you.

WSS

And he says Jews can still go to heaven.

What a jackass

Then said JESUS again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in YOUR SINS: whither I go, ye cannot come. Then said the JEWS, Will he kill himself? because he saith, Whither I go, ye cannot come. And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in YOUR SINS: for IF YE BELIEVE NOT that I am he, ye shall die in YOUR SINS. (John 8:21-24)

*In this passage Jesus was talking with the religious Jewish people of his day, and he told them that if they did not believe in him, then they would die in their sins. That statement by Jesus is still in effect today, and it has not changed one bit.

That was then, this is now. You can hardly hold people accountable for something they don't believe in and send them to hell. A just god would not do that, would they?

Jesus was holding the Jewish people in His day accountable for their unbelief. The only thing that has changed since His time is technology. Human nature hasn't changed. I work with Jewish believers and what the Pope has done in saying that Jews do not need Jesus is to saw the legs out from under them in their evangelistic work to Jews as well as being totally against what the bible teaches. The pope will probably get a lot of photo ops now with the rabbis he has gained favor with but the truth is never to be tossed out to gain favor. The apostle Paul went through all kinds of torture and eventual death because he held steadfast to the truth when he could have compromised on the truth and made his life a whole lot easier. I have seen the persecution Jewish believers receive from the Jewish community who consider them to be traitors to their own faith. Now their work has been made even much harder to win Jews for Jesus as the Pope has said that Jews do not need Jesus even though the bible clearly says they do. Sad really.

Hebrews 13:8New International Version (NIV)

8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

I think the ass hole is the guy that gets pissed off and shitty when somebody else is trying to do something he believes will save your soul or give you a way to receive the gift of eternal life. You know, you.

WSS

If only you were deep enough to understand that the logic string you just dropped is responsible for more misery and death then your mind could even conceive of. And i'm very sure that if someone walked into any church this coming Thursday and started handing out pamphlets informing people of their real lord and master, I'm talking about the spaghetti monster of course, because you know he was looking out for their souls and all....i'm very sure that would turn out just fine for the guy.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ryan-austin-fitzgerald/the-bible-doesnt-say-anyt_b_8822834.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

The Bible Doesn't Say Anything

The Bible says...

This is a powerful statement. We've all heard it before, from a pulpit or politician, friend or foe. These three words conjure an absolutist stance and the highest authority, but the fact is, the Bible doesn't say anything.
Here's an experiment. Go find a Bible. Place it on the table. Now listen. Put your ear very close if you must. Block out all peripheral noise, turn Netflix and YouTube off, and listen to the Bible. Open it even, and listen closely. I am not a psychic but I can predict you have come to the conclusion that the Bible is silent. It does not speak.
If we have established that the Bible does not speak, then how can it "say" all these things? When people claim the Bible "says" anything, it is a claim that there are words on the pages within that, when read by a person and repeated, syllables and phonetic noises can be understood by others who speak that language and can find meaning in it. Or, it is that when an individual looks at all the squiggly lines of black (or red) on the white pages of this book, their mind links them together in such a way that they form a particular meaning. My point is that the Bible does nothing. The reader does everything.
Reading is an act of interpretation. You are right now interpreting symbols that I have placed in a particular order on the internet. Once I submit this piece, I have no control over it, and you can make whatever sense you want out of it. That is the beauty of interpretation. Words are art, and they cannot be constrained to one kind of meaning. They exist to be interpreted.
The Bible has been interpreted by millions of people for over a millennium, and interpretations have varied as much. I would say that no two people can read the Bible in the exact same way, because our interpretations are filtered through our experiences, which no two people share. So how is it possible that the Bible "says" any one thing?
It is not my goal here to argue about particular things people use the Bible for, because this has been done ad nauseam by others. The Bible "said" that slavery was good. The Bible "said" that women shouldn't vote. The Bible "said" that only heterosexuals should be married. Fine. It also "said" that we are all equal under God and that we are to love each other unconditionally. Fine. The Bible is a text that was compiled over the course of a thousand years, being edited and reshaped the entirewhole time. Even up until the 17th century it hadn't been finalized by Protestants, who eventually removed the "Deuterocanonicals/Apocrypha" (the original 1611 King James Version included them!). The authors of the text had particular ideas they wanted to express, and women's rights and biotechnology were not among them.
When people say "The Bible says..." they are typically doing one of two things. 1) They are diverting authority, and criticism, to God. It's not their opinion, it's God's. The individual thus removes themselves from the equation by associating their view as divinely inspired and approved. 2) They are appealing to common ground to persuade somebody of something. This is related, but has a different rhetorical effect. These two modes often function in pairs from opposing sides. Imagine this (not that you'd likely need to imagine it): Sally claims "The Bible says X." Joan, a non-Christian, finds Sally's claim wrong, and responds, "But doesn't the Bible also say Y?" This happens very frequently, and usually leads to a standstill. Sally will not budge because she has God's authority on her side, and Joan will not acquiesce because her opinion has no biblical basis. The problem is that, "The Bible says..." diverts people from engaging with their own opinions and predispositions because they turn themselves into secondary sources. Sally claims it is not her own opinion, and Joan is only using the Bible as a tool that she doesn't even believe in. How can this dialogue ever advance?
I am suggesting that if people acknowledge that the Bible doesn't actually say anything, but that every claim is their own interpretation, heavily filtered through their own life experiences, there won't be a diversion of engagement; people will actually be able to communicate person to person, about their own opinions. As soon as the shift from "The Bible says" to "I interpret the Bible as" happens, it puts the conversationalists into a dialogue about their own actual thoughts and opinions.
To illustrate this more concretely, Colossians 3.22 reads, "Slaves, obey your masters in everything." This seems like a clear enough statement that the author upheld the institution of slavery. However, Galatians 3.28 reads, "There is no longer slave or free...for all of you are one in Jesus Christ." Paul sent back a runaway slave (Onesimus) to his owner (Philemon), only saying that Onesimus should be treated kindly, as he is now a fellow believer. So what does the Bible "say" about slavery? I will not lead myself into the quagmire of interpreting these passages here, but my point should be clear: Diverting personal responsibility for your opinions to the Bible, for whatever agenda you're trying to advance, is only effective in solidifying support with those who already agree with you. It is neither convincing nor practically effective.
I close by suggesting that if you, the reader, have ever used the phrase "The Bible says," that you examine your personal hermeneutic, because it's usually not the case that your opinions are only yours because "The Bible tells me so," it's because you have an opinion that you use the Bible to justify. And if you are someone who uses "The Bible says..." to counter a biblical interpretation with which you disagree, I suggest you don't give in to this temptation. It only feeds the illusion that the Bible can actually speak.
But the Bible doesn't say anything.

Archived